Previewing the Dallas Cowboys

Aug 29, 2007 Full story: Iggles Blog

Is Tony Romo any good? You can look at the 2007 Dallas Cowboys a lot of different ways, but when it comes right down to it, that's really the only thing that matters. via Iggles Blog

Full Story
bledsoe fan

United States

#1 Aug 29, 2007
finally someone tells it like it is about romo
Phil Smith

Lodi, CA

#3 Aug 29, 2007
One thing you said was "I'm not a Tony Romo expert", but then we already knew this fact by the time we got to this part of your post.

There are sooooo many things you missed and your interpretation of what went on is, shall we say,
less than accurate.

Tony Romo has the makings of a truly great QB. Time will tell if he lives up to this or not, but one thing is for sure ... time hasn't proven otherwise!
Phil Smith

Lodi, CA

#4 Aug 29, 2007
bledsoe fan wrote:
finally someone tells it like it is about romo
If Romo is not any good, and he did better in his 10 starts than Bledsoe ever did in any ten consecutive starts ever in his career (which Romo did do), why do you like Bledsoe so much?

The truth is what I have stated before. Bledsoe was a good QB, even a very good QB.

Tony Romo? Well, no one can say yet. But a lot of people who know football see great things. Time will tell, but I am sure tired of all of you Bledsoe fans continuing to diss Tony Romo. He doesn't deserve it. This Iggles Blog was just short of stupid. If you followed his logic, Bret Farve is lousy and so was Bart Starr and a lot of other great QB's. Just plain ignorant. But you sure jumped on it because ... well, I just don't know why. But I know what it indicates.

Since: Aug 07

United States

#5 Aug 30, 2007
why can't everyone agree the cowboys are due for the superbowl this year.
cowboysfansince7 5

Friendswood, TX

#6 Aug 30, 2007
This article was complete nonsense. Over the last five games of the 2006 season, what was this guy watching? The defense put Romo and the offense in bad situations. All QB's, when forced to consistently play from behind, as in the games against New Orleans and Philly, are forced to take more chances and are therefore more prone to turning the ball over. Do not forget, when Romo was setting the league on fire, the defense was playing lights out. I won't go into the predictability and blandness of the Parcells' 3-4 right now, but Romo's numbers in the last five games are directly linked to the secondary's struggles and the lack of an effective pass rush over that same period. This is the same player who outdueled Peyton Manning and the then undefeated, and eventual SB champion Colts. He is the same guy who lit up the (never mind the anemic offense) vaunted Bucs defense for five TD passes on Thanksgiving. This is the same guy who, on the road at Carolina, led the team to a come-from-behind victory in his first start! this is the same player who put the Cowboys in position to kick the winning field goal in the playoffs on the road in Seattle (despite a secondary who could not cover Seattle's depleted receiver corps). Forget the hold, HE IS NOT THE HOLDER! 10 starts or not, his peers seemed to think he was worthy to represent the NFC in the Pro Bowl. Who the heck is Iggles? Tony Romo, and his career 95.1 QB rating, will be just fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Bledsoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Romo Not A Loser, Choker; So Why Don't His... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jerry Jones 4
Dallas Cowboy's Tony Romo: Stand By Me (Apr '13) Apr '13 voss 2
25 Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jerryrigged Jones 3
Drew Bledsoe nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Juanita 1
Cowboys' Romo returns to scene of 2006 postseas... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Cowboy fan 1
Drew Bledsoe nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Patrick 1
Ask a Giants Fan (Sep '12) Sep '12 Choke 3
More from around the web