Dolphins release Donovin Darius

Dolphins release Donovin Darius

There are 32 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Dolphins release Donovin Darius. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Dolphins released veteran safety Donovin Darius and placed backup defensive tackle Chase Page on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
American warewolf

Schaumburg, IL

#23 Oct 17, 2007
lets see who can play the position. Do we need to cut allen? Let him play and see. What about Ginn, same thing. Lets get beck in there. Lemon can stay or go, but I want to know if our first pick next year should be a QB. Some good ones coming out.

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale

#24 Oct 17, 2007
Ken in San Diego wrote:
Shallow, press-release reporting.
A real reporter would ask the question, "Why?"
A nobody gets released, honestly, who gives a shh it why.

Why did Darius get released? Who cares
Why was Chase Page put on IR? He got hurt

What the hell you want reported?
Westcoastphinfan

Sherman Oaks, CA

#25 Oct 17, 2007
You don't shoot yourself in the eye because your jaw hurts. You fix the jaw. It is the defense and special teams that need the rebuilding.
Teach the defense and special teams how to tackle! We need a major improvement in our pass defense so what do they do? They trade Darius away, a hard hitting safety. This does not make sense. I love the Dolphins, always have, always will, but we need to stop acting dumb with acquisitions, trades, and cuts.
Dolfan in NY

Painted Post, NY

#26 Oct 17, 2007
I'm a bit puzzled by Darius' being cut. The guy is a big hitter and sure tackler - two qualities lacking on the Dolphins "D" in general.
marinofan13

United States

#27 Oct 17, 2007
If he got released in order to tank the season, he didn't need to be released to achieve as much. Hell, why was he even signed to begin with? Why was Lamont Thompson signed along with Darius? "OPEN COMPETITION" for the safety position? Now they are both gone. I think Cam has a fancy for Cam Worrell... what's in a name, right? LOSER
Herm Edwards

AOL

#28 Oct 17, 2007
Dolfan in NY wrote:
I'm a bit puzzled by Darius' being cut. The guy is a big hitter and sure tackler - two qualities lacking on the Dolphins "D" in general.
You play to win the game!!!(or get the number 1 pick)
7723comment

Pompano Beach, FL

#29 Oct 17, 2007
cam wrote:
We have two open spots do I see Ricky that might be him.
so far ronnie brown has solve the rb issue. let the rookie qb start now sense the season is OVER.
weed

Snyder, TX

#30 Oct 17, 2007
Worrell or Bryan? Why either of these guys were kept instead of Darius is the mystery to me. Has anyone even seen Bryan on the field yet? He came from NM State (the Dolphins of the college ranks) and could'nt cover anyone there either.
Dolfan

Boca Raton, FL

#32 Oct 17, 2007
great we made an already crappy secondary even worse if they got rid of anyone it should definitely have been will allen he has got to be the worst starting secondary ive ever seen the dolphins have
fins

Minot, ND

#33 Oct 17, 2007
way to go this guy is not the future now lets keep cleaning house for younger talent and fill in when we start winning every year like the pats have done
John

Pompano Beach, FL

#34 Oct 18, 2007
How long does anyone think it will take Tom Brady to find Jason Allen in the secondary and exploit the situation?
Huh

United States

#36 Oct 19, 2007
andrew wrote:
way to go phins front office. signing a guy and releasing him in a couple weeks.
you guys are a class act.
Hey, why dont we put ted ginn's uncle at safety?
If you actually follow the NFL you will know guy get released on a daily basis, most of them only last a few days until the injured player(s) comes back. But you would rather make stupid jokes that got old 6 months ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donovin Darius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Jags' Safety Donovin Darius Retires from... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
News John Henderson: Training Camp Body in Oakland o... (Jun '10) Jun '10 LOL 2
News Fins Try to Impress Supporters, Beat Cowboys (Sep '07) Sep '07 RTiger 2
News Safety gives a sense of security -- OrlandoSent... (Aug '07) Aug '07 khlaquack 2
News Sports - Jaguars Center Brad Meester Out 8-10 W... (Jul '07) Jul '07 happy camper 1
News Sports - Donovin Darius Signs With Oakland Raiders (Jul '07) Jul '07 TexasRaider 9
News Raiders Sign Safety Donovan Darius (Jul '07) Jul '07 dario madrigal 2