Brees is Saints' savior

Full story: Philadelphia Inquirer

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees admits that more than a few of his friends questioned his choice of employer this year.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of548
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 14, 2006
 

Judged:

2

1

'savior' for the time being... he'll disappoint every saints fan soon. damn choker... thanks for leaving the chargers drew!!!
Brees is the man

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 20, 2006
 
as a long time chargers fan , im am offended that you feel that way for brees...i have rooted for the team for several decades now and it was bree's leadership/talent that has brought respect back to the charger organization...he has stated several times that he wanted to stay in san diego and become the franchise player for the team...however, the manager of the chargers did not fully support brees for a long term contract due to an injury brees sustained in the last game of the 2005 season...aj smith invested too much money on #4 pick philip rivers for him not to start...so that my friend is what really happened...drew brees did not leave san diego, instead it was san diego that left drew brees...
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 20, 2006
 
i have been a chargers fan for a loooong time too and i can't believe that real fans actually miss his lame ass. HE HAD ONE GOOD SEASON!!! brees = overrated choker! hell yeah i'm glad he's gone. and i wish all chargers fans would feel the same. those brees fans are just going to have to keep watching rivers 'the man' until they realize their just stubborn, or they should hop on the saints fairweather bus and buy a NO jersey, and hopefully, move to louisiana. FACT IS, he ALWAYS found a way to choke when it mattered. he'd throw interceptions, fumble, and had very poor leadership skills. rivers is the opposite and that's why it was the correct decision. he's a better QB PERIOD. making the playoffs this year and playoffs next year, and a SB win soon will silence those 'brees lovers' including yourself.

sure he's helped NO this year, but where else can you go but up when you're at the bottom?
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 20, 2006
 
i think aj smith as well as our defense brought more credit for bringing this organization back to respectability, not drew.
once again, so glad he's gone.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 20, 2006
 
I am a huge Brees fan and am glad to see him rip it up in NO. Although skeptical at first, especially with his pass delivery, I have to admit Rivers is playing awfully well since Marty has increased the pass oriented play calling in the past 2 games.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 20, 2006
 
Joe wrote:
I am a huge Brees fan and am glad to see him rip it up in NO. Although skeptical at first, especially with his pass delivery, I have to admit Rivers is playing awfully well since Marty has increased the pass oriented play calling in the past 2 games.
i agree with your point about rivers' very unconventional pass delivery. but he seems like a natural leader and i'd bet he's one of the most intelligent football players in the league. he'll take the chargers to unchartered territory.
reply to scsuperchargers

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 20, 2006
 
first of all, i never considered myself to be a "brees lover" as you call it...i personally believe that philip rivers is an outstanding quarterback who is poised beyond his years...rivers no doubt will bring the chargers organization many division championships in the upcoming seasons including 2006...immedietly after the draft in 04, i was very pleased that the chargers were able to select philip rivers...unlike many so called "fans" who watch only the nfl, i often watch college ball on tv in order to somewhat evaluate potential prospects of the nfl...having said that, i knew right away that the chargers had themselves a great future qb in choosing rivers as i actually watched some of his performance on tv while he was still in college...in your comment regarding brees lack of leadership skills, why don't you ask tomlinson,gates,shottenheimer who the real leader of the team was back in the 04/05 season(heres a hint,it wasnt rivers)...and by the way, despite my respect for brees and what he has accomplished this season, there is no way in hell i would ever wear a new orleans jersey...not even reggie bush's jersey, and he himself is from san diego...
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 20, 2006
 
not wearing a NO jersey = good. reggie b.= helix hs alumni, played with alex smith, i know, i know my north county HS played those highlanders (and won)...
as for the leader in '04-'05, where the bolts CHOKED against the jets?!?! if brees is to be crowned leader during the impressive 12-4 season, yet extremely brief playoff appearance, then so be it. brees was a cool and likeable guy but rivers was ready, he is the future and he will take us farther.
Chargers will win it all

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 21, 2006
 
i agree...rivers IS the future who will most likely bring us the lombardi trophy, therefore increasing tomlinsons chances of making the hof in his first try once he decides to retire in the nfl...
john

Pearl River, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 21, 2006
 
you can say whatever you want yes rovers is good but Brees cam in and has done much with the Saints. You can't put rivers as some great qb when he was installed into an already great team. yes I respect the chargers, but Rivers is starting with an already established team. Brees cam in and has turned a team from 3-13 to now 5-1. That is a great accomplishment.
reply to john

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 21, 2006
 
you are absolutely right...that is exactly what i am trying to tell people about the saints immediete turn around so far...prior to brees arrival in new orleans, the team was a dismal 3-13 during the 2005 season...right now as i speak, the saints are leading their division heading into week 7...as mentioned before, brees is a class act quarterback who will in fact bring credibility to the saints franchise in the years to come...he might not be as vocal or charasmatic as philip rivers, but never the less brees continues to show a great level of leadership, on and off the field............great job so far new orleans, you guys have a hell of a quarterback......while i strongly believe the chargers will win a superbowl real soon, the saints will not be that far behind......of course, that is after the chargers win the next 4 superbowls in a row...
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 21, 2006
 
john wrote:
you can say whatever you want yes rovers is good but Brees cam in and has done much with the Saints. You can't put rivers as some great qb when he was installed into an already great team. yes I respect the chargers, but Rivers is starting with an already established team. Brees cam in and has turned a team from 3-13 to now 5-1. That is a great accomplishment.
john,
rivers = not a good QB because he was thrust into a good team? what about brees having those same players and going nowhere?
bottomline for me--->brees' choke factor is too overwhelming. i agree he has improved the saints dramatically. not to mention the trade has been very positive for both teams. however, i feel sorry for the NO fans getting their hopes up because (once again) DREW CHRISTOPHER BREES CHOKES WHEN IT MATTERS.
it was torturous being a chargers fan for me while brees was here because he just isn't a CLUTCH player. AND I HAVE DOZENS OF FELLOW CHARGERS FANS WHO FEEL THE SAME! sure he had a few moments where he lead the team, but nothing too extraordinary... which is why RIVERS is the 100% correct decision. i wish continued fortune for the saints because i'm am a reggie bush fan, but i doubt drew will ever have what it takes to take you guys deep into the playoffs.
brees is no ryan leaf

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 21, 2006
 
i dont want to call brees a complete choke artist, remember it was nate kaeding who missed the game winning field goal in the playoffs against the jets... however i will agree with scsupercharger that rivers at this particular time in his career is showing more potential than brees despite having started in only 5 nfl games...while drew has shown alot of determination despite adversity(remember he is only 6ft tall), philip rivers has a much stronger arm and the throws he makes are deadly accurate whether it is for a 5yd screen pass or a 45yd bomb to antonio gates.......with his high confidence and exceptional pocket presence, philip rivers will play a dynamic role in the highly explosive charger offense.............with that said, brees+bush+colston themselves are making the saints as one of the top offensive unit in the nfc...
Saints_backinbla ck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 21, 2006
 
scsuperchargers wrote:
'savior' for the time being... he'll disappoint every saints fan soon. damn choker... thanks for leaving the chargers drew!!!
Moron, AJ was the guy that shipped Drew out, He wanted his "boy" Rivers playing, he made a slap in the face attempt to resign Drew. Get your facts first so you don't look like a fool.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 21, 2006
 
brees is no ryan leaf wrote:
i dont want to call brees a complete choke artist, remember it was nate kaeding who missed the game winning field goal in the playoffs against the jets... however i will agree with scsupercharger that rivers at this particular time in his career is showing more potential than brees despite having started in only 5 nfl games...while drew has shown alot of determination despite adversity(remember he is only 6ft tall), philip rivers has a much stronger arm and the throws he makes are deadly accurate whether it is for a 5yd screen pass or a 45yd bomb to antonio gates.......with his high confidence and exceptional pocket presence, philip rivers will play a dynamic role in the highly explosive charger offense..........with that said, brees+bush+colston themselves are making the saints as one of the top offensive unit in the nfc...
rivers brings much more. i'll never forget the numerous times i was so pissed when drew brees would throw horrible interceptions or fumble the ball at the exact WRONG moment.
charger fans need to look to the future without drew.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 23, 2006
 
go chargers.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 26, 2006
 
BREES-FAN wrote:
BREES IS THE MAN, AND YOU CLOWNS FROM CALI WILL SEE.
HATE NOW BECAUSE THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO RUN THE TABLE WITH YOUR HATED BREES
HTTP://WWW.GOTSAINTS.COM
hahahaha. you guys won't even make the playoffs.
dendentowin

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 8, 2006
 
SCsupercharger your just too much the hater.We got a huge upgrade getting Drew and losing Brooks to Oakland.When Drew finishea a successful playoff season would you then fade away(and shut the hell up)!
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 8, 2006
 
dendentowin wrote:
SCsupercharger your just too much the hater.We got a huge upgrade getting Drew and losing Brooks to Oakland.When Drew finishea a successful playoff season would you then fade away(and shut the hell up)!
i'm no hater, just a REALIST. and i am not going to be trendy by jumping on the BANDWAGON to support the saints. he CHOKES when it matters people. soon you'll suffer the same torment as fans of mr.'interception/fumble/choker ' brees.
ACR63

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 9, 2006
 
SC I agree with you. Brees does choke. You will find out that Rivers is "Mr. Cool" when the chips are down. Every game he is getting more experience. You will find that he IS the smartest QB in the NFL. I saw what he did at NCSU and you will see it too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of548
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Donte Stallworth Discussions

Search the Donte Stallworth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots working out Jabar Gaffney? (Jun '13) Jun '13 Rewind 1
Tom Brady will have to adjust to new corps of r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
For Patriots, 13 seasons of few words and many ... (Jan '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 4
With Julian Edelman injured, Pats turn to Donte... (Dec '12) Dec '12 kevin 1
New England Patriots re-sign Deion Branch (Dec '12) Dec '12 Bewitched 1
New England Patriots release Deion Branch (Sep '12) Sep '12 Spyman 2
An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••