Bledsoe, Horn get in unemployment line

Bledsoe, Horn get in unemployment line

There are 54 comments on the Philadelphia Daily News story from Mar 1, 2007, titled Bledsoe, Horn get in unemployment line. In it, Philadelphia Daily News reports that:

As expected, the Dallas Cowboys cut Drew Bledsoe yesterday. Bledsoe, who lost his quarterback job to Tony Romo after six starts last season, was among a number of aging players cut as teams adjusted their ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philadelphia Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
csinglet

Richardson, TX

#1 Mar 2, 2007
I attended the Cowboy cheerleader presentation at the beginning of the 2006-07 season. Sitting behind me was Drew Bledsoe and he continually kept kicking the back of my seat like a Jr. High kid. I ignored it but recall thinking how immature he is. As a result of attitude, he's sunk like a rock. As a QB, he smelled up the place. He got what he deserved.
jon

New York, NY

#2 Mar 2, 2007
you are so full of shh--.. The guy is a class act.
melvin

Bozeman, MT

#3 Mar 2, 2007
i thank he is allright but did not play well for the cowboys
Gene Clanton

Pasadena, CA

#4 Mar 3, 2007
Dallas now has a backup quarterback pretending to be a genuine starter: I predict that Romo will be just about successful as Losman. Here's hoping Drew gets on with Seattle or Denver, even if he has to start out as a backup for a time.

May the Boys have a happy future.
Drew is one of the best

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2007
wherever he ends up whatever he does he will do it with dignity, he may not always make us happy and he may not always make the best decisions on the field but you cant take away the fact he holds records and he is a leader i have admired him from his rookie year on and i will remain a true fan throughout no matter what.
hurry up and find a new home Drew, i will be waiting to see what team i will be cheering for next season.
one of the best

Clermont, FL

#6 Mar 3, 2007
drew bledsoe is indeed one of the best quarterbacks of all time dont care what any oone says ok how many quarterbacks throw for 50 thousand plus yardage and there only 34 years old coem on now its rediculous football teams have no loyalty too there players now a days its stupid brady sucks isnt even that great hes a very good listener thats all im from mass and i hate the pats cause what they did too bledsoe he is one of the best of all time very few are betta then him ppl dont liek him cause he stands in the pocket like a regular q.b should do,look at all the running q.b in the nfl how many have oen a suber bowl come on...vick sucks..mcnabb sucks,they are injured every other year its rediculous the big d ios gunan be hurting this year ill tell u taht tony homo is a no body neva will be he chokes and we seen that last year when he muff the kick idiot...hopefull bledsoe finds his self a good team too go too and do good i mean seattle ehhh they have haselback...denver maybe but i like jay cutler im thinkin if houston trades car o cleveland then he could go tehre if they dont draft a gyuy or even if they do there or okland either way were eva he goes hes still one of the est q.b eva
One More year

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Mar 3, 2007
I truly hope Drew catches on with another team. He is a class act and deserves better than he got this past year.
Tim C

AOL

#8 Mar 4, 2007
Drew is a class act...and if you check his records...one of the top 10 all time passers in the NFL. I applaud him for efforts...and thank him for not becoming a media hog or a money grubbing nightmare. Drew will find a team that uses his talents....Dallas is the "Land of Misfits"..Drew never fit from the start.
Another Bledsoe Fan

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Mar 4, 2007
I'm dissapointed to see that the Bucs have both signed Garcia and traded for Plummer. That is one org that is no longer a potential for Drew.

Will he end up somewhere, or retire? i'm beginning to think it's the latter, although I hope not,
Phil Myers

Modesto, CA

#10 Mar 4, 2007
one of the best wrote:
drew bledsoe is indeed one of the best quarterbacks of all time dont care what any oone says ok how many quarterbacks throw for 50 thousand plus yardage and there only 34 years old coem on now its rediculous football teams have no loyalty too there players now a days its stupid brady sucks isnt even that great hes a very good listener thats all im from mass and i hate the pats cause what they did too bledsoe he is one of the best of all time very few are betta then him ppl dont liek him cause he stands in the pocket like a regular q.b should do,look at all the running q.b in the nfl how many have oen a suber bowl come on...vick sucks..mcnabb sucks,they are injured every other year its rediculous the big d ios gunan be hurting this year ill tell u taht tony homo is a no body neva will be he chokes and we seen that last year when he muff the kick idiot...hopefull bledsoe finds his self a good team too go too and do good i mean seattle ehhh they have haselback...denver maybe but i like jay cutler im thinkin if houston trades car o cleveland then he could go tehre if they dont draft a gyuy or even if they do there or okland either way were eva he goes hes still one of the est q.b eva
Actually, he threw for 44 thousand yards, not 50 thousand. He has one of the lowest completion records of any QB, with a 57%. He has one of the highest interception to TD ratio's of any quarterback. He is not even close to being one of the top 10 QB's. He had a couple of good years, but never a great year. What he had was longivity, hence the number of yards. But 57% is hardly great.
And no one is going to sign him, because three teams already figured out that he doesn't live up to the billing. He's done.
bledsoefan

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Mar 5, 2007
you have no idea what you are talking about--he single handingly pulled the Patriots out of the grave--went to the Super Bowl twice, and the playoffs a few more times. He helped bring back Buffalo and Dallas
bledsoefan

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Mar 5, 2007
oh yeah--Losman has done wonders for the bills
Phil Myers

Modesto, CA

#13 Mar 5, 2007
bledsoefan wrote:
you have no idea what you are talking about--he single handingly pulled the Patriots out of the grave--went to the Super Bowl twice, and the playoffs a few more times. He helped bring back Buffalo and Dallas
He did no such thing. He did help Buffalo, but like always, couldn't maintain. He did nothing for Dallas, that could not have been done by going to Romo earlier (since Romo outperformed him - check the numbers -- this fact is self-evident).
Phil Myers

Modesto, CA

#14 Mar 5, 2007
Tim C wrote:
Drew is a class act...and if you check his records...one of the top 10 all time passers in the NFL. I applaud him for efforts...and thank him for not becoming a media hog or a money grubbing nightmare. Drew will find a team that uses his talents....Dallas is the "Land of Misfits"..Drew never fit from the start.
Your definition of class does not meet mine. His blog on Tony Romo is disgusting and childish. He should be fined for it.
doug

United States

#15 Mar 5, 2007
Phil Myers you are a moron. That is not his blog. Do you have downs syndrome? Were you dropped on your head when you were a child(last week)?
bledsoefan

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Mar 5, 2007
bledsoe won 8 of the last 10 buffalo games he played
Boobala

United States

#17 Mar 5, 2007
bledsoefan wrote:
you have no idea what you are talking about--he single handingly pulled the Patriots out of the grave--went to the Super Bowl twice, and the playoffs a few more times. He helped bring back Buffalo and Dallas
hahahahahaha....
Phil Myers

Modesto, CA

#18 Mar 5, 2007
doug wrote:
Phil Myers you are a moron. That is not his blog. Do you have downs syndrome? Were you dropped on your head when you were a child(last week)?
No actually, I was not and my IQ is quite high. I wondered if it was his blog, since oh by the way -- it says it is. So I thought the best way to find out was write what I wrote.
Perhaps it's your blog and you are the one without any class.
Well, we know you have no class, since you talk as you do. But is it your blog also? Because if it is, I think Tony Romo should sue you. There is a difference between writing critical comments and just being a borish and rude.
Shane Honnette

Mankato, MN

#19 Mar 5, 2007
Phil Myers wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually, I was not and my IQ is quite high. I wondered if it was his blog, since oh by the way -- it says it is. So I thought the best way to find out was write what I wrote.
Perhaps it's your blog and you are the one without any class.
Well, we know you have no class, since you talk as you do. But is it your blog also? Because if it is, I think Tony Romo should sue you. There is a difference between writing critical comments and just being a borish and rude.
What blog are you talking about I would really like to know because if it is the one about Tony Homo then you should know better than to believe that Bledsoe actually did that. Cmon sir
Phil

Modesto, CA

#20 Mar 5, 2007
Shane Honnette wrote:
<quoted text>What blog are you talking about I would really like to know because if it is the one about Tony Homo then you should know better than to believe that Bledsoe actually did that. Cmon sir
I did not know,so I wrote what I wrote and figured I would find out. However, the site does have Drew's pictures, and is written in his name. He could stop it with a single letter, since it is not legal to act like you are someone else and post the types of things being posted. The fact that he doesn't would tell me that he finds it okay. So, for me, it does not matter whether he actually writes it,... he allows it. And in my book, it's the same as if he is writing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Bledsoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Belichick on QB: 'Not a doctor, don't do surger... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Dr Phil 1
News As Brady, Gronk know, pre-Super Bowl injury tal... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Tony Romo Not A Loser, Choker; So Why Don't His... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jerry Jones 4
News Dallas Cowboy's Tony Romo: Stand By Me (Apr '13) Apr '13 voss 2
News 25 Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jerryrigged Jones 3
Drew Bledsoe nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Juanita 1
News Cowboys' Romo returns to scene of 2006 postseas... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Cowboy fan 1
More from around the web