Booing won't bother Rex Grossman

Full story: ChicagoSports.com

Go ahead and boo Rex Grossman all you want Thursday night at Soldier Field, Bears fans.
Comments
61 - 80 of 93 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2009
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

OR those of us who are true BEAR fans could CHEER ON our team AND our QB regardless of who's at center and if we get the urge to boo, maybe we could BOO THE OTHER TEAM...FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! GO BEARS!!!
JohnF

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Real Bears fans root for the Bears:

- Regardless of Angelo's consistently poor drafts in the first three rounds
- Regardless of the fact that Lovie ran Ron Rivera out of town and replaced him with his buddy Babich
- Regardless of the fact that Lovie continues to play (or has played) high draft picks (Benson, Grossman, Bradley, etc) instead of deserving football players (Jones, Orton, Hass)
- Regardless of the fact that Lovie is stubborn to a fault when it comes to benching players that are not producing
- Regardless of the fact that Angelo gave Lovie a four year extension that he didn't deserve

Yes! Real Bears fans should overlook all of this ineptitude and root for the Bears no matter what! It is our team, and this consistent stupidity and should be CHEERED!!!
WHITE SOX WINNER

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

So boo the ownership, not the players...It's not the players fault that management sucks....

I'm all for booing if you think a player isn't trying or hustling, but I would say that Rex is trying as hard as he can and needs our support if he is going to have even close to a decent year....
Judge Smails

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Rex sucks. Rex is great. Kyle sucks. Kyle is king.

The one thing that may be true, if reports about Griese are correct - the main guy deserving the boos this year isn't Rex or Kyle, it's Ron Turner.

Until we get that fool from calling plays that are doomed to failure, it doesn't matter if you put Joe Montana behind center. With this Mickey-Mouse offense, most defenses have it figured out in about 20 minutes...then we start hoping that the defense can save us.

Look at the film from last year's games...the games where the Bears had the lead, they ended up losing because their offense stopped fooling the Defense. However, the games that the Bears won, either the defense took over the game, or the big play (and Devin Hester) saved 'em. The only exception to this is Minnesota, where we flat out got beat by AP both times. All the other games, we couldn't hold leads, and the defense was exhausted by the 4th quarter because the offense got too predictable. I don't know how that's Rex's or Kyle's fault.
SC Dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

JohnF, you are the most consistently unhappy and negative Bears fan I can recall. Why don't you just find another team? Real fans despise attitudes like yours. At least shut up.
DCL

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

I have no inclination whatsoever to join the Stick Up for Rex Club, nor do I think that he will be a star QB whether the O-line becomes useful or not. Note that this isn't an endorsement of Orton, either.

But I agree with some here in that the most energetic jeers should be reserved for: Turner, Lovie and Angelo. Ted Phillips and the MCaskey Clan's inaction on those three boobs means they have a complicity in the problem that deserves some antipathy as well. But the coaching staff-front office combo in Halas Hall has been a significantly active part of the problem.

If the media wants to be critical of the players' play, they should more often put to the fire the feet of those who put the players in the situations (of missed targets, dropped passes, blown coverage, porous blocking, etc.) they are in as a team.
JohnF

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

It's not up to me to find another team, it's up to the McCaskeys to hire some competent football people that will field a championship caliber team year after year. I deserve that as a Bears fan.

"Fans" that overlook the faults of their coaches and general manager aren't fans - they are chumps!

When Lovie and Babich and Angelo and Grossman are fired, I will be optimistic, because we can't be any worse.

SC Dave, you and I have argued before. Please tell me what I should be optimistic about given the current state of the Bears. I can't hope for the best, just for hope's sake. Give me something tangible.
Tummy20

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

For those TRUE Bears fans, this is a season that opens with a lot of questions, and will end with answers. Yes, we've had a few issues. Yes, this club has had it's ups and downs. But who hasn't? We as fans must truly believe in what our team is capable of. In the grand scheme of things, these are talented athletes. If they weren't they wouldn't be playing in the NFL. Give it time, and be patient. The Bears are going to prove to the only ones that matter, themselves, that they can contend and return to winning form. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!
Mark N Illinois

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Grossman's worst problem is his inability to sense or evade a pass rusher. He is a sack and/or injury waiting to happen. Lets face it, the Bears have never had an eye for QB's going back to McMahon who himself was plagued with injuries. Drafting a good QB isn't easy, but knowing a good QB after three or four seasons is. A winning QB will have at least a QB rating of 80 and pass comp. % in the 60's. Orton and more proven Grossman are knowhere in that realm. I wish they'd wake up and get someone who at least has the possibility of being good:Chris Simms QB Rating 80/Pass Comp. % 60 in his one season of 10 or more starts. Pennington's career numbers: QB Rating near 90 and Pass Comp. in the 60's. Of course the Bears will secure niether of them which is why they will suck. I do like Lovie Smith, but not their draft character/talent evaluators.
true bears fan

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

i will tell you one thing what the hell are the bears thinking Grossman sucks everyone knows it but the bears coaching staff. we as fans want to see the bears win and win big we would hope that our coaching staff would do everything in there power to get us that w but its sad to say they are not someone needs to step in and find out who the bears coaching staff is playing for and who is paying who because i am tired of losing. there was a great quarter back available and the bears did not even make a move. all i have to say is if our coaching staff is so confident i will see you and the rest of our fans at the super bowl but the only way thats going to happen is if Grossman goes back to washing the helmets.
true bears fan

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

go bears
Pete

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

JohnF wrote:
Real Bears fans root for the Bears:
- Regardless of Angelo's consistently poor drafts in the first three rounds
- Regardless of the fact that Lovie ran Ron Rivera out of town and replaced him with his buddy Babich
- Regardless of the fact that Lovie continues to play (or has played) high draft picks (Benson, Grossman, Bradley, etc) instead of deserving football players (Jones, Orton, Hass)
- Regardless of the fact that Lovie is stubborn to a fault when it comes to benching players that are not producing
- Regardless of the fact that Angelo gave Lovie a four year extension that he didn't deserve
Yes! Real Bears fans should overlook all of this ineptitude and root for the Bears no matter what! It is our team, and this consistent stupidity and should be CHEERED!!!
One more: Regardless of how much the McCaskeys raise ticket prices and stick it to the loyal fans!
Pete

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Tummy20 wrote:
For those TRUE Bears fans, this is a season that opens with a lot of questions, and will end with answers. Yes, we've had a few issues. Yes, this club has had it's ups and downs. But who hasn't? We as fans must truly believe in what our team is capable of. In the grand scheme of things, these are talented athletes. If they weren't they wouldn't be playing in the NFL. Give it time, and be patient. The Bears are going to prove to the only ones that matter, themselves, that they can contend and return to winning form. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!
Lemmings like you are a greedy team owner's bread and butter. Just show up and open your wallet no matter what the product on the fields looks like (and smells like).
Tummy20

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Lemmings like you are a greedy team owner's bread and butter. Just show up and open your wallet no matter what the product on the fields looks like (and smells like).
Pete, I'm as truly disappointed with the team and how they've been managed as the next guy, but i also have(and you can call it overly optimistic if you'd like), faith in what talent we have. Yes, it needs to be developed, yes, we need to make some key changes, and yes our quarterback situation is the thing nightmares are made of, but I am a Bears fan, always have been, always will be. No sense in turning back on the team now. Could be the Chicago in me, but if not this year, there's always next year.
ryan

Stevensville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

as a bears fan could you tell me in what way it helps to boo any of our players especially one with confidence problems
ryan

Stevensville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

and bears fans should be optimistic because there are a lot of questions which will be answered so why not hope for the best this is a new offense stop sh****** on your own team
Tummy20

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Ryan,
Well said! For once someone makes sense. Everyone is so quick to curse the Bears, and Rex Grossman when things aren't going our way, but when things are good, they easily forget. To me, a fan should stick by their team no matter what. People criticize the Bears organization for the last couple years, but what about the stretch from 88-2001? quick to forget the poor coaching of Dave "I wish I could do for the Bears what Ditka did" Wanstadt, the numerous unproductive quarterbacks we had then. It sickens me. BE A BEARS FAN or find a new team!
dabears

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

what do you guys think a about pennington should the bears take a shot at him.besides his injurys he can put up better numbers than REX or KYLE.
Brooke

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

I love Rex. I think it sucks people boo him. I hope he does great this year and proves everyone wrong.
Brooke

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

I also agree that no one on our team should be booed. Boo the other team is exactly right. How is booing your own team make us look?? The other teams are laughing at us. Good luck Rex!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Devin Hester Discussions

Search the Devin Hester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... Mar '14 Steven 1
Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
How Much is Jay Cutler Worth Heading into 2013? (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bad Things Small ... 1
Devin Hester Hints at Possibility of Requesting... (Feb '13) Mar '13 Halas 1 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••