Bears remain 'Plex-ible' at WR

Bears remain 'Plex-ible' at WR

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 17, 2009, titled Bears remain 'Plex-ible' at WR. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Bears fan Tony Tudisco from Aurora put himself on the hot seat Sunday when he inquired how Jay Cutler would thrive "without any receivers to throw to." Bears general manager Jerry Angelo fired back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

salamander

Frankfort, IL

#1 May 17, 2009
Plaxi-NO
tim

Chicago, IL

#2 May 17, 2009
nooooo! Burress is a cancer AND he's going to jail.
Uncle Bouncy

Macon, GA

#3 May 17, 2009
We would first need to develop an offense that utilizes this new-fangled "forward pass"

personally, I think it's going the way of the hula-hoop

-Ron Turner
Biloxi Bears Fan

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 May 17, 2009
Everyone needs to get over whatever there personal problem is with Burress. He's the type of big target Cutler and the Bears need, if there serious about winning. What he did was stupid, and he'll pay for it as he should. But I'm so sick of all of these holier than thou knuckleheads making comments like there JC. Give EVERYONE a break!!
Dave U

Mesa, AZ

#5 May 17, 2009
Well, at least nobody can say it won't be an interesting year if he comes here. Keep in mind that the Bears would have drafted him had he still been available. That's what the skinny was, anyway. Instead, after he was taken, they took Brian Urlacher. So maybe its karma he comes here.
Kurz

Chicago, IL

#6 May 17, 2009
Any time that signs Plax is gonna have to deal with the same stuff:

a) Chance of jail time
b) Chance/Going to be suspended
c) Will have to wait for Plax to hit the field
d) Public Relations nightmare

Once he hits the field, however, those detriments will disappear and that team will reap the benefits of a top receiver. Here's to hoping it's us.
salamander

Frankfort, IL

#7 May 18, 2009
Biloxi Bears Fan wrote:
Everyone needs to get over whatever there personal problem is with Burress. He's the type of big target Cutler and the Bears need, if there serious about winning. What he did was stupid, and he'll pay for it as he should. But I'm so sick of all of these holier than thou knuckleheads making comments like there JC. Give EVERYONE a break!!
Are you telling me that nothing was learned from having Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson? You want to sign the guy and end up not getting to use him because he's out dealing with off-the-field issues like jailtime?
Big Tank Johnson

Denver, CO

#8 May 20, 2009
Could have rolle3d with this homey a couple-a-years ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons (Oct '14) Oct '14 VaJayna 2
News NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
News Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
News The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web