Chicago Bears tight ends, Matt Forte ...

Chicago Bears tight ends, Matt Forte more important than wide r...

There are 84 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 21, 2009, titled Chicago Bears tight ends, Matt Forte more important than wide r.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Nothing offers a reminder of how close NFL training camp is in Chicago quite like the sight of a grown man wearing a No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ron Santo

Denver, CO

#82 Jul 28, 2009
Robbie watch out for me. The bears want me to try out for kicker.
Wow

Excelsior Springs, MO

#83 Jul 28, 2009
I think Olsen and Clark are two of the more underrated players out there. Both are solid pass catchers and Olsen can easily go across the middle.

Also I think with Cutler combined with Hester, defenses will have to respect that a litte and not stack the box every time. Then Forte can see a little daylight and show he isn't a fluke.

I would however, like to see a major reciever next year if one doesn't develop this season. Though I think Iglesias and Knox, and even Bennett have the tools to be successful with the bears.

“Harvin ROY 2009”

Since: Apr 09

Franklin, WI

#84 Aug 4, 2009
Theres a reason why the Bears hold more value to their RB and TE's when it comes to the passing game. Their love is particularly more neccessity than fact. Its no secret the Bears WR corps is next to horrendous with barely a shred of NFL Game experience as a whole.
BP Zoin IL

North Chicago, IL

#85 Aug 5, 2009
Mike Shanahan wrote:
<quoted text>Uh ...that would be throwing a pick when the game is on the line or the ever impressive roll-out fumble when the game is on the line. I put those plays in there for Jay and he ran them to perfection. Guru Chumura
Perhaps if Denvers vaunted "D" wasn't yielding 30+ points every game Jay would have been handing the ball off to his RB's and killing clock instead of be forced make plays with the game on the line.....

I'll still take Jay over Orton and Grossman any day of the week.

Go Bears !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons (Oct '14) Oct '14 VaJayna 2
News NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
News Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
News The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web