Vinatieri recovers to hit game-winning field goal

Adam Vinatieri kicked a 24--yard field goal with three seconds to play Sunday to lift the injury-ravaged Indianapolis Colts to a 13-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at the RCA Dome. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Republicanpundit

Newark, OH

#186 Nov 19, 2007
yes you are
bid wrote:
<quoted text>
Here come the Massholes trolling again...
BlueWave

South Bend, IN

#187 Nov 19, 2007
You leave enough time on the clock so if a penalty negates the field goal and you have to kick it again, there is still on the clock to do it. Some of you act like you should be the coach. I think Dungy knows what he's doing.
freeman wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why the Colts left 4 seconds on the clock to kick the game winning field goal..then kicking the kick off out of bounds..giving the Chiefs a chance (albeit a small one) to win the game with a bomb or (as they attempted) a multiple lateral play? Why didnt they call time out with 1 or 2 seconds left. And no it wasnt to avoid a delay of game. There were 22 seconds left after the previous play.
weirdo

Indianapolis, IN

#188 Nov 19, 2007
The Colts beat up on a middle-school-esque team in the last seconds. YAWN.
Colts Fans Suck

Indianapolis, IN

#189 Nov 19, 2007
I was not a bit surprised to hear Colts fans boo Vinatieri as he came on the field to attempt his first FG. I've said all along that Colts fans -- and Indy fans in general -- are fairweathered. Colts fans showed no class in booing any member of their 8-2 defending Super Bowl champion team. Have you forgotten the 1-15 and 3-13 seasons already?!? I bet those of you who were booing never attended a game during the lean years. Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon. The Colts don't need fans like you.
skidrow wilson

United States

#190 Nov 19, 2007
Keith Smith wrote:
I read the comment that if it was a big game, that Harrison could have played! I don't understand? I know one thing my mother could go out their and be a better wideout than GONALEZ! what a bum!
Look I'm sure your mother was a great player in her day...obviously it would be hard for me to get access to all of her stats...but you really sound like a fair-weathered fan...sorry
skidrow wilson

United States

#191 Nov 19, 2007
Keith Smith wrote:
Gopher Tee Brady, I speak the truth! The colts offense sucks baby! Harrison the colts need you badly!
This is true though...the offense does suck badly and a fix may or may not be coming. The truth is that when great teams like (New England) have no offensive weapons they still find a way to win. Unfortunately, for us Clots fans we do not possess the creativity of a Belichick...
indy

Beech Grove, IN

#192 Nov 19, 2007
The Colts need to pack up and leave.

The fans are fairweathered.

Peyton is a little girl and can't handle pressure
Patsfan56

Levittown, PA

#193 Nov 19, 2007
A Real Fan wrote:
You idiot NE homers are sickening, contrary to popular belief Brady didn't have no-name receivers. Hell Deion Branch was MVP of the Super Bowl back in 2003, and David Givens, Troy Brown and David Patten were outstanding route runners and YAC guys, let's not forget Ben Watson and Daniel Graham. The Patriots success is attributed to Belichick more than Brady because he had Weis design that little West Coast-Spread hybrid offense that the Pats run. Before you start lauding Lord Brady just remember that their offense is a spread designed to get the ball to receivers quickly, Brady doesn't have a tenth of the responsibilities Peyton has in his offense where the Colts have to get the ball downfield, and having guys like Harrison and Wayne are a must, so is having great pass blockers. The Colts almost whipped the Pats asses shorthanded and can do it again.
The colts were shorthanded? Aren't you forgetting all the phantom penalties called against the Pats defense? The zebras did everything they could to give the Colts the game and the Colts couldn't take it.

Perhaps if Peyton spent less time doing every commerical he could and more time preparing and spending time with his family, the colts would still be in the hunt and he wouldn't be getting a divorce.
NEPATS

Warrenville, IL

#194 Nov 19, 2007
GO PATRIOTS!!!!
I Lie Sometimes

Cincinnati, OH

#195 Nov 19, 2007
Chris wrote:
Has anyone else heard that Peyton and Ashley are getting a divorce? Someone said something about it on a call-in show after the game, and the announcers seemed to acknowledge it as truth. I haven't heard or read anything on it before then
Absolutely true! Peyton himself told me they just found out that she's pregnant with Tom Brady's love child!
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#196 Nov 19, 2007
I Lie Sometimes wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely true! Peyton himself told me they just found out that she's pregnant with Tom Brady's love child!
Sick........but funny!!!
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#197 Nov 20, 2007
How many passes has Peyton had batted down (and INT) by lineman in the last few weeks? I wish he'd use a little more touch and a little less laser, rocket arm on these passes to guys in the flat! Loft it a little, will ya'?

United States

#198 Nov 20, 2007
indy wrote:
The Colts need to pack up and leave.
The fans are fairweathered.
Peyton is a little girl and can't handle pressure
You live in Indiana and have such low support for your team. A true fan will support his or her team when they are good or bad. You do not see Packers fans act this way. They are always loyal to their team even when they are having a bad season.
Colts fan

United States

#199 Nov 20, 2007
bob wrote:
sure you will as long as the pats stink up the place again and the refs give the pats another 150 yards in flags, but dont count on it.
<quoted text>
What ever, we will wait and see.
freeman

Frankfort, IL

#200 Jan 10, 2008
BlueWave wrote:
You leave enough time on the clock so if a penalty negates the field goal and you have to kick it again, there is still on the clock to do it. Some of you act like you should be the coach. I think Dungy knows what he's doing.
<quoted text>
Hey Blue Wave..i hope you read this even though my reply is almost 2 months later. If i was the coach i WOULD have handled this better. It was 4th down!!!!!!! Not 3rd down. There was no point in leaving ANY time left on the clock after the field goal attempt. Apparantly you were'nt paying attention either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dwayne Bowe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots: Under-the-Radar Performer... Sep '14 BeliChickenChoker 12
Recap: Denver vs. Kansas City Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Vikings vs. Chiefs preseason: Game time, TV sch... Aug '14 adriana 1
Is Wide Receiver Help On The Way For The Chiefs? (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
It's a good draft for the Chiefs if ... (May '14) May '14 Foot Long 2
Should The Chiefs Pass On A First Round Wide Re... (Mar '14) Apr '14 KC Fatreids 9
Kansas City Chiefs Rumors: Could Terrell Owens ... (Sep '13) Jan '14 Cotton Club 13
More from around the web