Orlovsky plans to enter free agency

Orlovsky plans to enter free agency

There are 4 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Orlovsky plans to enter free agency. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Dan Orlovsky says he's pretty confident free agency will be better for him than accepting a contract to be a backup quarterback for the Detroit Lions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

GO LIONS

Cedar Springs, MI

#1 Feb 24, 2009
Go ahead and test the market. We already saw that Orlovsky is not the future of the Lions. We will see what the free agent market brings. McNabb is holding out from the Eagles......Maybe bring over Cassel from the Patriots.....No matter what the future looks bright with the new coaching staff and we will be pleasantly surprised when the draft brings on our much needed help on the offensive and defensive lines.
GEORGE

Cedar Springs, MI

#2 Feb 24, 2009
Hey Go Lions you are partially right on your comment Orlovsky is not the future but Mcnabb defintly is not the future either otherwise the Eagles would do whatever it took to keep him(TO OLD)
Cassel you can forget about he's tasted to much success and why would he downgrade himself to the Lions? Every year we hear the promise of new coaching staff or we will get someone in the draft when will you guys wake up and realize that the Lions will find a way to disappoint you year in and year out..GIVE UP HOPE they have on there fans...

Since: Sep 08

Deerfield, IL

#3 Feb 24, 2009
GO LIONS wrote:
Go ahead and test the market. We already saw that Orlovsky is not the future of the Lions. We will see what the free agent market brings. McNabb is holding out from the Eagles......Maybe bring over Cassel from the Patriots.....No matter what the future looks bright with the new coaching staff and we will be pleasantly surprised when the draft brings on our much needed help on the offensive and defensive lines.
Do you give up the #1 for Cassel. I bet the Patriots are keeping Cassel until they are real sure Brady is back and they get replacement. Patriots though are not into spending high picks on QBs. Hard to tell what Lions plans are, maybe they are going to keep Culpepper and Kitna but I doubt it. Can't believe they are going to go with Culpepper, Stanton and Henson since they appear to have little confidence in the Drews. They are doing a good job of hiding their plans for that #1 pick but if they let Kitna go by not paying March bonus I suspect they are leaning to QB.
Jim

Ashford, CT

#4 Mar 4, 2009
I love the people that hate on Dan Orlovsky. The guy played better than any other quarterback on the team. Every game he played they came close to winning, he didnt turn the ball over, and bottom line gave them the best chance to win. A quarterback can only do so much and he defintly didnt hurt the team. It's not his fault that the oposing's teams offense rammed the ball down the lions defense every single game. Its not his fault recievers drop some big passes. Bottom line you put Dan on a decent team, that actually knows what there doing and hes gonna do big things

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson Palmer's shoulder 'regressed,' QB seeks ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 2nd Opinion 1
News NFL analyst Brandt: Carson Palmer has 'gone bac... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Corran Horn 2
News Jaguars rumors: Drew Stanton could get a look i... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Tim Teblow 1
News Predicting the Top NFL Free Agent Contract at E... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Robert coins 1
News Should the Lions Sign JaMarcus Russell? (Jun '10) Feb '11 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
News King: Packers owe Lions, Bucs (Feb '11) Feb '11 GBPfan 2
News Lions don't buy Hochuli's explanation for Suh flag (Dec '10) Dec '10 Big Fan 1
More from around the web