Devin Hester eager for Jay Cutler passes

Devin Hester all but salivated as he envisioned fielding deep balls from new Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Bloomingdale, IL

#21 Apr 4, 2009
Holt would be nice. Buress definitely not the guy.
Bob

Peterborough, Canada

#22 Apr 4, 2009
GHook93 wrote:
Bottom line the Bears are one pro-bowl WR from being an elite offensive team!
I agree completely, one of the best RB(Forte), TEs(Olsen & Clark),QB (Cutler) OL (Pace) All we need is a pro bowl wr to finish it off, or Cutller turns the present guys into pro bowl caliber
40for60

Cloquet, MN

#23 Apr 4, 2009
The Hedgehog wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that the syphillis has progressed to your brain. What do you base this fantasy on? Where did your team improve?
We were missing EJ Henderson almost the whole year, you remember him don't you? Heath Farwell was lost for the year on special teams which killed us also. We have a QB that has every bit as strong an arm as Cutler, he just hasn't had the success, and he's only 26 so he will get better. We won the division going away last year after overtaking the beArs, so you will scratch and claw for a mediocre record again this coming year.
SC Dave

Columbia, SC

#24 Apr 4, 2009
Regardless of what you think of the football skills of Kyle and Rex both handled themselves with class and dignity in Chicago. Cutler has a tough act to follow in THAT category.

Make us proud, Jay.
WI Bear

Woodville, WI

#25 Apr 4, 2009
SC Dave wrote:
Regardless of what you think of the football skills of Kyle and Rex both handled themselves with class and dignity in Chicago. Cutler has a tough act to follow in THAT category.
Make us proud, Jay.
Excellent post.

At this point, it doesn't matter who was lying (Cutler or McDaniels), but Cutler sure seems to be a helluva lot happier being in Chi-Town. I congratulate his agent for stirring the pot, bringing it all to a boil, and then delivering his boy to the 2nd largest market in the NFL.

And, yes, Angelo, please go get Tory Holt. You're on a roll, don't stop now.
Bleed Cubbie blue

United States

#26 Apr 4, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
We were missing EJ Henderson almost the whole year, you remember him don't you? Heath Farwell was lost for the year on special teams which killed us also. We have a QB that has every bit as strong an arm as Cutler, he just hasn't had the success, and he's only 26 so he will get better. We won the division going away last year after overtaking the beArs, so you will scratch and claw for a mediocre record again this coming year.
Yeah, OK. You're still very weak at the most important position in the game, have a fumble machine in Peterson, and your pill popping Williams Wall should be suspended. If there's any justice in the world, they will be. Not to mention that you've got a loudmouth, classless drunk in JA, and an incompetent HC.

As for your QB having as strong an arm as Cutler, don't even try to put him on the same level as Cutler. He's far better than anything we've had in decades, and far better than anything you have, or will have in the foreseeable future.

“The quo has no status”

Since: Oct 08

Hammond, IN

#27 Apr 4, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! EJ HENDERSON IS BACK! RUN, DON"T WALK, BUY THOSE SUPERBOWL TICKETS RIGHT NOW! Are you talking about the Fourth best linebacker in the DIVISION? That EJ Henderson? HEATH FARWELL? WHO THE FARK IS HE? A special teams cover guy. A STAR! Don't make me laugh! AND TAVARIS JACKSON? The guy they had so much confidence in that they started Gus effin' Frerotte? AP is ALL you've got! The syph has progressed farther than I thought!
max

Milwaukee, WI

#28 Apr 4, 2009
I think what is lost in the argument that Chicago gave up too much for Cutler is that Angelo has been successful in the middle to late rounds. If you actually break down the trade into two parts then fans might think different. I, first, look that Chicago got a fifth rounder for Orton which is fine (Angelo usually excells at picking up solid players in the 5th round). Now, the signing of Pace, meant that at 18 Chicago was no longer leaning OL. They would have used 18 on a receiver, but receiver is pretty deep in this draft and Chicago could pick up a WR in the second which brings me to the second part of the trade which was acquiring a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB that is coming into his prime for a first and a third. I think the value of the two picks were just right for Cutler. Now, the 1st next year might be a lower 1st round pick, if Cutler leads the Bears to the playoffs, but only if Angelo gets 1 or two more offensive weapons.
Now, Angelo might not be done in, maybe, acquiring a draft pick or two. I'm not saying he'll get back into the 1st round, but he does have a couple of players that he could use to maybe get into the later 3rd or early 4th. I think that he could send out feelers for someone like Tommie Harris or Nathan Vasher. I believe the defensive front played much better with Anthony Adams in the mix. If Tommie was traded Chicago can plug Izzy and Adams in the rotation with Marcus Harrison which was one of the steals in last years draft. Does Wale have some trade value? I think so. Angelo proved that he can pull of a blockbuster trade and has changed some people's mind about him as a GM. I have a feelind Angelo isn't done dealing.
jerseyboy

Northport, NY

#29 Apr 7, 2009
Bears Fan wrote:
I will miss Kyle Orton. The guy was gutsy and wanted to win. I applaud him for that and wish him success in Denver.
Excited about Jay Cutler!!
KYLE SUCKED FACE IT BALL BOY. DIDN'T YOU GET TRADED WITH ORTON LAST WEEK. TAKE A HIKE MUSHMOUTH. ORTON SUCKED. I'M GLAD HE'S OUT OF CHICAGO. HE SHAVING HIS BEARD IS A CLASSIC. IT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE THOUGH. JUST THINK WITH FASTER BETTER WRS ORTON IS GOING TO HAVE EVEN MORE TROUBLE HITTING THEM. HE'S ALWAYS LATE WITH THIS DELIVERY AND HE HAS TERRIBLE FOOTWORK. IF YOU THINK DENVER IS RUNNING SHOTGUN ALL GAME< "WHO YOU FOOLING" LAST TIME I CHECKED RANDY MOSS WES WELKER, AND CREW ARE WITH THE PATRIOTS DANIELS NOT DENVER. ORTON WILL SUCK IF HE GETS THE STARTING JOB. WATCHING HIS PRESS CONFERENCE YOU CAN SEE HE HAS NO CONFIDENCE AT ALL WHATSOEVER. I GUESS LOVIE AND RON T COULDN'T PRETEND NO MORE THEY SAW ENOUGH OF HIS DINK AND DUNK. RON T STRETCHED THE FIELD WITH REX BUT DINK AND DUNK WITH ORTON GO FIGURE WHY MOOSE LEFT AND BERRIAN PARTED LIKE THE RED SEA. ALL BECAUSE LOVIE WANTED SAFE BALL CONTROL LMAO. I GUESS THE RECENT MINI CAMP MADE LOVIE PUKE HIMSELF. LEARNING A NEW SYSTEM PLAYING FOR 1 MILL IS SIGNS OF HIM NEVER GETTING A BIG CONTRACT LET ALONE MAKING ANOTHER ROSTER.
Erin

Lidgerwood, ND

#30 Apr 12, 2009
Fluck the Bears!!!!!!
Paul

Oak Forest, IL

#32 Apr 12, 2009
Hopefully Devin will catch more then he dropped. Same goes for Rasheed.

I already visioned the Bears first play this year it will either be a fumbled snap or a dropped pass. This is coming from a Bears fan who is not jacked up about Cutler. Wow we have a Qb but we still don't have any playmakers.

Since: Apr 09

Kentucky

#33 Apr 13, 2009
Well he better learn how to catch then!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons Oct '14 VaJayna 2
NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web