Devin Hester eager for Jay Cutler passes

Devin Hester eager for Jay Cutler passes

There are 32 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Devin Hester eager for Jay Cutler passes. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Devin Hester all but salivated as he envisioned fielding deep balls from new Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nathan temple

Zion, IL

#1 Apr 3, 2009
About time the bears got a quality QB now if they wil invest
a little more for a deep threat in a receaver this may
be a great year for all of us bear fans
max

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Apr 3, 2009
Orton shaved his beard....what the....look what happened to Samson after he lost his hair.
Anonymous

Wollerau, Switzerland

#3 Apr 4, 2009
Man I'm so sorry for KO.
Hope he'll be happy in Denver.

“The quo has no status”

Since: Oct 08

Hammond, IN

#4 Apr 4, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Man I'm so sorry for KO.
Hope he'll be happy in Denver.
I thought you guys were neutral.
rosco

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 4, 2009
This Qb has got to be broken or have some other problems. That's the only way the bears get players. Other teams bust outs or cast offs.
Bear in Patriots town

North Stonington, CT

#6 Apr 4, 2009
I really wish well for KO. He did a good job for us. My mouth salivates with the prospect of a Bears-Patriots NFC title fight. Cannot wait to dish out a big serving of humiliation to Bellichek and his cronies.
Monty

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 4, 2009
Bear in Patriots town wrote:
I really wish well for KO. He did a good job for us. My mouth salivates with the prospect of a Bears-Patriots NFC title fight. Cannot wait to dish out a big serving of humiliation to Bellichek and his cronies.
Pats in the NFC?
Small Market Fan

Castle Rock, CO

#8 Apr 4, 2009
Hester might have some success if he can grow another foot and a half...Cuddle Bears won't be able to see him while he's running for his life over the frozen turf in Soldier Field. You guys are in trouble..Want to borrow a draft pick?
jmac

United States

#9 Apr 4, 2009
Someone said Shanahan for OC. Great idea but it will never happen. Lovie is not going to bring in anyone that will jepordize his job. Look what happened to Rivera when he became to popular.
Brandon

Muskegon, MI

#10 Apr 4, 2009
I wonder if the Bears might be interested in Amani Toomer. He is the bigger, possesion type of receiver the Bears could use. Holt is on the smaller side. Toomer will be 35 when the season starts, but I think he still has 1 year left in him. He's 6'3 with a pretty good frame. He could provide that same wealth of knowledge to share with the young guys. I watched a few Giants games last season and it didn't seem like his skills had regressed all that much. Why get in a bidding war for Holt, when Toomer would probably come cheap. I'd also love for the Bears to take a look at this Ramses Barden kid in the draft. Small school(Cal Poly)? Kid is 6'6 235 lbs....He would be some kind of weapon in the redzone.
Valerie

Carol Stream, IL

#11 Apr 4, 2009
Yes, I'm very excited to have Cultler a true bears fan, just like Orton was. Will miss Orton, he was an honest guy, a hardworker which was a great example for the kids in Chicago. Hopefully Jay will be a great model also. Good bye Kyle, we wish you luck and the fans of Chicago appreciate all you did for us.

“The quo has no status”

Hammond, IN

#12 Apr 4, 2009
rosco wrote:
This Qb has got to be broken or have some other problems. That's the only way the bears get players. Other teams bust outs or cast offs.
That's right, Rosco. Don't bother doing any research or checking stats on Cutler. Go with your knee-jerk reaction. I'm sure it's served you well.

“The quo has no status”

Hammond, IN

#13 Apr 4, 2009
Brandon wrote:
I wonder if the Bears might be interested in Amani Toomer. He is the bigger, possesion type of receiver the Bears could use. Holt is on the smaller side. Toomer will be 35 when the season starts, but I think he still has 1 year left in him. He's 6'3 with a pretty good frame. He could provide that same wealth of knowledge to share with the young guys. I watched a few Giants games last season and it didn't seem like his skills had regressed all that much. Why get in a bidding war for Holt, when Toomer would probably come cheap. I'd also love for the Bears to take a look at this Ramses Barden kid in the draft. Small school(Cal Poly)? Kid is 6'6 235 lbs....He would be some kind of weapon in the redzone.
Put a fork in Toomer. He regressed in almost every receiving statistical category. If they're going to go geriatric, Marvin Harrison is the man you want. From everyrhing I've seen, Barden would be a serviceable receiver in long yardage situations. Although for a guy his size, he runs like a guy his size-4.68 40 at the combine. He's not much of a jumper either.
40for60

Cloquet, MN

#14 Apr 4, 2009
I'll bet Bernard Berrian is as well.
Oh, that's right, he's in Minnesota now, playing on the division champion Vikings.
Cutler to Winfield, Griffin, Johnson, Williams, Greenway, Leber, and Henderson will be sweet.
Brandon

Muskegon, MI

#15 Apr 4, 2009
Hey 40....

Say goodbye to your division championship. I hope you enjoyed getting rolled by the Falcons last year. It's funny to me that every forum I've visited since the Bears traded for Cutler is filled with troll-fans of the other 3 teams in the division. Hate all you want, but the North is a Bears division now.
GHook93

Arlington Heights, IL

#16 Apr 4, 2009
First got for Boldin! If (when?) that fails, go for Holt. If (when?) that fails go for Plaxico Burress! Yes he is a head case but he is still one of the best WR in the game. He is definitely better than Boldin and an aged Holt. With all the brouhaha, Burress would come on the cheap. If he starts F'ing around we can cut him! Bottom line the Bears are one pro-bowl WR from being an elite offensive team!
A fan

Morton Grove, IL

#17 Apr 4, 2009
Bring the former perennial pro bowl WR in here to take pressure off Hester and Bennet and teach them a few things only an accomplished wideout could teach them, please.

We can draft a WR or two as well. Then we will be set. Thank you Lord for Jay "is our Korta Bak" Cutler. Thank you!
Bears Fan

United States

#18 Apr 4, 2009
I will miss Kyle Orton. The guy was gutsy and wanted to win. I applaud him for that and wish him success in Denver.

Excited about Jay Cutler!!
40for60

Cloquet, MN

#19 Apr 4, 2009
A beAr defense that is one year older trying to build on that 21st ranked unit from last year? So the plan is to win all the shootouts by scoring 30+ points per game?
Chicago has always been about the defense, not any more.
What you saw last year from the Vikings will pale in comparison to this year. You, Gein bay and detoilet can fight it out for second.

“The quo has no status”

Hammond, IN

#20 Apr 4, 2009
40for60 wrote:
..What you saw last year from the Vikings will pale in comparison to this year. You, Gein bay and detoilet can fight it out for second.
I see that the syphillis has progressed to your brain. What do you base this fantasy on? Where did your team improve?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons (Oct '14) Oct '14 VaJayna 2
News NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
News Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
News The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web