Bears GM Jerry Angelo discusses his vision for the offense

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 17, 2009, titled Bears GM Jerry Angelo discusses his vision for the offense. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Jerry Angelo has been the Bears' general manager for almost eight years. That's five years longer than Jerry Vainisi was GM, and about as long as Jim Finks was in charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
the constant princess

Grayslake, IL

#85 Jan 24, 2009
sweet34 wrote:
Angelo, did you know that about Benson going into the draft? And if not, how come you didn't know his make-up?
But, trust me, Cedric Benson will be a bust next year.
And Angelo, i think you're the one that said "no" to Kurt Warner.
Sorry sweet, but you are wrong about Cedric. Angelo will be held accountable for what he did to Cedric and TJ.
Peace Love Soul
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#86 Jan 25, 2009
the constant princess wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry sweet, but you are wrong about Cedric. Angelo will be held accountable for what he did to Cedric and TJ.
Peace Love Soul
looks like we have a side bet ~~:p

but P.L.S., you're right about TJ, casting off him was huge and costly mistake. but in the process we did end up with "40" (actually #22)
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

#87 Jan 25, 2009
okay, hows this one

for those of us who were about 10 years old watching Gale Sayers, doesn't #22 (Forte) remind you just a hair of number FORTY?

but, no one will ever run as smooth as the Kansas Comet.
Greg

Carol Stream, IL

#88 Jan 26, 2009
sweet34 wrote:
okay, hows this one
for those of us who were about 10 years old watching Gale Sayers, doesn't #22 (Forte) remind you just a hair of number FORTY?
No. He reminds me of Marcus Allen.
Bill

Elgin, IL

#89 Jan 26, 2009
sweet34 wrote:
okay, hows this one

No...... Not even close.

Your memory leaves a lot to be desired.

Bill

Elgin, IL

#91 Jan 26, 2009
sweet34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Boy,
Like I've told you, go back to your little pathetic world.
Read it again, what the heck do you thnk "just a hair" means...
it mean not much, or, as you put it not at all.
besides that, i said, "how's this one?"
in other words, I'm just throwing that out there so dumb aragant fans like yourself can get jollies getting angry over it ...
yeah, Mr. Bill, I'm playing with you,
Mr. Memory Clinic.
like i said, i wasn't even going to waste my time responding to you're pathetic crying; but a man has to teach a boy a lesson. Get a life Bill, talk some football, don't whine about others so much.

If you're such "a man",... why do you come off as a mere child??

"Just a hair" is a figment of your childish imagination...... You obviously didn't view Sayers with adult eyes.

Sayers did more in his FIRST year than most runners do in their careers.

I hope that Forte reaches the stage where he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Sayers...... But,... not yet!

No ..... You didn't want to respond to me.......... But you're so full of yourself that you have no control over your actions..... Just like a little child.

Now,... Go back to your babbling.

Knowfootball

Elkhart, IN

#94 Mar 9, 2009
Its funny how people who probably never played football comment on it and think they know the answer. I hear people talk about guys like Garrett Wolfe and other players who havent really had a chance to do much in this offense. As a running back big plays dont come every time you touch the ball. Adrain Peterson(Vikings) has 2 yards here, 4 here, maybe a ) yard gain then bust out for 40 or 60 yards. You cant expect to throw a guy into a game that he has no rhythm in and expect him to produce off of one or two touches. Especially on 3rd down when the D knows it a cheap screen to him. And I do remember last preseason when he was getting some touches throughout the games he made some big plays. Wolfe and te rest of the backs on the bears roster would be way more productive wit a team that has a good blocking scheme that opens up natural gaps in the defense. Instead of an old Bears oline that has 2inch splits that cause the problem from jump.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons (Oct '14) Oct '14 VaJayna 2
News NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
News Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
News The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web