Column: Donte Stallworth's light sentence doesn't fit deadly crime

Full story: WBIR-TV 19
What price do you put on a human life? Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy certainly put the subject up for debate when he accepted a plea bargain between Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth and the family of the deceased Mario Reyes. Full Story
Linda

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jun 18, 2009
So here is his picture and now I know who he played with. whoopee!
Good thing I get head start.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/keep-michael...

Keep Michael Vick out of Professional Football!
Target:He committed horrible crimes against dogs / no profit from sports for him!!!
Sponsored by: Animal Lovers to Stop Vick from Ever Profiting from Football or Being a Role Model EVER AGIN!!
Michael Vick had it all. He had fame, glory, admiration and money beyond belieft. He chose to throw that all away for more (not needed) money and to conduct barbaric crimes against dogs. This alone should prevent him from every being in the limelight as a role model EVER AGAIN! Please sign this Petition -- Rumors are the Vikings and the 49'ers are taking a look at him. Please urge these teams (and any others) to reconsider!! Thank You!
Linda

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jun 18, 2009
The INTENT was completely different. Hundreds of canines killed on PURPOSE. A DUI where someone was killed by ACCIDENT.
And yes, I will put any dog over either of the men.
Jessica

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 18, 2009
Linda wrote:
Target:He committed horrible crimes against dogs / no profit from sports for him!!!
Sponsored by: Animal Lovers to Stop Vick from Ever Profiting from Football or Being a Role Model EVER AGIN!!
Michael Vick had it all. He had fame, glory, admiration and money beyond belieft. He chose to throw that all away for more (not needed) money and to conduct barbaric crimes against dogs. This alone should prevent him from every being in the limelight as a role model EVER AGAIN! Please sign this Petition -- Rumors are the Vikings and the 49'ers are taking a look at him. Please urge these teams (and any others) to reconsider!! Thank You!
Thanks Linda
Jessica

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jun 18, 2009
let's see how many times they compare this in the next week and ask the same question. Same answer,Vick deserved MORE time and he deserves to be BANNED.
Debbie

United States

#6 Jun 18, 2009
looks like a thug too
Deano

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2009
Huh?
Amazed

Hollywood, FL

#12 Jun 19, 2009
Linda wrote:
Yeah right! Good luck. Did this case teach you nothing. Money makes the wolrd go 'round. If Vick has an ounce of talent left, then he will be in the NFL
Doglover

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jun 19, 2009
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right! Good luck. Did this case teach you nothing. Money makes the wolrd go 'round. If Vick has an ounce of talent left, then he will be in the NFL
Maybe,maybe not. I hope they break his neck the first game if he is. I don't think any reinstatement will last very long. Vick was never a team player. He was always out for himself.
I did read up on the Stallworth case. Seems he hit a pedestrian who stepped off the curb after blowing his horn trying to want him he could not stop. Sounds like his INTENT was not to kill anyone who committed suicide by jaywalking on a busy street
White Bich

Austin, TX

#16 Jun 19, 2009
Debbie from USA,do you know how many Debbie's there are in the world?
Reality

Cumming, GA

#17 Jun 19, 2009
Linda wrote:
Stop being vendictive. It won't work. Ask God to forgive you for your inability to forgive Michael. Michael is moving on with his life. Its time for you and others to move on with their lives.
Reality

Cumming, GA

#18 Jun 19, 2009
Doglover wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe,maybe not. I hope they break his neck the first game if he is. I don't think any reinstatement will last very long. Vick was never a team player. He was always out for himself.
I did read up on the Stallworth case. Seems he hit a pedestrian who stepped off the curb after blowing his horn trying to want him he could not stop. Sounds like his INTENT was not to kill anyone who committed suicide by jaywalking on a busy street
The things we wish for others often come back to haunt us. Be careful what you wish for.
Danny

United States

#19 Jun 19, 2009
Doglover wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe,maybe not. I hope they break his neck the first game if he is. I don't think any reinstatement will last very long. Vick was never a team player. He was always out for himself.
I read that about Stallworth on another thread. Of course many of the same comments here, But it sure sheds a different light when you know the guy stepped off the curb. People get killed daily where I live the same way. It just happened to BE Stallworth. And I truely don't have an opinion about him. Vick however can ROT
DOWHATITDO2U2

Byron Center, MI

#21 Jun 19, 2009
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being vendictive. It won't work. Ask God to forgive you for your inability to forgive Michael. Michael is moving on with his life. Its time for you and others to move on with their lives.
I agree. My sentiments exactly. She really needs to ask God to soften her soul.
Danny

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 Jun 19, 2009
J Dee wrote:
<quoted text>Dont you think if he was sobber he could have reacted better,booze slows your reflexes especially when youre drunk.It doesnt matter if he intended to or not he didnt have any concerns about the outcome before he drove drunk.Dont you think he knows driving drunk is dangerous for him and inocent pedestrians, yea he knows he didnt care he did what he wanted to do, broke the law driving drunk and ran over somebody because he was to drunk to react fast enough or to drunk to stop.
Do you live in the city? Jaywalker get hit and killed everyday. If you are stupid enough to think you are faster than a car, you will die. I am sure the fact that he was drunk didn't help him and I don't drink either. I'm just saying I see these things on the news all the time. In certain parts of the city there are people usually in dark clothing that dart out in front of cars,/this guy stepped off the curb. Sounds like he better hit some AA meetings. Next offense 5 years.
Trudy

United States

#26 Jun 19, 2009
Jessica wrote:
let's see how many times they compare this in the next week and ask the same question. Same answer,Vick deserved MORE time and he deserves to be BANNED.
that's the correct attitude
More sick stuff

Stilwell, KS

#29 Jun 20, 2009
Trudy wrote:
<quoted text>that's the correct attitude
Walking out in front of traffic doesn't matter it IT LIGHT or not
one month ago

Stilwell, KS

#31 Jun 20, 2009
The pedestrian stepped off the curb. I live in the city too. People are hit everyday from stepping off curbs and jaywalking. It is as much his fault as Stallworths and I don't give a flying Fart about Stallworth trust me. He and Vick can both fall off the face of the earth with most of the NFL.
one more time

Stilwell, KS

#32 Jun 20, 2009
The other reason the legal system let him off was because the poor guy was a Hispanic construction worker. They are experiencing REAL racism these days.
one more time

United States

#34 Jun 20, 2009
Hispanic beaners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donte Stallworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New England Patriots working out Jabar Gaffney? (Jun '13) Jun '13 Rewind 1
Tom Brady will have to adjust to new corps of r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
For Patriots, 13 seasons of few words and many ... (Jan '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 4
With Julian Edelman injured, Pats turn to Donte... (Dec '12) Dec '12 kevin 1
New England Patriots re-sign Deion Branch (Dec '12) Dec '12 Bewitched 1
New England Patriots release Deion Branch (Sep '12) Sep '12 Spyman 2
An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
More from around the web