Dolphins release Donovin Darius

Dolphins release Donovin Darius

There are 32 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Dolphins release Donovin Darius. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Dolphins released veteran safety Donovin Darius and placed backup defensive tackle Chase Page on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cam

Miami, FL

#1 Oct 17, 2007
We have two open spots do I see Ricky that might be him.
THE UGLY TRUTH

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Oct 17, 2007
It should be a beginning trend. W. Allen, T. Daniels, A. Goodman, Lehan, Worrel, and J. Allen should all be next. It's going to be a long rebuilding process. It's take to put those paper bags over our heads.
John

AOL

#3 Oct 17, 2007
This team is years away from being a competive team
Mikki

Miami, FL

#4 Oct 17, 2007
cam wrote:
We have two open spots do I see Ricky that might be him.
Please, would it be possible to find a young athlete who actually wants to play for the love of the game, and who could possibly set a positive role model example for the youth of today? Why keep recycling the same negative , has-beens and expect to keep a franchise alive and the fans (customers) interested? If the team needs to rebuild why not take the opportunity to rebuild a mindset and stand for something decent for a change.
Melbourne Bob

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2007
I thought he was pretty good when in there. Certainly better than Camoron Worrel. Surprised they released him. There must be more to the story
Dave

Hallandale, FL

#6 Oct 17, 2007
The Dolphins D would make me sick too. It's infectiously bad.
Theres always next season

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Oct 17, 2007
Thats kinda odd....we're gunna here more about this.
Bam

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Oct 17, 2007
He led the team in tackles during the raiders game, played with the flu and still had 3 tackles until he basically passed out, and he's released? makes sense
F U ALL

Keene, NH

#9 Oct 17, 2007
Melbourne Bob wrote:
I thought he was pretty good when in there. Certainly better than Camoron Worrel. Surprised they released him. There must be more to the story
I agree he has to have baggage or be damaged goods. Unless they just want to plug Allen in and see what he can do or not do. This is a real mystery.
andrew

Miami, FL

#10 Oct 17, 2007
way to go phins front office. signing a guy and releasing him in a couple weeks.

you guys are a class act.

Hey, why dont we put ted ginn's uncle at safety?
David

Hallandale, FL

#11 Oct 17, 2007
The Dolphins should release their whole team, refund ticket money to the people silly enough to have bought them in the first place, shut down the stadium, and try again next year.
Richie

Cornelia, GA

#12 Oct 17, 2007
I can understand the Chambers trade. But the way our secondary is why just unload Darius. I agree must be more to this story.
Big Blue

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Oct 17, 2007
I would like to know why did the cut Donovan Darius. He appears to be a productive player, but i do understand that I am not in the film room. My other concern is Theo Lemon. This young man throw some really nice balls. He did well in camp, but all is written is about the future. Why not give this young man to be the future. It should be his job to lose, and not holding it for someone else. If you watched he threw some excellant passes down the field. Let's open our eyes and not be blinded by so called potential.
GO DOLPHINS
Another Bum

Hollywood, FL

#14 Oct 17, 2007
Darius, another goldbricking bum that came to Miami to steal money.
ezfish21

AOL

#15 Oct 17, 2007
Ok, we traded chambers for a 2nd round pick. Put Page on the IR. Cut Darius. Who have the signed?
tyler

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Oct 17, 2007
i wish the dolphins would release or trade me from their fan base
C Moore Butt

AOL

#18 Oct 17, 2007
Who was Donovan Darius ?
Ray

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Oct 17, 2007
Big Blue wrote:
I would like to know why did the cut Donovan Darius. He appears to be a productive player, but i do understand that I am not in the film room. My other concern is Theo Lemon. This young man throw some really nice balls. He did well in camp, but all is written is about the future. Why not give this young man to be the future. It should be his job to lose, and not holding it for someone else. If you watched he threw some excellant passes down the field. Let's open our eyes and not be blinded by so called potential.
GO DOLPHINS
He throws some nice balls over everybodies head. Cleo cannot throw the deep ball with any accuracy. That is why John Beck is THE FUTURE!!!!!! If you don't believe that check out John Beck on Youtube.

“Left Coast Fin Fan”

Since: Dec 06

San Diego, Calif.

#20 Oct 17, 2007
Shallow, press-release reporting.

A real reporter would ask the question, "Why?"
dfjldldf

United States

#22 Oct 17, 2007
lol good one
andrew wrote:
way to go phins front office. signing a guy and releasing him in a couple weeks.
you guys are a class act.
Hey, why dont we put ted ginn's uncle at safety?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donovin Darius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Jags' Safety Donovin Darius Retires from... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
News John Henderson: Training Camp Body in Oakland o... (Jun '10) Jun '10 LOL 2
News Fins Try to Impress Supporters, Beat Cowboys (Sep '07) Sep '07 RTiger 2
News Safety gives a sense of security -- OrlandoSent... (Aug '07) Aug '07 khlaquack 2
News Sports - Jaguars Center Brad Meester Out 8-10 W... (Jul '07) Jul '07 happy camper 1
News Sports - Donovin Darius Signs With Oakland Raiders (Jul '07) Jul '07 TexasRaider 9
News Raiders Sign Safety Donovan Darius (Jul '07) Jul '07 dario madrigal 2