Dolphins' Donnie Jones agrees to sign...

Dolphins' Donnie Jones agrees to sign offer sheet with Rams

There are 46 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 12, 2007, titled Dolphins' Donnie Jones agrees to sign offer sheet with Rams. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

It appears the Dolphins will head into the 2007 season without punter Donnie Jones, who agreed to sign an offer sheet by the St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
DannyBoy

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Apr 12, 2007
Great...no punter now. I really hope this guy has a plan.
Paul K

Trenton, NJ

#2 Apr 12, 2007
Drew Rosenhaus is a a-hole...

Dj is a good punter, but he is a PUNTER! Let him go, draft another with his 7th rounder from the Rams and save some $$$.
supet

Westerville, OH

#3 Apr 12, 2007
i want to comment on the new poll. i can't answer that question. trade up for russell or quinn? russell yes. quinn no. a better question might be... would you pass on brady quinn?
supet

Westerville, OH

#4 Apr 12, 2007
i want to comment on the new poll. trade up for russell or brady? i can't answer that question. russell yes. quinn no. a better question might be... would you pass on brady quinn
supet

Westerville, OH

#5 Apr 12, 2007
i want to comment on the new poll. trade up for russell or brady? i can't answer that question. russell yes. quinn no. a better question might have been... would you pass on brady quinn?
NY Phins Fan

New York, NY

#6 Apr 12, 2007
this is not good; this guy is very good. if any team has done a good job snagging our players, it's the rams...
randy

Mankato, MN

#7 Apr 12, 2007
anytime you can get an extra draft pick for an average punter...why not? It sure does look more and more like the fins are trying to stockpile picks...now, the question is for what? either way...it gives them flexibility during the draft. you can bundle picks to get higher in the draft or give ground to accumulate bodies. Can you imagine bundling a few picks to move up and get Joe Thomas? That's who the dolphins really need.
yahuranidiot

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Apr 12, 2007
supet wrote:
i want to comment on the new poll. trade up for russell or brady? i can't answer that question. russell yes. quinn no. a better question might have been... would you pass on brady quinn?
id trade up for either with a chance...and no i wouldnt pass on quinn just because hes a very accurate passer...
JAMES

Miami, FL

#9 Apr 12, 2007
EXCELLENT !
phintim

Cape Coral, FL

#10 Apr 12, 2007
Ryan Flinn will look good in a Dolphins uniform next year along with anybody else we can pick up off the streets. Zack and Taylor are going to get beat up this year trying to carry all the youngsters on their backs. Dolphins will be real lucky if those two are not on IR by the end of the year. I really think they should consider trading them now while we can get something and just go with all new blood. I know Wayne is worried about selling tickets but keeping Zack and Taylor will not be enough to sell the tickets.
Dan

Mobile, AL

#11 Apr 12, 2007
ITS A 7th ROUND PICK. WHOOOPTI DOOO. Anyone remember the Mark Royal Days??? If Mark Royals taught us anything than it is to keep Donnie Jones.
RALPHYBOY

Houston, TX

#12 Apr 12, 2007
Punters don't score points...so let him go!!!
He is not worth more than a few hundred grand anyways!!!!
DREW ROSENHAUS IS SMOKIN SOME GOOD CRACK LATELY!!!
Probably gets it from T.O.!!!!!!

JETS SUCK...BRADY IS GAY!!!
depressed dolfan

Dayton, OH

#13 Apr 12, 2007
i think we should match. are the rams that stupid. if there were jerk punters laying around everywhere, then they would just go sign one. if they are willing to give up a 7th round pick, they must feel he is worth more than that.

Yeah he had an average year last year, but he almost made the pro bowl in 05. he's real good at placing the balls in the 20. and by the looks of our offense, i think we are going to need a good punter.

dumb ass wandstedt fired Westoff. Our special teams have sucked ever since.
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#14 Apr 12, 2007
who cares? hes only a punter. if the new kid whoever it may be can average 35 or more yards than a 7th round is a good deal. how many good players have come out of the 7th round? allot more than some mediocre punter!
phintim

Cape Coral, FL

#15 Apr 12, 2007
Shula stood pat and picked up Dan Marinio when he slid to 22nd pick 1st round, Dwight Stephenson center 2nd round, Jason Taylor slid to the 3rd round, Zack Thomas to slid to the 5th round, Richmond Webb was a 9th pick 1st round pick, Sims guard 2nd round, Patrick Surtain 2nd round, Sam Madison 2nd round, Darell Gardener slid to the 16th pick 1st round, John Oferdall 2nd round and Chris Chambers 2nd round. All theses players plus a few I missed were Dolphin picks and were named all Pro. Most were 2nd rounders too! Look at the history unless a great one slides down trade down! There are at this point maybe 3 players that might be great in this draft.
nappyheadedho

United States

#16 Apr 12, 2007
no big deal,let's get Brady Quinn the only good quarterback in the draft !!!!
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#17 Apr 12, 2007
I say just get some soccer player from MLS and we wont even have to waste a pick?
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#18 Apr 12, 2007
two more weeks and then we will have a better insight on what cam & randy have in store for us. till then whoever goes, goes. we sure werent winning with them anyway.
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#19 Apr 12, 2007
ocala howie wrote:
I say just get some soccer player from MLS and we wont even have to waste a pick?
or one of those austrailian rules football guys. when they are running along and just decide to punt the ball and then the ref does his arms like that. thats the funniest thing ive ever seen.
B Boucher

United States

#20 Apr 12, 2007
Put me in coach..I can do it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Donnie Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson Wentz, Jay Cutler headline joint practic... Aug '17 Pants phartzs 4
News Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houst... (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 5
News NFL Pro Bowl Voting: Chris Long Deserves Your Vote (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony Romo 1
News NFL: Grant jumps into Rams' all-OSU linebacker ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Random 29
News Bob Sansevere: Two things with Minnesota Viking... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Justin Sider 1
News Penaltygate? Rams send tape to NFL over non-cal... (Nov '08) Nov '08 RHETMAN 2
News Green checks out OK, considers Rams' offer (Mar '08) Mar '08 oscar herrera 1
More from around the web