UTEP vs. Buffalo: Quarter-by-quarter

UTEP vs. Buffalo: Quarter-by-quarter

There are 89 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 28, 2008, titled UTEP vs. Buffalo: Quarter-by-quarter. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

UTEP's 2008 season started off in nightmarish fashion, as the Miners botched a punt, threw an interception and gave up two touchdown passes to trail 14-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
STFU pansy

El Paso, TX

#85 Aug 29, 2008
Smooth from ELP wrote:
One bad game and everybody wants to lynch Price and the Miners. Come on...where is hometown support?
Everybody wants instant gratification in this drive thru generation.
Take a look at his season records when using his own players, those not recruited by Nord. Then STFU because you know nothing about football.

Get rid of Price.
Yagottabekiddinm e

United States

#86 Aug 29, 2008
One bad game, Smooth? Hey, Custer performed better than the U-Stink Whiners. Can't wait till I collect on my bets next weekend. I gave U-Schlep 50 points and I know I will be rich after the so-called game.
omar

El Paso, TX

#87 Aug 29, 2008
El Paso can't and won't bring the best recruits to town let's be honest about it....football and basketball can have one good class but not every class (Billy knew it that's why he left, Sadler knew it....he left). Nord was a great guy couldn't get the best football players in....Price well good coach but let's face it players play the game......
Finally had enough

United States

#88 Aug 29, 2008
I read through all these post, and 90% of you all hit the nail right on the head. There are a number of reasons why UTEP stinks, always has and always will. Who in their right mind would come to this city to play football? Only kids that have no other choice, or have family near by. I remember a guy i played ball with at Irvin, Ed Stansbury, heck of a guy, smart huge arm etc etc, his older brother played for UTEP..sorta lol, but Ed well he went from El Paso straight to UCLA, and i asked him once,'you gonna play for UTEP', hes said 'h/ell no, they suck'.. morale of the story?? UTEP/EL Paso stink, there is no reason to be here....None. no jobs, no big events, no money, nothing. I've been cheering for UTEP for 20 years...Come saturday, ill be in front of my 50' plasma with my brand new Texas jersey and hat..HOOKEM HORNS!! DESTROY this mesirable team.
Finally had enough

United States

#89 Aug 29, 2008
..and no im not wagon jumping, im dumping a team that i have invested money and time into and has given nothing back in return. i dont expect a thank you letter from the dean or Price, but i would like to know that my home town is being represented by people who have pride and guts, and too many times this school has failed me (the football team is all i care about really..) so im getting a divorce! lol, keep the house b/itch! GO Horns.
GO MINERS

El Paso, TX

#90 Aug 29, 2008
Mike Price is a Genius. How do you prepare for the biggest game in UTEP history. Win big against a meaningless buffalo team or play possum and hit the longhorns with sledge hammer when they enter the Sun
bowl. Go Miners.
Lurker

Orange, MA

#91 Aug 30, 2008
I Hate NY wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA. Yeah right. Name one other D-1 school in NY that has a snowman's chance in hell of cracking the BCS. Syracuse? HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!
STFU. NY footbal is for qu/eers unless it's the Giants in another lucky season.
I hate NY too and I live there...that not withstanding, U at Buffalo recruits from all over the country,in fact I am pretty sure they have 4 maybe 5 recruits from the great state of Texas,I guess they must be queers and not steers...
my point being, get a life,it's friggin football not foreign policy. Just my .02
chaca

Sahuarita, AZ

#92 Sep 5, 2009
Utep played good but the penalties caused them the game. i like my chances for next week's game if the errors can be resolved. both offense and defense need to be more aggresive
nick

El Paso, TX

#93 Oct 13, 2011
let this overpayd coach goooooo!!!! and fast a local coach will do the same or better without bring over all his mooron family to be payd y utep
let walfare end for price and family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Willy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seeking a fast start (Sep '09) Sep '09 Cube 6
News Continue reading "Selected capsules of Mid-Amer... (Aug '09) Aug '09 I Hate Syracuse 1
News Best 21 College Running Backs In The Nation In ... (Jun '09) Aug '09 I Hate Syracuse 10
News Willy headed to Charm City (Apr '09) Apr '09 Qball 1
News Buffalo's Willy helped resurrect school's program (Jan '09) Jan '09 I Hate Syracuse 3
News UConn Defeats Buffalo In International Bowl (Jan '09) Jan '09 MRBJMT 38
News UConn's Brown Commits To NFL After Beating Buffalo (Jan '09) Jan '09 downeaster 6
More from around the web