Miami Dolphins searching for a holder to work with Jay Feely

Dolphins Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino was kidnapped by a deranged field goal kicker in the comedy classic Ace Ventura: Pet Detective because he held the football for his kicks with the laces pointing in, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dolfan

Louisville, KY

#1 Jun 18, 2007
geeeee.....maybe we should have kept Donnie Jones. Wasn't he the first person gone?, and now we need him back. Next week Cameron will be looking for a tightend who can make plays, good thing we have Randy McM....oh wait, nevermind. Oh well, at least Green will have decent blocking protection on the left, because McIntosh was doing well, w/ Carey on the left side. Man, I would hate to see Carey play LT again when he was horrible over there....OOOPS
francko

AOL

#2 Jun 19, 2007
tempus fugit
GeeMoney

North Port, FL

#3 Jun 19, 2007
dolfan wrote:
geeeee.....maybe we should have kept Donnie Jones. Wasn't he the first person gone?, and now we need him back. Next week Cameron will be looking for a tightend who can make plays, good thing we have Randy McM....oh wait, nevermind. Oh well, at least Green will have decent blocking protection on the left, because McIntosh was doing well, w/ Carey on the left side. Man, I would hate to see Carey play LT again when he was horrible over there....OOOPS
Wow ... what a wonderfully positive comment to start the ball rolling !!!

Brilliant on your part though .... you'd sure rather have an inferior punter, just so you could have a holder that's worked the position before. NOT !!

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you to just read the article and then go to the next article, etc. without commenting, seeing as how you really didn't have anything worthwhile to add ??
Football Hermit

Ocala, FL

#4 Jun 19, 2007
I've never seen so much negativity toward the team from it's fans. And the new coach and HIS players haven't even played a down.

This franchise has taken some major hits from bad coaching and bad decisions by the owner. But we seem to have a good set-up now with a new coach and a strong GM. Let them do their thing. They deserve the same support that any other Dolphins coach of the past has gotten. It just seems like some Dolphin fans have turned turncoat on the team.

They THINK THEY KNOW. There is a laugh!

Go root for another team boil heads!
Billy Bob

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Jun 19, 2007
Place kicking looks easy (when they split
the goal posts). But as we have just read
it is not.
Who held for Garo?
Ex Post Facto

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2007
Billy Bob wrote:
Place kicking looks easy (when they split
the goal posts). But as we have just read
it is not.
Who held for Garo?
In Miami, it was Earl Morrall
Ace

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Jun 19, 2007
With so many open questions on the dolphins squad, all you can muster is an article on the holder... groan....
the goon

AOL

#8 Jun 19, 2007
hold this!!!
odds maker

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jun 19, 2007
2007--last place in the league,sorry!
Native

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 Jun 19, 2007
I am so excired this morning it is a whole New Day! I woke up this morning did my usuall thing looking at the internet, and low and behold, no story this morning about the irrelevant Quarterback!!!

The holder for the field goal will prove to be very important this year with Ted Ginn Jr. opening up the field for us, According to our checkered past this could be our best scoring chance!
ocala howie

Altamonte Springs, FL

#11 Jun 19, 2007
sounds like a good job for garbin harbin. to be we dont need a 4th QB on the team.
Culpepper

Reading, PA

#12 Jun 19, 2007
I'll hold the ball, just give me a chance!!
Dismayed

AOL

#13 Jun 19, 2007
Ex Post Facto wrote:
<quoted text>In Miami, it was Earl Morrall
Before Morrall was acquired in '72 it was #89 WR Karl Noonan
timmy_fin_fan

Pawcatuck, CT

#14 Jun 19, 2007
Maybe give the job to Ginn; if the the hold is botched he could run it in.
Ramsterone

Wimauma, FL

#15 Jun 19, 2007
That's true Duh'ta is good at holding the ball,and holding it ,and holding it.But he's just not smart enough even for this job.He would keep the ball because it's all about Duh'ta,get up try to run and fumble.
DannyBoy

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Jun 19, 2007
""Ideally, when you go into training camp you want to know exactly what you're doing and don't want to be thinking about it."

OK, Cam is related to George W. Bush.
fishfaninc

Edison, NJ

#17 Jun 19, 2007
dolfan wrote:
geeeee.....maybe we should have kept Donnie Jones. Wasn't he the first person gone?, and now we need him back. Next week Cameron will be looking for a tightend who can make plays, good thing we have Randy McM....oh wait, nevermind. Oh well, at least Green will have decent blocking protection on the left, because McIntosh was doing well, w/ Carey on the left side. Man, I would hate to see Carey play LT again when he was horrible over there....OOOPS
Are you joking? Do you even watch the games? You dont think a team that picks ninth in the draft is in need of some changes??
Randy Mcmichael was good when he felt like being good. Good one game, then MIA for the next three. True he has a ton of talent, but he didnt always bring it. Same goes for Chambers.
As far as MacIntosh goes. As bad as the line has been for the last few years, who cares if they bring anyone from that group back.
y-not

Cumming, GA

#18 Jun 19, 2007
Football Hermit wrote:
I've never seen so much negativity toward the team from it's fans. And the new coach and HIS players haven't even played a down.
This franchise has taken some major hits from bad coaching and bad decisions by the owner. But we seem to have a good set-up now with a new coach and a strong GM. Let them do their thing. They deserve the same support that any other Dolphins coach of the past has gotten. It just seems like some Dolphin fans have turned turncoat on the team.
They THINK THEY KNOW. There is a laugh!
Go root for another team boil heads!
I agree with you 100%.

The other funny thing is people will complain if there are no columns to read and some are complaining about this column being boring. WTF - every story can't be a bombshell. Try supporting the team and the coach and stop whining about everything!
y-not

Cumming, GA

#19 Jun 19, 2007
I cant believe .W.T.F. got beeped.
Bob

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 Jun 19, 2007
I think a story on Dan Mariono's ball sack would have been more interesting than this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donnie Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houst... (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 5
NFL Pro Bowl Voting: Chris Long Deserves Your Vote (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony Romo 1
NFL: Grant jumps into Rams' all-OSU linebacker ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Random 29
Bob Sansevere: Two things with Minnesota Viking... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Justin Sider 1
Penaltygate? Rams send tape to NFL over non-cal... (Nov '08) Nov '08 RHETMAN 2
Green checks out OK, considers Rams' offer (Mar '08) Mar '08 oscar herrera 1
Unsigned players will practice (Apr '07) Feb '08 42540bbc 10
More from around the web