Terrell Owens is a bad fit at receive...

Terrell Owens is a bad fit at receiver for the Chicago Bears

There are 90 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Terrell Owens is a bad fit at receiver for the Chicago Bears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Ignore all the chatter created Thursday in Chicago over the sudden availability of Hall of Fame-bound wide receiver Terrell Owens .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#81 Mar 5, 2009
Brett wrote:
TO didn't like Garcia, Mcnabb, and Romo throwing to him.
Do you think he's going to like Orton throwing to him?
Dallas is now the 2nd team that's dumping him because he's not worth the headaches.
Why wouldn't he like Orton throwing him the ball? T.O. problems weren't the qb's he's played with, it was the qb's fame. When he isn't recognized as the prime player on a team he has issues. Otton has a better rep than some "fans" care to admit. It isn't like he was released and is still waiting for his phone to ring.
John

Schaumburg, IL

#82 Mar 5, 2009
Quit being a bear as lick. They need anyone who can catch.
SmotPoker

United States

#83 Mar 5, 2009
Kevin_K wrote:
Haugh once again proves himself a football-naive PR sycophant for Halas Hall and Jerry Angelo.
As for T.O.- normally I'd say no thanks to any inflammatory head-case types, but since this Bears team lacks ANY fiery personality whatsoever- top down- I'd make an exception. Sign him. But they won't. Even if they did, Ron Turner couldn't figure out how to get him the ball. Ho hum.
Funny becuase it's true! This team is poorly managed and poorly coached.
Here here

United States

#84 Mar 5, 2009
I coudln't agree with this article more. The one consistency you can say about the Bears over the last few years is that they havne't had any of the drama queens like T.O. Nor have the Patriots, easily the best team of the past decade. Even Randy Moss's former issues disappeared on that team. Owens had proved that a change of scenery won't change is attitude.
jizza

Yonkers, NY

#85 Mar 5, 2009
What do we have to lose besides a few more games than we did last season!!! Our QB sucks, our WR's suck, and our O-line has more holes in it than a sieve. Sign TO to a one year deal and lets see what happens. Otherwise Forte will be worn down and injured half way through the season.

Since: Dec 07

Roselle, IL

#86 Mar 5, 2009
Over the Hill wrote:
At least T.O. is still productive. Crybaby Urlacher rewarded the Bears' decision to restructure his contract with another subpar season.
Subpar by who's standards?? Yours?? Because he's no the very best in the league he's subpar?? Keep your subpr posts to yourself, this post is about cancerous Owens.
Creighton

Evanston, IL

#87 Mar 5, 2009
Please sign TO this way I can at least be sure I will be entertained this year. Not to mention you can pretty much put the nail in Lovie and Angelo if you sign him and I would love to see TO cry over his QB a second time.

How do you feel about Orton as your QB?

Thats my QB man, boo hoo.

TO would never come here, he only goes to places with good QB's who are true contenders. Then he can destroy the team and move on to his next conquest.

He has a had a rap as a cancer with 3 out of 3 teams. Here is a better idea, let him go to the Queens and then they can known as the Drama Queens and this will ensure the Bears make the playoffs.
Thin The Herd

Milwaukee, WI

#88 Mar 5, 2009
By the time someone is 35, their lousy character isn't likely to change.

No doubt, some owner/gm/coach will have a large enough ego, and few enough brains to think that they'll be the team to make the guy worthwhile. But, as the saying goes, you can't fix stupid.
Chad

Plymouth, IN

#89 Mar 5, 2009
If TO is a cancer how come every team he has left has regressed.

Record as a 49er
72-56
Record Since TO
25-45

The Eagles with TO
17-6
Record Since TO
29-27-1 since he played.

Dallas Record with TO
31-17
Record in 3 years Previous to TO
25-23

Fact TO may be a distraction in the locker room but lets be honest this guy is a winner. He has averaged over 10 touchdowns a season in his career and averaged 14.9 Yards per Catch.

The teams he has been on have been 120 and 79 over the past 13 seasons. He has been to the playoff in 8 of 13 seasons.(Discounting 2005 Eagles when they were 4-3 before they sent him home).

While Owens has been catching 10 touchdowns a year since 1996. The last Bears Wide Receiver with 10 touchdowns in a year? Curtis Conway in 1995. This town deserves a big time receiving threat and I think you need to take this chance to see if the door truly has closed on this teams Championship chances or if TO can help you sneak through.
MDK

Mount Pleasant, SC

#90 Mar 6, 2009
Chad wrote:
If TO is a cancer how come every team he has left has regressed.
Record as a 49er
72-56
Record Since TO
25-45
The Eagles with TO
17-6
Record Since TO
29-27-1 since he played.
Dallas Record with TO
31-17
Record in 3 years Previous to TO
25-23
Fact TO may be a distraction in the locker room but lets be honest this guy is a winner. He has averaged over 10 touchdowns a season in his career and averaged 14.9 Yards per Catch.
The teams he has been on have been 120 and 79 over the past 13 seasons. He has been to the playoff in 8 of 13 seasons.(Discounting 2005 Eagles when they were 4-3 before they sent him home).
While Owens has been catching 10 touchdowns a year since 1996. The last Bears Wide Receiver with 10 touchdowns in a year? Curtis Conway in 1995. This town deserves a big time receiving threat and I think you need to take this chance to see if the door truly has closed on this teams Championship chances or if TO can help you sneak through.
Because he is the iceberg just sitting and waiting for the team to hit! He is one of the causes of the sinking of the ships.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons (Oct '14) Oct '14 VaJayna 2
News NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
News Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
News The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web