Dolphins don't match Rams' offer for ...

Dolphins don't match Rams' offer for punter Jones

There are 66 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 18, 2007, titled Dolphins don't match Rams' offer for punter Jones. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

As expected, the Dolphins decided not to match the offer sheet signed by punter Donnie Jones with the St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rodney

Miami, FL

#1 Apr 18, 2007
Adios punter. Hey Carl Peterson, now you have your choice of 7th round picks. Which will it be?
j wheeler

Syracuse, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2007
Now we can get Green with the extra 7th round pick.
seriously WTF

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2007
Oh, Booo Hoooo!! WHO CARES!!! We don't plan on punting, we plan on scoring!!! jk lol Punters are a dime a dozen!

Since: Mar 07

Gainesville, GA

#4 Apr 18, 2007
10 picks now, thats good, too bad Wilkerson refused to show up for the broncos, then Fins would have 11. I hope we find s good punter though, cause he might be a busy guy!
Chris

Round Rock, TX

#5 Apr 18, 2007
I say we can find a punter any time. Bring in Turk. As far as Carl Peterson. I would make him sweet and not give him anything if he is going to play this game with a 37 year old QB.
j wheeler

Syracuse, NY

#6 Apr 18, 2007
Get Green with a late round pick. Use your first round pick for either Quinn or O/linemen.
DLFN-FAN

Highland, MI

#7 Apr 18, 2007
He sucked. We can pick one up as a free agent.
phintim

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Apr 18, 2007
Having 10 picks not only will allow us to add youth to our football team, but it also will give us a great deal of flexibility over the course of the draft."
Mueller keeps indicating that the draft is the answer to all these holes he is creating. He had better be right not just for his sake but for the Dol fans who will suffer the next few years if he is wrong. Donnie is young, decent and fits the current Dolphin team player profile. This choice will be a waste if we turn around and spend any pick on another punter in the draft. Lets count the holes right now punter 1, QB 2, DE 2, OL 2, TE 1, RB 1, CB or S
1, WR 1, KR 1. Too many holes and not enough picks unless he trades back in the draft. If he trades up in this years draft and gives away multible picks or give picks in the draft for Green we are in bad shape.
dolphinpodp

Enfield, CT

#9 Apr 18, 2007
The best punter ever is....I dont know either! Whats that tell ya? Besides if you NEED a great punter you must not be very good.
Nick Shaven

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Apr 18, 2007
Sorry to see you go Donny. I guess me and your wife. mrs. Jones no longer have a thang going on. St. Louis is to far And my car is your car. So tell Randy McMicheal hello & Good luck Ya'll gonna need it cuz The Rams Suck chocolate salty balls!!
RALPHYBOY

Houston, TX

#11 Apr 18, 2007
The RAMS are SUCKERS to pay that kind of coin for a average punter...or any punter for that matter!!!!

Scott linehan is smokin crack!!!!
allison

New Orleans, LA

#12 Apr 18, 2007
DOLPHINS!!!!!!SUCK!!!!!!
JP Correia

Fall River, MA

#13 Apr 18, 2007
I don't know about the phins doing this...yeah they have 10 picks in the draft, woohoo. Cam is goiing way over-baord, i thought that they were goign for the big one this year, not rebuilding. O well i like it. And how about the Rams gettin yet another Phin's player
phintim

Fort Myers, FL

#14 Apr 18, 2007
dolphinpodp wrote:
The best punter ever is....I dont know either! Whats that tell ya? Besides if you NEED a great punter you must not be very good.
Look at it the other way around what does a bad punter do to a team. Well ask those Dolphins who played when Mark Royals was punting for us and they sure were not happy campers. Well we are about to see real quick with the draft and 2nd round of free agency coming up if Muellers is on the right path. If not this season will be a joke. Highlights for America's funniest videos.
JIMBO

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2007
SO LETS GET THIS RIGHT HE WANTS TO GET A STARTING QB, LT, 3RD WR, PUNTER , BACK UP TE, NICKEL BACK ALL FROM ONE DRAFT . GOOD LUCK RANDY IT WILL TAKE A MIRACLE FOR YOU TO FILL ALL THOSE HOLES FROM THE DRAFT.
bronxboys

Great Neck, NY

#17 Apr 18, 2007
To bad Roby died...sorry,that's not cool.
He was insane,his punts were like a sonic boom!
GO FINS!!!
Bobbi Nockow

Wellford, SC

#18 Apr 18, 2007
Randy:
what about looking for a punter in Free Agenccy like bring back Matt Turk until we can find another punter or sign Turk as a Free Agent since we couldn't match the offer sheet from the rams Turk was an average punter until we got Donnie I don't trust the punter from the Cowboys is there one in the draft which we can pick up?
What is the latesst talks with KC about a deal for Trent Green since Daunte Culpepper doesn't have clearence until another 2 months to take part in mini camps, and QB School? Make a deal with KC right before the draft or by the end of this week so Dolfans can start chanting the Miami Dolphins song in the stands again at home games and get a QB with 20,000 + passing yards again in "Trent Green" is like Marino with a good arm it wont take Trent that long to learn the system that Cam Cameron is installing in Miami he and Cameron were with Redskins togher and Terry Shea and Trent Green have been together for 5 years in KC@
Painkiller Jeff

Tucson, AZ

#19 Apr 18, 2007
dolphinpodp wrote:
Ray Guy.#1 pick, in fact. Read up on him!

Punting is about field position, after all...
Greg

Miami, FL

#20 Apr 18, 2007
Got that right Jimbo...Good post
JIMBO wrote:
SO LETS GET THIS RIGHT HE WANTS TO GET A STARTING QB, LT, 3RD WR, PUNTER , BACK UP TE, NICKEL BACK ALL FROM ONE DRAFT . GOOD LUCK RANDY IT WILL TAKE A MIRACLE FOR YOU TO FILL ALL THOSE HOLES FROM THE DRAFT.
Newcombe

United States

#21 Apr 18, 2007
Fantastic! Getting ANY draft pick for a punter is like stealing! Punters are a dime a dozen...Now if we can only get something for Culpepper... mmmm..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donnie Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houst... (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 5
News NFL Pro Bowl Voting: Chris Long Deserves Your Vote (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony Romo 1
News NFL: Grant jumps into Rams' all-OSU linebacker ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Random 29
News Bob Sansevere: Two things with Minnesota Viking... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Justin Sider 1
News Penaltygate? Rams send tape to NFL over non-cal... (Nov '08) Nov '08 RHETMAN 2
News Green checks out OK, considers Rams' offer (Mar '08) Mar '08 oscar herrera 1
News Unsigned players will practice (Apr '07) Feb '08 42540bbc 10
More from around the web