Irvin: Vick deserves another shot at NFL

Irvin: Vick deserves another shot at NFL

There are 9 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jul 21, 2009, titled Irvin: Vick deserves another shot at NFL. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Now that Michael Vick has finished a 23-month federal sentence for dogfighting, he shouldn't have to wait too much longer to return to the NFL, Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

LC Today

AOL

#1 Jul 21, 2009
My response to Irvin is not only NO, but Hell NO! Vick is scum and needs to continue working any job except in the NFL. It gives the organization a really bad and stinky reputation to have people like Vick as members.

Besides Irvin, Vick was a mediocre football player just like you, and those no team needs.

Takes one to know one, right Irvin?
Linda

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2009
LC Today wrote:
My response to Irvin is not only NO, but Hell NO! Vick is scum and needs to continue working any job except in the NFL. It gives the organization a really bad and stinky reputation to have people like Vick as members.
Besides Irvin, Vick was a mediocre football player just like you, and those no team needs.
Takes one to know one, right Irvin?
Me too
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/end-michael-...
URdumb

United States

#3 Jul 21, 2009
Me three

http://beat_ur_dog.com/1/use-a _pimpstick
Mark

South Bend, IN

#4 Jul 21, 2009
URdumb wrote:
Me three
http://beat_ur_dog.com/1/use-a _pimpstick
LOL
Matthew Williams

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Jul 21, 2009
Both of those men knew that being suspended from the NFL was a possibility due to their actions. They have made their beds and now they must sleep in them. If the NFL really wants to keep this stuff from happening again and tainting their reputation, their best bet is to stand firm and keep them suspended indefinitely. As far as Vick is concerned, he should be forced to shovel dog s**t from Humane Societies for the rest of his life.
Donal

Dearborn, MI

#6 Jul 22, 2009
Letís remember that Vick lied to Roger Goodell and to Arthur Blank when initially questioned about his involvement with the dog fights and illegal gambling. This is not something that Goodell will easily nor quickly forgive. I believe that Vick rightfully faces an indefinite suspension. Perhaps you Vick- lovers can watch him play in the new UFL.
Tammy

Dearborn, MI

#7 Jul 22, 2009
Matthew Williams wrote:
Both of those men knew that being suspended from the NFL was a possibility due to their actions. They have made their beds and now they must sleep in them. If the NFL really wants to keep this stuff from happening again and tainting their reputation, their best bet is to stand firm and keep them suspended indefinitely. As far as Vick is concerned, he should be forced to shovel dog s**t from Humane Societies for the rest of his life.
Look
http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2007/...
Rachael

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2009
Tammy wrote:
ditto
Donal

UK

#9 Jul 22, 2009
I am a secrete Vick fan and a dog lover. It can be confusing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donte Stallworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brady, Pats unstoppable (Jan '08) May '15 tom wingo 855
News New England Patriots working out Jabar Gaffney? (Jun '13) Jun '13 Rewind 1
News Tom Brady will have to adjust to new corps of r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News For Patriots, 13 seasons of few words and many ... (Jan '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News With Julian Edelman injured, Pats turn to Donte... (Dec '12) Dec '12 kevin 1
News New England Patriots re-sign Deion Branch (Dec '12) Dec '12 Bewitched 1
News New England Patriots release Deion Branch (Sep '12) Sep '12 Spyman 2
More from around the web