Chicago Bears well aware of Cedric Benson's success with Cincinnati Bengals

Oct 13, 2009 Full story: Chicago Tribune 27

Bengals running back Cedric Benson runs in a touchdown as Ravens safety Ed Reed and cornerback Chris Carr pursue.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fat-H

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Oct 13, 2009
read that one of the chicago fans are still calling Benson a hack... Really??? top rusher in the league since week ten of last season if i remember right... and please correct me if im wrong... this guy has talent and had one strike and he was out of chicago.. everyone deserves a second chance. this is why chicago fans always have to say this will be the year... cause they believe that while they nail quality players to a wall in both football and baseball. milton bradly will prob do well in another city like Benson did in our city. WHO DEY!!!
shane

United States

#2 Oct 14, 2009
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's called jealousy plain and simple. Cedric made some mistakes but who doesn't not to mention the fact that the good ol boy texas ranger probably didnt like him in the first place if you understand me. Oh well go Cedric and go Bengals!!!!!!!!! WHO DEY
Fat-H wrote:
read that one of the chicago fans are still calling Benson a hack... Really??? top rusher in the league since week ten of last season if i remember right... and please correct me if im wrong... this guy has talent and had one strike and he was out of chicago.. everyone deserves a second chance. this is why chicago fans always have to say this will be the year... cause they believe that while they nail quality players to a wall in both football and baseball. milton bradly will prob do well in another city like Benson did in our city. WHO DEY!!!

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#3 Oct 14, 2009
shane wrote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's called jealousy plain and simple. Cedric made some mistakes but who doesn't not to mention the fact that the good ol boy texas ranger probably didnt like him in the first place if you understand me. Oh well go Cedric and go Bengals!!!!!!!!! WHO DEY<quoted text>
Benson was an overbearing, whiny prima donna in Chicago, a cancer in the locker room. He was a huge holdout, which alienated everyone, and helped to chase Thomas Jones (a much better back at the time) out of the team.

You are welcome to him, just wait for Cedric "Gumby" Jones to pull one of his stunts on the Bengals. Broken leg, sitting down during a Super Bowl etc.

I'm sure the Bears defense will enjoy crushing your team! Fuggit, GO BEARS!! p.s. Who dey? They don't call you guys the "Queen City" for nothing!

Since: Apr 08

Wheeling, IL

#4 Oct 14, 2009
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Benson was an overbearing, whiny prima donna in Chicago, a cancer in the locker room. He was a huge holdout, which alienated everyone, and helped to chase Thomas Jones (a much better back at the time) out of the team.
You are welcome to him, just wait for Cedric "Gumby" Jones to pull one of his stunts on the Bengals. Broken leg, sitting down during a Super Bowl etc.
I'm sure the Bears defense will enjoy crushing your team! Fuggit, GO BEARS!! p.s. Who dey? They don't call you guys the "Queen City" for nothing!
everything you said is very true.

the fact he was #4 draft overall showed he had the skill--the fact he never proved that in chicago,and did everything you said makes him a parasite i would rather not watch on a weekly basis.

on a seperate but related note, its why i really dont want T.O to ever be a bear.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#5 Oct 14, 2009
_DiMz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
everything you said is very true.
Not quite, I called him Cedric "Gumby" Jones!! Jeez! Thanks for the support, Dimz. I was really burned about the Thomas Jones thing, as he was having a hell of a season....but of course, Angelo was totally in love with his Cedric, so the rest is history.

I wouldn't mind a really good, big WR on this team, but I guess we'll have to do with the parts we have. Why are WR such notorious head-cases?? T.O., OchoCinco, Plexico etc.?

As always, FUGGIT, GO BEARS!

Since: Nov 07

Schenectady, NY

#6 Oct 15, 2009
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite, I called him Cedric "Gumby" Jones!! Jeez! Thanks for the support, Dimz. I was really burned about the Thomas Jones thing, as he was having a hell of a season....but of course, Angelo was totally in love with his Cedric, so the rest is history.
I wouldn't mind a really good, big WR on this team, but I guess we'll have to do with the parts we have. Why are WR such notorious head-cases?? T.O., OchoCinco, Plexico etc.?
As always, FUGGIT, GO BEARS!
Ochocinco would be OK. He talks a lot but hes pretty harmless. Guy produces and he makes the #2 receiver better. Houshmanzadeh and now Caldwell.

The guy Id really like to see us get though is Boldin! Or how about Marshall? He already has a good history with Cutler but is also a headcase. Why are the good WRS so f'ed up in the head? Must be all those big hits.

Wheeling, IL

#7 Oct 15, 2009
i remember Ocho saying he would make rex grossman look like a pro-bowler again if he came to chicago...now i guess if you put that in perspective, could you imagine him and cutler?

Boldin is blue chip material i have not researched his contract status etc but i would think the bears have little to offer in draft choices since cutler for next 2 years so i would assume it would trade heavy based on talent for talent.(Brian+draft choices+???)

I suppose top tier WR's become nutjobs because it is possibly the second "sexiest" position to play with all the flare of pretty catches followed by finesse or power RB's...at least thats what it seems like last 5-10 years.

ask a very casual football fan to name a famous back and nowadays you will probally either get LT or Adrian. dunno...maybe its just chicagoland area dunno if its like that in say NY (NMR?) lol

Schenectady, NY

#8 Oct 16, 2009
_DiMz_ wrote:
ask a very casual football fan to name a famous back and nowadays you will probally either get LT or Adrian. dunno...maybe its just chicagoland area dunno if its like that in say NY (NMR?) lol
Same over here. Also Brandon Jacobs gets some mention too ,just because he's a giant.

I have a feeling that Otis, you and I might all agree on who the greatest running back of all-time is. When thats brought up out here in NY theres some debate that goes on , but it usually only involves 3 guys. Payton , Sanders and Brown. You can argue for all three. I wasnt around when Brown played but the reason I take Payton over sanders is because he was such a complete back. Run , catch , block etc.. Never hear Emmitt Smiths name mentioned even though he is the all-time rushing leader. We all know he had a hall-of-fame line in front of him. Payton or Sanders would have rushed for miles...not yards!

Wheeling, IL

#9 Oct 16, 2009
No_More_Rexcuses wrote:
<quoted text>Same over here. Also Brandon Jacobs gets some mention too ,just because he's a giant.
I have a feeling that Otis, you and I might all agree on who the greatest running back of all-time is. When thats brought up out here in NY theres some debate that goes on , but it usually only involves 3 guys. Payton , Sanders and Brown. You can argue for all three. I wasnt around when Brown played but the reason I take Payton over sanders is because he was such a complete back. Run , catch , block etc.. Never hear Emmitt Smiths name mentioned even though he is the all-time rushing leader. We all know he had a hall-of-fame line in front of him. Payton or Sanders would have rushed for miles...not yards!
my top is walter---he was one of the most fluid RB's of all time...hot knife through butter--he would create holes out of thin air--he also covered "Jimmy Mac" as if he was a frigging 0-lineman

I think in barry is a very close second, had he not "retired" so frigging early (probally cuz well...he wasted his prime with the lions lol) then i would tip my hat to him as number 1 in my world. He had power and speed and really smart--he could read defenses as if though he was the D-cordinator for the other team drawing up the plays he wanted to run against!

I like Emmit--he was a frigging horse and was usually unstoppable if he even smelled the possiblity of a hole in the defense--sometimes he would create one out of sheer force.

LT was an unstoppable force anywhere near the redzone for a few years but so damn injury prone that i would be surprised if he's a starter for anymore then this year and the next.

Adrian is where is at in the modern era and i think he has not peeked yet--and if he stays healthy for next 3-4 years, he will put up some ungodly numbers and will be mentioned in same breath as walter,emmit,brown&sanders and simpson (<--lol)

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#10 Oct 16, 2009
_DiMz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
my top is walter---he was one of the most fluid RB's of all time...hot knife through butter--he would create holes out of thin air--he also covered "Jimmy Mac" as if he was a frigging 0-lineman
I think in barry is a very close second, had he not "retired" so frigging early (probally cuz well...he wasted his prime with the lions lol) then i would tip my hat to him as number 1 in my world. He had power and speed and really smart--he could read defenses as if though he was the D-cordinator for the other team drawing up the plays he wanted to run against!
I like Emmit--he was a frigging horse and was usually unstoppable if he even smelled the possiblity of a hole in the defense--sometimes he would create one out of sheer force.
LT was an unstoppable force anywhere near the redzone for a few years but so damn injury prone that i would be surprised if he's a starter for anymore then this year and the next.
Adrian is where is at in the modern era and i think he has not peeked yet--and if he stays healthy for next 3-4 years, he will put up some ungodly numbers and will be mentioned in same breath as walter,emmit,brown&sanders and simpson (<--lol)
Yeah, gotta go with Walter! Talent, devotion to his art, and a big heart...not many players, then or now, have the whole package.

Bears have had a few guys that also picked it up...Neal Anderson and Thomas Jones come to mind, with Jones being a personal favorite before the Benson deal goofed it all up.

Walter was one of a kind, if you guys are ever out in Aurora, drop me a line at labcsa@aol.com and we'll go out to Walter Peyton's Roundhouse!

GO BEARS! Get some payback for last year, and NO squib kicks this time!!
shane

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2009
Oh k you drew first blood we will see what happens in that game and dont forget the Bengals have a little defense of thier own so bring it on. Like in "road house" it's be nice until its time to not be nice, get ready for an a$$ whuppin. Bring it Ditka clone. I tried to be nice but you drew first blood !!!!! bring it bbbbeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt ttccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh! we willsee whos whining WHO DEY!
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat-H

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 17, 2009
Ha you guys are retarded.. Benson has his head on straight for the first time in his career. He'll keep it that way. O and as for the "Queen" pun... There are millions more "Queens" in your city. So keep them cheakes puckered whiney asses.
This is the year the Cubs are going right.. HA Losers.
shane

United States

#13 Oct 17, 2009
exactly
Fat-H wrote:
Ha you guys are retarded.. Benson has his head on straight for the first time in his career. He'll keep it that way. O and as for the "Queen" pun... There are millions more "Queens" in your city. So keep them cheakes puckered whiney asses.

Schenectady, NY

#14 Oct 17, 2009
_DiMz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I think Walter was the best "all around" footbal player..EVER!!

If we are talking about a pure runner Sanders MIGHT have an argument. Both had some pretty good moves. Sanders moves may be slightly better , but holy sh*t could Payton finish off a run! And he delivered the hits not like a lot of RBs who take the hits.

Nobody in the game today compares to Peterson. Sometimes I wonder if that because of his line. Time will tell.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#15 Oct 17, 2009
Fat-H wrote:
I repeat, "Queen City." Enjoy watching Benson give it up as the season progresses, we'll be watching. He always screws it up.

Have fun packing your Skyline Chili, GO BEARS! p.s. I'm a White Sox fan and hate the Cubs more than any of you Queens.

Schenectady, NY

#16 Oct 17, 2009
shane wrote:
Oh k you drew first blood we will see what happens in that game and dont forget the Bengals have a little defense of thier own so bring it on. Like in "road house" it's be nice until its time to not be nice, get ready for an a$$ whuppin. Bring it Ditka clone. I tried to be nice but you drew first blood !!!!! bring it bbbbeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt ttccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh! we willsee whos whining WHO DEY!<quoted text>
Ill cut you some slack since your team has sucked for 20 years ...and you're named Shane.
shane

United States

#17 Oct 17, 2009
thanks
No_More_Rexcuses wrote:
<quoted text>Ill cut you some slack since your team has sucked for 20 years ...and you're named Shane.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#18 Oct 18, 2009
No_More_Rexcuses wrote:
<quoted text>Ill cut you some slack since your team has sucked for 20 years ...and you're named Shane.
Does it count if I once thought Akili Smith would turn out to be an outstanding QB? Hah!

Bengals are a surprising success-story this season, along with the Broncos and (dammit) Falcons.

I'm pretty pissed that Benson has found his mojo (so far) with another team, I can't think of another ex-Bear who went on to progress so well after being such a bust here. Grossman? Sauerbrun? McNown? Bah!!

OK, I guess Jim Harbaugh did very well at Indy after the Bears, that's about the only one I can think of.

However, I'm waiting for "Gumby" Benson to break his leg again, that seems to be the pattern. If he has his head together, good luck to him (but not too much).

Having Brad Ochocinco on the Bears would be very interesting, but I don't see a big-time WR coming any time soon. Head-cases one & all, who knows why?

FUGGIT, GO BEARS! Atlanta in 4 hours.

Wheeling, IL

#19 Oct 18, 2009
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat, "Queen City." Enjoy watching Benson give it up as the season progresses, we'll be watching. He always screws it up.
Have fun packing your Skyline Chili, GO BEARS! p.s. I'm a White Sox fan and hate the Cubs more than any of you Queens.
born and raised in chicago, lived few years here and there but lived in chicago or chicagoland area for over 34 years....never understood the whole sox-cubs hatred...i'm a cubs fan (for better or for worse) never hated the sox...i dont rooting intrest in them, but my dad my grandpa and myself all have watched the sox and even gone to both of there stadiums, cuz they are chicago teams. yet it seems sox fans hate cubs with a passion....even though cubs have not won sh1t like....ever haha it should be other way around since sox won the big one. I will admit though, my kind is a rare breed.

but yeah bengals will lose to the bears.

Schenectady, NY

#20 Oct 18, 2009
Sox fan here. Always have been since my Father brought me to the games. They were awful. And they had those stupid looking French foreign legion looking uniforms with the ugly jersies and hats and I think they wore shorts. I was at the disco demolition derby in the 70's , although I was in grade school. Left before all real craziness kicked in. I never thought Id see the day the White Sox won a World Series!

Never had anything against the Cubs. Just never followed them. Never really cared for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... Aug 26 Garbageuars 1
Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... Mar '14 Steven 1
Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
How Much is Jay Cutler Worth Heading into 2013? (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bad Things Small ... 1
•••
•••

Devin Hester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••