Browns' Donte' Stallworth to plead guilty to DUI manslaughter i...

Attorneys say Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth has agreed to plead guilty to a DUI manslaughter charge in Florida and will likely serve some time in jail. Read more
First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Glasnos

Orlando, FL

#512 Jun 26, 2009
deer three pink wrote:
<quoted text>
Accident? Is getting ****-walking drunk an accident? Stallworth made a choice to get drunk. He made a choice to drive after getting drunk. So, he chose to murder another human being.
They are dogs for crying out loud! If you want to fine Vick and send him to slammer for 30 days then go ahead. The sentence did not fit the crime in Vick's case.
Dogs are not human beings. But some human beings act like dogs.
While Donte made some bad decisions and acted negligently he did not intentionally set out to hurt or kill anyone. Vick on the other hand diliberately tortured and killed defenseless animals. If you look you will find many of the serial killers started out by torturing and killing animals before they graduated to humans.

I would trust Donte on the streets before Vick.
Private love

Zephyrhills, FL

#513 Jun 26, 2009
blind justice wrote:
I'm sure if Mario Reyes were a kitten, Stallworth would have done real time.
If Stallworth had gotten out of the car grabbed Reyes body-slammed him, then drowned him, electrocuted him, then shot and burned him, plus gone after his family too, then yes he would have done some real time.
GHT

United States

#514 Jun 28, 2009
JawJackr wrote:
<quoted text>
This post pretty much says it all. All those people wanting to see Stallworth executed should realize this is something that could just as easily happen to them. If somebody runs out in front of your car, you're probably going to hit him. Zoro is right that the judge had to at least question whether alcohol was a real factor, but Stallworth isn't a monster or even really a criminal.
understood but what was that bit about Stallworth flashing his high beam? If he had time to do that, didn't he have time to slow down or swerve?
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#515 Jun 29, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
While Donte made some bad decisions and acted negligently he did not intentionally set out to hurt or kill anyone. Vick on the other hand diliberately tortured and killed defenseless animals. If you look you will find many of the serial killers started out by torturing and killing animals before they graduated to humans.
I would trust Donte on the streets before Vick.
-brainless!
zoroaster

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#516 Jul 2, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>understood but what was that bit about Stallworth flashing his high beam? If he had time to do that, didn't he have time to slow down or swerve?
Again, at this point we are imagining what happened. In my recreation, the man is running from the other side of the street. Stallworth sees him about to reach the median and flashes his lights to make sure the guy realizes he is there. However, the guy doesn't stop on the median like Stallworth expects and, instead, dashes out in front of his car. I almost kill a teenager about once a month on Broward Blvd. in Downtown Fort Lauderdale when driving in the dark. They are standing on the median and suddenly dart out in front of the car. Either that or they think you can see them in their dark clothes and just dart out in front of you like a deer.
Glasnos

Orlando, FL

#517 Jul 2, 2009
Nick College Student wrote:
<quoted text>
-brainless!
Oh clueless one ... sorry about your hero worship of Michael vick.

Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last 25 years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty. The FBI has recognized the connection since the 1970s, when its analysis of the lives of serial killers suggested that most had killed or tortured animals as children. Other research has shown consistent patterns of animal cruelty among perpetrators of more common forms of violence, including child abuse, spouse abuse, and elder abuse. In fact, the American Psychiatric Association considers animal cruelty one of the diagnostic criteria of conduct disorder.
http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/abuse_connecti...

Every time a serial killer or perpetrator of a particularly violent crime is apprehended, you can bet that, eventually, it will be revealed that the killer "practiced" his crimes on animals. In the case of Steven D. Green, the former soldier accused of orchestrating the murder of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and her family, testimony at his alleged co-conspirators' recent court-martial hearing revealed that Green had previously set a puppy on fire and thrown the animal off a roof. Chillingly, the young girl who was raped and killed was also set on fire.

In Arizona, accused serial shooters Samuel John Dieteman and Dale S. Hausner allegedly shot nearly a dozen animals as well as 17 people during their 2-month-long killing spree in and around Phoenix. I believe that, as officials delve into their backgrounds, more cases of cruelty to animals will be unearthed, as they have been in virtually every serial killer case.

"There is not much of a leap between hurting poor defenseless animals to inflicting terror on vulnerable unsuspecting humans,"

Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#518 Jul 6, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last 25 years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty. The FBI has recognized the connection since the 1970s, when its analysis of the lives of serial killers suggested that most had killed or tortured animals as children. Other research has shown consistent patterns of animal cruelty among perpetrators of more common forms of violence, including child abuse, spouse abuse, and elder abuse. In fact, the American Psychiatric Association considers animal cruelty one of the diagnostic criteria of conduct disorder.
Every time a serial killer or perpetrator of a particularly violent crime is apprehended, you can bet that, eventually, it will be revealed that the killer "practiced" his crimes on animals. In the case of Steven D. Green, the former soldier accused of orchestrating the murder of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and her family, testimony at his alleged co-conspirators' recent court-martial hearing revealed that Green had previously set a puppy on fire and thrown the animal off a roof. Chillingly, the young girl who was raped and killed was also set on fire.
In Arizona, accused serial shooters Samuel John Dieteman and Dale S. Hausner allegedly shot nearly a dozen animals as well as 17 people during their 2-month-long killing spree in and around Phoenix. I believe that, as officials delve into their backgrounds, more cases of cruelty to animals will be unearthed, as they have been in virtually every serial killer case.
"There is not much of a leap between hurting poor defenseless animals to inflicting terror on vulnerable unsuspecting humans,"
-its funny how you try to tell me this like its news to me. It still does not change the fact that Vick killed dogs, and Stallworth killed a human-being...
Cassandra

United States

#519 Jul 6, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly
nothing is going to excuse Mikey and they simply can't MOVE ON.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/keep-michael...
Glasnos

Orlando, FL

#520 Jul 6, 2009
Nick College Student wrote:
<quoted text>
-its funny how you try to tell me this like its news to me. It still does not change the fact that Vick killed dogs, and Stallworth killed a human-being...
Stallworth was negligent. Negligence kills millions on our highways ... but only a few special cases of negligence results in jail.

Vick on the other hand has a sick mind. He deliberatly inflicts pain and kills for the fun of it. I would not abide living next door to Vick. He is pathological, and capable of horrendous acts.
I would not have a problem living next door to Stallworth, perhaps not as a friend or even good neighbor, but without fear. I don't think he ever intended to hurt anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donte Stallworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots working out Jabar Gaffney? (Jun '13) Jun '13 Rewind 1
News Tom Brady will have to adjust to new corps of r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News For Patriots, 13 seasons of few words and many ... (Jan '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News With Julian Edelman injured, Pats turn to Donte... (Dec '12) Dec '12 kevin 1
News New England Patriots re-sign Deion Branch (Dec '12) Dec '12 Bewitched 1
News New England Patriots release Deion Branch (Sep '12) Sep '12 Spyman 2
News An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
More from around the web