Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper attem...

Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper attempting comeback with Lions

There are 40 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 30, 2008, titled Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper attempting comeback with Lions. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Detroit Lions worked out quarterback Daunte Culpepper and liked how he looked.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

West Sacramento, CA

#21 Oct 31, 2008
JAK wrote:
<quoted text>
We need you to move back. Problem solved.
I WOULD NEVER LIVE IN SOUTH FLA AGAIN it is too crowded and too humid. I do however have some coastal property south of Tallahassee that I will be building on in a few years. I still make it back for a game or two a year as my brothers live in Ft Lauderdale. The traffic truly sucks their with the blue hairs making it worse during the winter. Norcal is great you can either ski or go to the beach within one hour of each other. Go to raiders fins games out here wearing all my fin gear and most of the faider fans are all talk though when Ricky Williams scored the clinching TD in 2005 and I stood up and cheered I did get hit in the head with a diaper full of baby crap. It was the best pass by anyone in a Faider jersey all day. Go Fins!!!!
Ex Miamian

Deltona, FL

#22 Oct 31, 2008
norcalfinfan wrote:
<quoted text>I WOULD NEVER LIVE IN SOUTH FLA AGAIN it is too crowded and too humid. I do however have some coastal property south of Tallahassee that I will be building on in a few years. I still make it back for a game or two a year as my brothers live in Ft Lauderdale. The traffic truly sucks their with the blue hairs making it worse during the winter. Norcal is great you can either ski or go to the beach within one hour of each other. Go to raiders fins games out here wearing all my fin gear and most of the faider fans are all talk though when Ricky Williams scored the clinching TD in 2005 and I stood up and cheered I did get hit in the head with a diaper full of baby crap. It was the best pass by anyone in a Faider jersey all day. Go Fins!!!!
LOL! Sorry about you having to catch a poopy but the comment was pretty funny. Especially when I think of some raider fan wearing all that silver and black makeup, jewelry and costume stuff carrying a dirty diaper just to sling it at somebody because their team lost.

And I definitely agree about So Fla. My folks moved us there when I was a baby and I grew up there. I wouldn't move back for anything. It's no wonder the stadium is almost empty every game nobody in So Fla cares a damn about anything but themselves. Too bad; it didn't used be that way.
JAK

Miami, FL

#23 Oct 31, 2008
norcalfinfan wrote:
<quoted text>I WOULD NEVER LIVE IN SOUTH FLA AGAIN it is too crowded and too humid. I do however have some coastal property south of Tallahassee that I will be building on in a few years. I still make it back for a game or two a year as my brothers live in Ft Lauderdale. The traffic truly sucks their with the blue hairs making it worse during the winter. Norcal is great you can either ski or go to the beach within one hour of each other. Go to raiders fins games out here wearing all my fin gear and most of the faider fans are all talk though when Ricky Williams scored the clinching TD in 2005 and I stood up and cheered I did get hit in the head with a diaper full of baby crap. It was the best pass by anyone in a Faider jersey all day. Go Fins!!!!
Lets hope it was baby crap. Odds are good some that crap came out of a full grown Raider nut job.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE NoCal, but although SoFla blue hairs do occasionally wear diapers, they don't often throw them at you after their use.
Dave

United States

#24 Oct 31, 2008
JAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets hope it was baby crap. Odds are good some that crap came out of a full grown Raider nut job.
And don't get me wrong, I LOVE NoCal, but although SoFla blue hairs do occasionally wear diapers, they don't often throw them at you after their use.
That's ntohing compared to Buffalo games. I've seen fans there threaten women, children, old men. All you have to do is where the other team's jersey (in this case it was the Dolphins) and you are an automatic target. It's really dangerous there , more dangerous than any other stadium I've been too and I've been to about eight or nine including Pittsburgh, Baltimore and the Jets.....

West Sacramento, CA

#26 Oct 31, 2008
JAK wrote:
<quoted text>
On the way in the people tail gaiting tossed chicken bones and other half eaten debris that my self and two compatriots and my 14 year ol daughter all wearing fin attire made our entrance. At the time we were both 3-7 in the season so we both sucked at the time. Fins went on to spank the faiders 33-21 that day as JT had three sacks including one for a safety. Gus Ferrotte threw for two long TDS and Ricky ran for about a C-note and the clinching 33 yard td when the cloth covered ball of human infant fecal matter hit me upside my head. Her husband actually came down and apologized. The fins won every game the rest of the season in impressive manner and then they inexplicably dumped Ferrotte who had a great arm and led them to six straight victories to end the 2005 season. They bring in a not healthy Culpepper and it was all downhill from there. What has happened this year shows the importance of this position when it comes to managing the game and not turning the ball over. Pennington has been the best free agent signing since Irving Fryar in 94.

West Sacramento, CA

#27 Oct 31, 2008
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ntohing compared to Buffalo games. I've seen fans there threaten women, children, old men. All you have to do is where the other team's jersey (in this case it was the Dolphins) and you are an automatic target. It's really dangerous there , more dangerous than any other stadium I've been too and I've been to about eight or nine including Pittsburgh, Baltimore and the Jets.....
I guess my main point is that ever since going to my first what was then an afl game when the dolphins were in their second year and saw a young Bob griese run and pass his way to rookie of the year award. I was away from south fla from 68 to 70, After I returned 1970 I went to every dolphin home game until 1974. The old OB would literally shake on its foundation. In the afc championship game after the 1971 season an aging Johnny Unitas led his Baltimore Colts against the fins for the afc title. Miami ended up winning that day. Old Mr. Unitias looked pretty good that day but When Dick Anderson Made a fourth quarter pick and ran in back for the clinching td after about four of the most perfect blocks in return history that local tv played for weeks after. Warfield scored the other td on a 75 yard pass from Griese. He faked his man TO THE GROUND. and was wide open when Greise hit him in stride. If Warfield were around today he would be as good or better than ANYONE out there and I saw him throw devastating blocks on running plays. As a receiver he was so shifty that almost nobody ever got a clean shot on him. I saw him on tv a few months ago and he looks like he could still play. One of the most underrated wide receivers in nfl history and the only one with as many catches as he has with almost a 21 yard average PER CATCH. An unheard of figure today. Nothing like seeing such classic moments live. Have since attended over 200 live nfl games as well as at least three superbowls because I love the experience of being there live especially after watching the fins set the yet to be broken nfl record of 31 straight home wins in the early to mid 70s. would like to witness at least one more fins title. Like what I see so far this year. Broncos must be turned into horse meat.
Jim

Pompano Beach, FL

#28 Oct 31, 2008
I'd take Culpepper over Noodle Arm anyday. At least he can strech the field.

West Sacramento, CA

#29 Nov 1, 2008
Jim wrote:
I'd take Culpepper over Noodle Arm anyday. At least he can strech the field.
You are a mental case. Pennington is having a great year. Culpepper turned the ball over way too much and was never the same guy after the knee surgery. I call 6 catches for 175 stretching the field.
YOMAMMA

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30 Nov 1, 2008
Hosed wrote:
<quoted text>
Uuh, Ya...OK. So who do you think Detroit beats looking at their remaining schedule??
don’t care about Detroit or C-pep. My issue is with stupid people like you that have nothing to offer the forums except negativity and venom.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#32 Nov 2, 2008
I hear Detroit signed DullPepper, I guess at 0-7 what do they have to lose? If it's already broke you can't break it anymore. Worth a try! they are probably the only team that had serious interest!
nenarekd

Calumet, MI

#33 Nov 2, 2008
I don't dispute the fact that he sucks, i am however hoping that he will throw Calvin the ball more then 3 times a game. I can't believe they don't force the ball to Calvin more often, the guy is a beast waiting to be unleashed.
JAK

Miami, FL

#34 Nov 4, 2008
norcalfinfan wrote:
<quoted text>On the way in the people tail gaiting tossed chicken bones and other half eaten debris that my self and two compatriots and my 14 year ol daughter all wearing fin attire made our entrance. At the time we were both 3-7 in the season so we both sucked at the time. Fins went on to spank the faiders 33-21 that day as JT had three sacks including one for a safety. Gus Ferrotte threw for two long TDS and Ricky ran for about a C-note and the clinching 33 yard td when the cloth covered ball of human infant fecal matter hit me upside my head. Her husband actually came down and apologized. The fins won every game the rest of the season in impressive manner and then they inexplicably dumped Ferrotte who had a great arm and led them to six straight victories to end the 2005 season. They bring in a not healthy Culpepper and it was all downhill from there. What has happened this year shows the importance of this position when it comes to managing the game and not turning the ball over. Pennington has been the best free agent signing since Irving Fryar in 94.
Thank goodness Brett Favre is a total mental case and that the brilliant Jets took the bait. All those second round picks we spent through the years, and the Jets gave us our best QB in ten years FOR FREE! How sweet is that?

But for the record, I'm saying Chad Henne is going to be great, and when we're ready to really compete for a championship, it'll be Henne at QB and Chad P as a very reliable and quality backup.
Kumar

Columbus, OH

#35 Nov 11, 2008
norcalfinfan wrote:
Aahhh, reminds me of a fun day at JRS many years ago...

The Fins were hosting the Raiders and kicking their butts good, when the Raiders scored a late, meaningless TD. In the next section over, there was this obnoxious and flaming gay black "dude" (not that there's anything wrong with being gay or black) who began dancing wildly and taunting nearby Dolfans despite the fact that Miami was up by several TDs.

At that point, I crumpled up my empty beer cup, and launched it over toward the offender. It was a long way, nearly an entire section's width. But on this day, fortune favored me, and with an assist from the hand of God himself, the beer cup landed on the head of the RumpRaider.
Kumar

Columbus, OH

#36 Nov 11, 2008
JAK wrote:
<quoted text>
The poo could also have come from a female astronaut.

West Sacramento, CA

#37 Nov 11, 2008
Kumar wrote:
<quoted text>
Aahhh, reminds me of a fun day at JRS many years ago...
The Fins were hosting the Raiders and kicking their butts good, when the Raiders scored a late, meaningless TD. In the next section over, there was this obnoxious and flaming gay black "dude" (not that there's anything wrong with being gay or black) who began dancing wildly and taunting nearby Dolfans despite the fact that Miami was up by several TDs.
At that point, I crumpled up my empty beer cup, and launched it over toward the offender. It was a long way, nearly an entire section's width. But on this day, fortune favored me, and with an assist from the hand of God himself, the beer cup landed on the head of the RumpRaider.
I feel somehow vindicated by your remarks. RUMP RAIDER??? out freaking standing ROFLMAO I will use this insult at length this weekend. Thanks again
Kumar

Columbus, OH

#38 Nov 13, 2008
norcalfinfan wrote:
<quoted text>I feel somehow vindicated by your remarks. RUMP RAIDER??? out freaking standing ROFLMAO I will use this insult at length this weekend. Thanks again
Use it loudly and proudly!

West Sacramento, CA

#39 Nov 13, 2008
Kumar wrote:
<quoted text>
Use it loudly and proudly!
I PLAN ON IT THIS WEEKEND WHEN I WATCH THE GAME WITH A BUNCH OF FAIDER FANS...IF I CAN FIND ANY. LOL

West Sacramento, CA

#40 Nov 13, 2008
Kumar wrote:
<quoted text>
The poo could also have come from a female astronaut.
It might have been from that creature in the sky box...Mr Davis who is rumored to wear depends.
Kumar

Columbus, OH

#41 Nov 18, 2008
norcalfinfan wrote:
<quoted text>It might have been from that creature in the sky box.**** Mr Davis who is rumored to wear depends.
Yeah, he needs to just die and get on his way to Hell where he belongs.

West Sacramento, CA

#42 Nov 18, 2008
Kumar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he needs to just die and get on his way to Hell where he belongs.
He would enjoy hell as he has created a football hell (blackhole) in Oakland that makes all that enter this realm prone to irrational behavior and endless stupid penalties. He should instead be sent to limbo which is exactly the place he has left all of the die hard faider fans out here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson Palmer's shoulder 'regressed,' QB seeks ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 2nd Opinion 1
News NFL analyst Brandt: Carson Palmer has 'gone bac... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Corran Horn 2
News Jaguars rumors: Drew Stanton could get a look i... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Tim Teblow 1
News Predicting the Top NFL Free Agent Contract at E... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Robert coins 1
News Should the Lions Sign JaMarcus Russell? (Jun '10) Feb '11 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
News King: Packers owe Lions, Bucs (Feb '11) Feb '11 GBPfan 2
News Lions don't buy Hochuli's explanation for Suh flag (Dec '10) Dec '10 Big Fan 1
More from around the web