So is he a Tony or a phony?

So is he a Tony or a phony?

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 22, 2007, titled So is he a Tony or a phony?. In it, Newsday reports that:

There is good news for the Jets. Eventually, they will own a quarterback with a lively arm, a rapid release, sharp instincts and a big contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

dud dew

Bedminster, PA

#1 Nov 22, 2007
Well-constructed, Shaun.

The only thing I would add is that Tony had a lot more time to sit and watch, then might have (who can really say, f'sure?) had a better cast to work with, than the Oregon Kid.

To use another measure, Kellen looks much better to me at this stage than Eli did a coupla years ago...
Magic_Puzzle

United States

#2 Nov 22, 2007
I don't know if young Clemens will be the Jets' saviour, or just another warm body, and in all probability the answer is at least a year away. There are a lot of things separating the Jets and the Cowboys, but the most obvious one is Romo. The Cowboys brought Tony along in the best way to assure success with a youngster. Romo was not rushed onto the field despite the fact that Dallas was in QB hell. For four years he was tutored and eased along giving him season after season of getting familiar with the pro game and his teammates, so when he was called on he stepped up and is now recognized as one of the brightest young stars in the league. Still, Dallas kissed a lot of frogs before their "prince" was found. One week from today the young gunslinger in Dallas meets the old master in Favre. I anticipate a great game but I am really looking forward to seeing the matchup at quarterback. The old master will be giving a clinic on how to play the position and the young lion will be trying to show his full potential. Who will be favored? Since the game is at Texas Stadium, probably the Cowboys. Which is the better team? That probably won't be known on the strength of one game, but since these two teams seem destined to face one another in a re-match at a site to be determined, we shall see.
Some Guy

Asbury Park, NJ

#3 Nov 22, 2007
Hey, things may be bad, but at least we're not the Knicks.

Waterbury, CT

#4 Nov 23, 2007
with the nfl network televising the cowboy packers game, sure to be one of the best of the season, how sad that so many will not be able to watch it on tv. and if you do get nfl network, it will more than likely cost you additional money to see the game. a sign of the future? when more games will be offered at a premium price to football fans.

“True Blue Is Back ”

Since: Aug 07

In Texas

#5 Nov 23, 2007
It won't cost anything extra if you get dish network and the NFL station is in your package.
You just turn to 154 and start watching. You can watch a 3 hr. game in about 1 hr 15 min. by fast forwarding thru all the commercials, flags, halftime, and all the other stuff you can by pass.

Since: Nov 07

AOL

#6 Nov 24, 2007
I have dish as well and love it NFL 24-7 if I miss something I can always go back and watch it later. I will set mine for this game for sure Bret is Tony's childhood hero and this will be a game I hope he does well in. Wonder if he will ask him out for drinks after the game. Not long ago, Bret was his person he would love to meet. Yes that has happened but only once.
Lovetheboys

AOL

#7 Nov 24, 2007
This is going to be a great game. The only thing that concerns me is maybe Tony will try to do too much because he wants to out play his idol.

Since: Nov 07

AOL

#8 Nov 24, 2007
Lovetheboys wrote:
This is going to be a great game. The only thing that concerns me is maybe Tony will try to do too much because he wants to out play his idol.
That is very well possible, I Hope Jason will school him though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drew Bledsoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Belichick on QB: 'Not a doctor, don't do surger... Sep '16 Dr Phil 1
News As Brady, Gronk know, pre-Super Bowl injury tal... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Tony Romo Not A Loser, Choker; So Why Don't His... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jerry Jones 4
News Dallas Cowboy's Tony Romo: Stand By Me (Apr '13) Apr '13 voss 2
News 25 Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jerryrigged Jones 3
Drew Bledsoe nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Juanita 1
News Cowboys' Romo returns to scene of 2006 postseas... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Cowboy fan 1
More from around the web