Booing won't bother Rex Grossman

Go ahead and boo Rex Grossman all you want Thursday night at Soldier Field, Bears fans. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
gee

AOL

#84 Aug 8, 2008
Mike from Platte City Fort Leavenworth K.C.
I don't have to be positive about "intrinsic" things. I'll leave hat to people like YOU (who the McCaskey's love) the "dolts) who pay the ridiculous ticket prices, watered-down soda's and watch a "Mediocre" product. Then use Lame-brain logic like "Rex" gives us the best chance of winning. Rex should have been "history" after last season. You folks "infatuation with Rex is laughable. The Bears will have a "dismal season" (Not ALL Rex's fault), and the team will be forced to spend a HIGH DRAFT PICK and develope a QB, setting the team back ANOTHER year.
So Mike you root/cheer mediocrity(oh yeah you live in K.-City you are used to mediocre football).
Oh, by the way The Bears went to the Superbowl DESPITE Rex. AND if he would've even played a "Mediocre" game we would have won. Rex's up-side has levelled off, he's not gonna get any better. You'll see Rex out of football in 2009 or holding a clipboard as a 3rd string QB for Indy.
steve cerna

Elgin, IL

#85 Aug 8, 2008
Right, s..h..i..t..e is s..h..i..t..e no matter how much you boo. Hanie stole the show, and very little mention in any of the print media.
Mr Lopez

Brooklyn, NY

#86 Aug 8, 2008
I believe that the info above is good I'm also looking forward to seeing the rookies come out and have fun. If i were to comment on Rex, I could right a book of all the bad things he has done. But I like how he looks in the training camp so far, so I'm give him the benefit of the dough he might disappoint many you have to be fair and understand the pressure that it takes to do what he does. I expect the defense to come out this year and dominate the field. I don't have to tell you how the special teams unit is going to do cause they will do what they do best but it's critical that they watch there blocking this yer. I wouldn't want other teams picking up on what they're trying to do. I believe the bears will go over .500 this years and maybe make the playoffs.
steve cerna

Elgin, IL

#87 Aug 8, 2008
Mr Lopez wrote:
I believe that the info above is good I'm also looking forward to seeing the rookies come out and have fun. If i were to comment on Rex, I could right a book of all the bad things he has done. But I like how he looks in the training camp so far, so I'm give him the benefit of the dough he might disappoint many you have to be fair and understand the pressure that it takes to do what he does. I expect the defense to come out this year and dominate the field. I don't have to tell you how the special teams unit is going to do cause they will do what they do best but it's critical that they watch there blocking this yer. I wouldn't want other teams picking up on what they're trying to do. I believe the bears will go over .500 this years and maybe make the playoffs.
Just don't see the above .500, the defense has been carrying the weight for too long now. Quarterback is always a difficult slot to fill and with the Bears, it is that much more so. I don't judge the preseason to be all that anymore. We'll see.
DireWolf81

Barrington, IL

#88 Aug 8, 2008
I agree with everything you said.you are so right and it feels good to hear someone else say the same things
forneyfan

Houston, TX

#89 Aug 9, 2008
What about Caleb Hanie?
Dave

Omaha, NE

#90 Aug 9, 2008
Hanie will make the team as the #1 QB
Launcher

Madison, WI

#92 Aug 15, 2008
Booing Rex will bother him! He sucks and it is that plain and simple!
RS in San Diego

San Diego, CA

#93 Aug 31, 2008
The real losers are the booing bear fans. I have been a bear fan since 1964 when my dad would sit me in front of the television for the game. That is a lot of seasons. Bear fans wonder why their team can never get a good quarterback. The reason is that bear fans won't let a good young quarterback develop. Loser bear fans were booing Rex in preseason before the bear's last Superbowl...Rex's real first season. Those that boo him are costing the REAL bear fans a chance of having a good quarterback. In reality however, the bears will never have one. Losers like the booers want instant gratification. I say let the guy go through his growing pains. Peyton Manning, John Elway, Brett Favre, you name them. They all went through their growing pains. Good bear fans need to shut up the idiot bear fans!!!!!!!!!!
Mike from Platte City

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#94 Sep 17, 2008
gee wrote:
Mike from Platte City Fort Leavenworth K.C.
I don't have to be positive about "intrinsic" things. I'll leave hat to people like YOU (who the McCaskey's love) the "dolts) who pay the ridiculous ticket prices, watered-down soda's and watch a "Mediocre" product. Then use Lame-brain logic like "Rex" gives us the best chance of winning. Rex should have been "history" after last season. You folks "infatuation with Rex is laughable. The Bears will have a "dismal season" (Not ALL Rex's fault), and the team will be forced to spend a HIGH DRAFT PICK and develope a QB, setting the team back ANOTHER year.
So Mike you root/cheer mediocrity(oh yeah you live in K.-City you are used to mediocre football).
Oh, by the way The Bears went to the Superbowl DESPITE Rex. AND if he would've even played a "Mediocre" game we would have won. Rex's up-side has levelled off, he's not gonna get any better. You'll see Rex out of football in 2009 or holding a clipboard as a 3rd string QB for Indy.
Only reason I'm here in "Kansas City" as you put it is the military put me here. I'm not a Chiefs fan. Born and raised in Chicago, Bears fan for life.

By the way, how you liking Orton? It should read "Mediocre" on his back!
darren

United States

#95 Jul 4, 2009
DieHard wrote:
Haugh, you such an Orton homer. How can you say that he is even slightly ahead of Rex is ludicrous! Kyle has twice as many Ints and fumbles so far in camp and all he ever does is check off and dump off the ball and you say he is ahead? Get real! When are you going to get off your cloud and smell reality? And then this whole article you are actually encouraging people to boo Rex. Very low class indeed!
...Your right when they showed highlights of the QB comp. last year, and they said the D had a good day they would show 1 int and a couple pass brak ups when rex was QB, and when orton was QB there was 4-5 int's and a few brake ups. and the news guy would say the QB comp is still close. our they would show rex connect on3-4 long TD passes and few med 1s, and kyle a few med 1 and some short 1s and they would say the same thing
Buck

Fullerton, CA

#96 Oct 2, 2009
RS in San Diego wrote:
The real losers are the booing bear fans. I have been a bear fan since 1964 when my dad would sit me in front of the television for the game. That is a lot of seasons. Bear fans wonder why their team can never get a good quarterback. The reason is that bear fans won't let a good young quarterback develop. Loser bear fans were booing Rex in preseason before the bear's last Superbowl...Rex's real first season. Those that boo him are costing the REAL bear fans a chance of having a good quarterback. In reality however, the bears will never have one. Losers like the booers want instant gratification. I say let the guy go through his growing pains. Peyton Manning, John Elway, Brett Favre, you name them. They all went through their growing pains. Good bear fans need to shut up the idiot bear fans!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you rs.To many bears fans can't see the big picture.
Alex

Spokane, WA

#97 Oct 13, 2009
How do the bears fans feel now that Orton has lead the Bronco's to a 5-0 record so far this season? Sure he's not a very flashy quarterback, but he's been very steady and gettin the job done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons Oct 14 VaJayna 2
NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6

Devin Hester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE