Should the Lions keep Jon Kitna, Roy ...

Should the Lions keep Jon Kitna, Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers?

There are 10 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Should the Lions keep Jon Kitna, Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers?. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

“I can't explain anything that they do.”

It is the Lions' time of year. Other teams have the preseason; the Lions have the NFL scouting combine. via Detroit Free Press

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Tommyboy

Highland, MI

#1 Mar 7, 2008
The lions should keep Roy Williams because with him it takes pressure off of calvin Johnson and allows him to develop more as a player. Kitna has to go, he wasnt a good quarterback in cincinatti and he isnt a good quarterback now. We should have made a better run at Anderson or we should draft a quarterback as this one has alot of depth but the lions drafted stanton and drafting a qb would pretty much be saying we threw our second round pick away last year which Millen wont do.

Fire Millen!!!
N2Pain

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Mar 16, 2008
Shaun is gone and good riddance. He has no more nude bars to purvey in Detroit. By all means, keep RW and let him be the best dual tandem in the NFL with CJ. Kitna is a good QB, not a great QB. He's tough which is crucial to the no OL help he'll get in 2008 without new OL upfront. Stanton has got to do something this year other than whine about stumping his toes on the bus ride to practice. Not sure if he's tough enough for the NFL but this year should determine that. I applaud all off-season moves thus far with this group. As always, as always, nothing changes significantly for the Lions until Matt Millen is gone.
rmm

Scottsmoor, FL

#3 Mar 28, 2008
the lions need to release jon kitna and keep roy
jay

United States

#4 Apr 22, 2008
PLEASE DONT TRADE ROY WILLIAMS ITS A BIG MISTAKE IF WE TRADE HIM. Becaus Calvin will have to do it all and with Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Shaun Mcdonald they have Probley the best receiver core in the NFL trade Kitna and Let Drew Staton Start give him the chance or even Dan Orlovsky
Roark

Traverse City, MI

#5 Jun 8, 2008
Kitna is and has been one of the most accurate passers in the NFL. Stats just don't lie. If he had a few seconds to actually deliver the ball with his accuracy and have the line open a few holes for a RB or two or have the O Line actually keep some defenders off Kitnas back, and the Greatest show on turf would have been in full fruition last year.

you know, the Lions WOULD have had this "so called balanced attack" that "Hop Along" Marinelli is "preaching". I say WOULD have except for the fact that the guy they handed the reigns to.... the guy who should have been G-O-N-E!!!!!!! GETS A PROMOTION!!!!!! The very guy who allowed Kitna to spend most of last season on his back, running for his life... to be sacked more then he ever has... gets to pretend he knows something about running an offense. Can someone please tell me how this works? Pretend to forget for a second that virtually every 1st & 2nd round draft pick for the past 4 years DON'T Play for the Lions anymore. Forget that they let go one of the best offensive co-ordinators in recent NFL History.( let me just go ahead and state, I bet San Francisco kicks our ass this year)

I just don't get how we as fans can just sit on our hands and let Matt Millen terrorize this team any longer. STOP BUYING INTO THIS GUY!!!! CUT HIM LOOSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Joel

Waterford, MI

#6 Jul 15, 2008
I would have to agree with Roark, Kitna is ALOT better than people think. On the other hand Detroit has a long way to go still. I personally think Detroit will have one of it's better seasons of years past. Who knows what will happen this year as we never know. The "EXPERTS" said the lions would go 3-13 last year as they say the same thing this year also. Which proves not one person has any inclination to what is going to happen period. SO please stop dogging the lions for the sake of doing so. And all the people from the lions hate-mail group please, please just go away and leave them to us the REAL FANS. Who love them even though they suck. Go watch another sport like soccer or badmitten (SPELLING?). Their is nothing worse then a bandwagon fan that hates the Lions just because it's the hip thing to do.
Joel

Waterford, MI

#7 Jul 15, 2008
now for the question. The Lions should keep Kitna and Williams. Rogers will have one of his best years in cleveland and that makes me happy as the Lions never did virtually one thing to help his cause, especially when he was in better shape in years past. Something to think about, Millen when asked to make draft selections actually made above par picks. Millen drafted Jeff Backus, Dominic Raiola Shaun Rogers, Scotty Anderson and Jason Glenn in 2001. Joey Harrington, Kalimba Edwards Andre' Goodman the rest of the picks are no longer playing in the NFL for 2002 which were all made by Marriucci. Martz made the offensive draft decisions in his two years this was Charles Rogers, Boss Bailey, Corey Redding, Terrence Holt, Shaun Cody, Keith Smith, Alex Lewis, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Shaun Rogers, Teddy Lehman. I hope that people realise these were all respectable choices at the time they just did not work out outside of a few picks. People need to get their info correct before they type a bunch of B/S... GO LIONS IN 08!!!!!!
Kate Bauman

Anniston, AL

#8 Oct 2, 2008
keep Roy Williams!!!GET RID OF KITNA!!!!We might win a game
SLO JIM

San Luis Obispo, CA

#9 Oct 6, 2008
I am a Bear Fan and loving it! You keep Roy Williams and Give us Kitna as a back up...he has more balls than Williams has drops!
SLO JIM

San Luis Obispo, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2008
Your game plans reminds me of ASU in the 80's, you should have kept Greg Olsen around at least he had a modern game plan !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson Palmer's shoulder 'regressed,' QB seeks ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 2nd Opinion 1
News NFL analyst Brandt: Carson Palmer has 'gone bac... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Corran Horn 2
News Jaguars rumors: Drew Stanton could get a look i... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Tim Teblow 1
News Predicting the Top NFL Free Agent Contract at E... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Robert coins 1
News Should the Lions Sign JaMarcus Russell? (Jun '10) Feb '11 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
News King: Packers owe Lions, Bucs (Feb '11) Feb '11 GBPfan 2
News Lions don't buy Hochuli's explanation for Suh flag (Dec '10) Dec '10 Big Fan 1
More from around the web