Can Maualuga erase the doubt? Only actions, time will tell

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

Go ahead and doubt Rey Maualuga. Doubt him when he says he will learn from his mistakes.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2010
jim hunter

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

ray;
stay thristy my friend
Seriously

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

jim hunter wrote:
ray;
stay thristy my friend
How kind of you to say when he's trying to make better choices. Probably the main reason he is out doing something with his life and you will probably be sitting at home with a bottle curled up in the fetal position crying alone for the rest of your life. lol
Sean Quincey

Rio Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough in the column, but I sincerely hope that this is the last time Rey has trouble with the law. Our community looks up to him so much, so many people are rooting for him and he has worked so hard to be in his position, it would be tough to reconcile if something like this springs up again. It would become very much situational and he'd be subject to losing the support of many fans, both locally and nationally.

Here's to hoping that day never comes. I'm confident that there are many more supporters of Rey than naysayers. Let me state here and now that I support him and wish Rey nothing but the best in his career and personal life.

Sean Quincey
Times-Standard Sports Writer
Thristy

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

There is another saying: "Stay hungry." It means keep the fire of your desire alive. Don't rest on your laurels. I just hope he can quench his thristy self without ruining his life in the process.
Stay hungry, Ray.
EHS fan

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

It is now all up to him and I wish him success, both in his life and football. The rewards couldn't happen to a nicer kid, or nicer family. What kind of man (and player) he becomes is up to him.
Rocky Balboa

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Eye of the Tiger Ray.
Old Logger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Rey needs a Life Coach.

He needs to be counseled on setting a series of goals for himself.

He needs a coach to expose him to a different life than closing a bar down with a couple of teenage girls.

He needs to be coached to get involved in positive civic events.

Rey is making enough money to afford himself a $50k a year mentor.
Actually in Humboldt

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Still unconvenced. He said "i'm sorry" and stated he'd learned from his mistakes after both of his previous runins with alcohol and the law.
As for the DA saying girls weren't there... keep in mind that he was in a small county with it's own good old boy system and families that don't want the entire world to know that their minor daughters were out illegally buying beer, as well as DAs who are willing to not make waves ahead of elections.
Actually in Humboldt

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
How kind of you to say when he's trying to make better choices. Probably the main reason he is out doing something with his life and you will probably be sitting at home with a bottle curled up in the fetal position crying alone for the rest of your life. lol
But he's not trying. The perfect resemblence between this apology like statement and his previous insincere apologies.
And he's not "out doing something with his life" He's PLAYING A GAME and PARTYING. How do you see this as "doing something with his life"?
Actually in Humboldt

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Sorry my computer hiccupped.
The first paragragh should have continued.
..." causes me to beleive that the only thing he's sorry about is being caught, being punished, the loss of social status and benefits that went with that."
Actually in Humboldt

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

EHS fan wrote:
It is now all up to him and I wish him success, both in his life and football. The rewards couldn't happen to a nicer kid, or nicer family. What kind of man (and player) he becomes is up to him.
His criminal record alone qualifies him as not being a "Nice Kid" If even a tenth of the anacdotial stories about his bullying and drunken mysogany are true then he qualifies as a "bad kid"
Racey Casey

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

I could only hope Actually in Humboldt could meet Rey face to face.But hiding behind a keyboard doesn't give me much hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Domata Peko Discussions

Search the Domata Peko Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Bengals QB Carson Palmer Headed To The "... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Knapp Time 17
Bengals Begging Fans to Show Up (Dec '11) Dec '11 The Bait 2
Bengals Coaching Themselves During Workouts (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Bob Hunter commentary: Give Brown credit ... th... (Jul '10) Jul '10 WHO DEY 11
One hudred straight days sober, former Logger, ... (May '10) May '10 Eureka Supporter 24
Reviving the passing game a priority | The Colu... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Jack 1
The Bungles are back (Jan '10) Jan '10 Bungle Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••