Green Bay Packers now 3-2 after loss to Washington Redskins, 13-16

Oct 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FOX6Now.com - WITI

The Green Bay Packers kept piling up the yards but couldn't score. The Washington Redskins were left with a surmountable deficit, which they overcame to win yet another game that came down to the last play.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
iloveja

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 10, 2010
 
sooooo other QBs from green bay can through a pick at the end of a big game and it wasn't #4. # 12 will be another #7(majik man in the near future)did not earn his job it was a teddy treat.Family has had season tickets since 1932. Gooooooo # 4. much respect.

“Get over it”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 10, 2010
 
iloveja wrote:
sooooo other QBs from green bay can through a pick at the end of a big game and it wasn't #4.# 12 will be another #7(majik man in the near future)did not earn his job it was a teddy treat.Family has had season tickets since 1932. Gooooooo # 4. much respect.
what a stupid post. All quarterbacks throw picks at the end. Brett just like to throw them more. Aaron will be just fine, no one is perfect....You must be perfect at your job too then......
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 10, 2010
 
iloveja wrote:
sooooo other QBs from green bay can through a pick at the end of a big game and it wasn't #4.# 12 will be another #7(majik man in the near future)did not earn his job it was a teddy treat.Family has had season tickets since 1932. Gooooooo # 4. much respect.
Another waste of season tickets. sigh
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 10, 2010
 
We're can't finish people off when we get the chance. I put a lot of that on McCarthy. We need abandoned the run game way too early, and we didn't have it when we needed it at the end as a result.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 10, 2010
 
Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
Another waste of season tickets. sigh
Danger your comment is a knee jerk reaction to a loss. Played well I thought-Bears are not a factor. You guys will be fine.
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 10, 2010
 
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Danger your comment is a knee jerk reaction to a loss. Played well I thought-Bears are not a factor. You guys will be fine.
I hope you're right. I wish I had your confidence. We're decimated with injuries, although our backups actually performed pretty well. McCarthy is more offensive than offensive minded.

We actually had the start of a decent running game going, and we pitched it to the wind! You can't put together a good season by letting these kinds of teams get one on you. We're just not taking care of business.

I appreciate the kindness from a Vikings fan after a Packer loss, though. Very classy.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 11, 2010
 
Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're right. I wish I had your confidence. We're decimated with injuries, although our backups actually performed pretty well. McCarthy is more offensive than offensive minded.
We actually had the start of a decent running game going, and we pitched it to the wind! You can't put together a good season by letting these kinds of teams get one on you. We're just not taking care of business.
I appreciate the kindness from a Vikings fan after a Packer loss, though. Very classy.
There were some bullets that AR put on the, how should I say. MONEY, gotta catch them balls. He is a great QB. 4 awhile I thought that short pass game could replace a run game. Early in the season. Enjoy the game. PEACE.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 11, 2010
 
Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're right. I wish I had your confidence. We're decimated with injuries, although our backups actually performed pretty well. McCarthy is more offensive than offensive minded.
We actually had the start of a decent running game going, and we pitched it to the wind! You can't put together a good season by letting these kinds of teams get one on you. We're just not taking care of business.
I appreciate the kindness from a Vikings fan after a Packer loss, though. Very classy.
The Packers will do battle,dont sweat it.Demond Bishop had 10 tackles at last count and played well.Pepreh played well enough to have confidence in him until the Viking game when Bigby may be back and ready.
Yes,looking back at it as hinsight is 20-20 we should have kicked the FG and took the points,but,sometimes you go for it and it doesnt work out.Believe me,there will be a game or so GB should have lost and will win,it usually washes in the end.IF Mc can make adjustments due to injury(ies),they will be ok.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 11, 2010
 
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Danger your comment is a knee jerk reaction to a loss. Played well I thought-Bears are not a factor. You guys will be fine.
More proof that some Viking fans have class,in fact most of the Viking fans that ive talked to have class.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 11, 2010
 
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>There were some bullets that AR put on the, how should I say. MONEY, gotta catch them balls. He is a great QB. 4 awhile I thought that short pass game could replace a run game. Early in the season. Enjoy the game. PEACE.
tell me about it! Donald Driver dropped 4 PASSES!!! in one game,ive never seen that and AR put them on the money,for whatever reason it h appens and DD is a human like the rest of us and will have bad days at the office BUT unlike most of us,DD bad day at the office is seen by how many Millions of people,of course he gets paid very well,but, still.......
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 11, 2010
 
Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're right. I wish I had your confidence. We're decimated with injuries, although our backups actually performed pretty well. McCarthy is more offensive than offensive minded.
Keep on trying. You will eventually point your finger in the right direction.

If I understand you, you are saying that McCarthy has coached the backups well, he got good performances from them, but it was his fault the Packers lost. Interesting. Confusing, but interesting.
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 11, 2010
 
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on trying. You will eventually point your finger in the right direction.
If I understand you, you are saying that McCarthy has coached the backups well, he got good performances from them, but it was his fault the Packers lost. Interesting. Confusing, but interesting.
Really not interesting in engaging in convo with you, but fine, I'll bite on the bait once today.

I find it interesting that you seem to acknowledge we did have backups that performed well, yet you continue to say TT hasn't developed any depth. So, when our depth performs poorly, TT didn't do his job, when they do well, it's because MM got them there?

MM can't coach. I will put that one on TT.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 11, 2010
 
eric wrote:
<quoted text>The Packers will do battle,dont sweat it.Demond Bishop had 10 tackles at last count and played well.Pepreh played well enough to have confidence in him until the Viking game when Bigby may be back and ready.
Yes,looking back at it as hinsight is 20-20 we should have kicked the FG and took the points,but,sometimes you go for it and it doesnt work out.Believe me,there will be a game or so GB should have lost and will win,it usually washes in the end.IF Mc can make adjustments due to injury(ies),they will be ok.
How is your back up QB , maybe He'll do better than AR? hahahahah!!!!! I thought you guys had the division this year? Best team in the NFC? I haven't seen them? All hype!
viking woman

Vinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 11, 2010
 
Hope early dementia doesn't set in with Rodgers, or migranes start, thats usually the result of repeated concussions,, and seems he's taken some pretty good hits in the last 2 years, face it, this could very well shorten his career, and most likely he will be more aware of the hits so won't play as aggresivly as he needs to.
As far as the interception, yeah,, all QB's make bad throws,, but then again, some of the recievers are just as much if not more to blame for the interceptions.
I have seen so many perfect beautiful throws by many QB's and the reciever ALLOWED it to be intercepted, but yet it goes on the QB,, thats just not right.
Da Bears 2010

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 11, 2010
 
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Danger your comment is a knee jerk reaction to a loss. Played well I thought-Bears are not a factor. You guys will be fine.
Not so fast Erie, Bears two games up on Pack, three on Vikes with a loss tonight. Seems like those Bears are making their move!!!
Da Bears 2010

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 11, 2010
 
eric wrote:
<quoted text>More proof that some Viking fans have class,in fact most of the Viking fans that ive talked to have class.
I can count on one hand the number of class Viking fans.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 11, 2010
 
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> How is your back up QB , maybe He'll do better than AR? hahahahah!!!!! I thought you guys had the division this year? Best team in the NFC? I haven't seen them? All hype!
theres 10 games left,keep it in your pants will you.The Packers will be fine.
all hype,ok
you beat Detroit on a terrible rule being dominated
you beat GB on a fluke and just a bad night and it took you until the last second AT HOME to do it.
you beat Dallas who sucks right now
you beat Carolina an 0-4 team
and NY pounded you into the ground.so who is Hype?
even you boys in Chicago radio arent convinced and even admit GB is a better team,hell we had to play with at least 5 starters out,lost 3 and a key backup and it took Wash. OT in WASH. to win.Like i said the Packers will be fine.You just worry about your team.Good start record wise,but you very easily could have and should have lost to Det and GB and you wont win those forever.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 11, 2010
 
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on trying. You will eventually point your finger in the right direction.
If I understand you, you are saying that McCarthy has coached the backups well, he got good performances from them, but it was his fault the Packers lost. Interesting. Confusing, but interesting.
speaking of depth,did you see the game yesterday? Desmond Bishop was solid,which makes some wonder and the question come up,since Barnett has had 2 season ending injuries in the past 3 years,and Bishop ( although 1 game started but many played in) has impressed big time and will be a FA, do Ted offer him a nice deal and let him take the MLB job and release Barnett?
YES its early and Bishop is potential,but,Barnett also has been suffereing some major injuries the last few years. Im not sure Bishop stays if hes a backup and there is a ton of upside,or do you stay with Barnett as you know what you will get,hope he stays healthy and fiqure you will find another athletic player like Bishop in the draft and develop accordingly
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 11, 2010
 
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> How is your back up QB , maybe He'll do better than AR? hahahahah!!!!! I thought you guys had the division this year? Best team in the NFC? I haven't seen them? All hype!
Matt Flynn will do ok,much better i assume the Collins did yesterday,but,again Miami is a better team then Carolina,so we shall see.Like i said,dont worry about GB ( maybe you should actually ) as Chi. will start playing NE and some tough teams coming up,we will see of course.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 11, 2010
 
Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
Really not interesting in engaging in convo with you, but fine, I'll bite on the bait once today.
I find it interesting that you seem to acknowledge we did have backups that performed well, yet you continue to say TT hasn't developed any depth. So, when our depth performs poorly, TT didn't do his job, when they do well, it's because MM got them there?
MM can't coach. I will put that one on TT.
It isn't about my inconsistency. There is NONE from me. Ted is the one responsible for the players and the coaching staff!

It's about your inconsistency. YOU claimed the backups performed well. If they did so great, why did the Packers lose?

YOU said the Packers are decimated with injuries. How can the coaches be to blame if the Packers have to many injuries? The coaches don't control who gets drafted, signed, or traded. Ted is in charge of personnel and has been for 6 years. The coaches must coach with what they are given.

You know, if it's the coaching, what explains 2007? Did McCarthy know how to coach then, but forgot since? Do you really think the relatively few injuries had nothing to do with the 13-3 record? No team has any right to expect or even hope for so few injuries. Any GM that relies on that kind of luck for success is a bad GM. But McCarthy has proven he can coach alright when given the tools and the talent.

However, IF McCarthy is the problem, Ted is responsible for that too!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Donald Lee Discussions

Search the Donald Lee Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Packers cut LB Hawk, 2 others (Mar '11) Mar '11 PackerBacker-WichitaKs 15
Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: 'I like whe... (Nov '10) Nov '10 the dude 3
Stiff back threatens Packers OL Colledge's star... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Kirkman 1
Packers linebacker Clay Matthews likely out of ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 good 1
Up next for the Miami Dolphins: Green Bay Packers (Oct '10) Oct '10 THERick 8
Havner hopes to return soon (Jun '10) Jun '10 Jeremy 3
Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley e... (Dec '09) Jan '10 Roy D 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••