Packers collapse 'disappointing'

Packers collapse 'disappointing'

There are 25 comments on the Daily Chronicle Online story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Packers collapse 'disappointing'. In it, Daily Chronicle Online reports that:

LAKE FOREST It's the NFL. That is pretty much the extent of any explanation for the Green Bay Packers' collapse during the past five weeks, a turn of events that mystifies even some of the Bears' players.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Chronicle Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
normallylikeyell ow

United States

#22 Dec 30, 2008
Yeah clutch performance by the Bears there on Sunday. Enjoy playing Philly Vikes. Good luck--really.
Jerry

Clarksburg, WV

#23 Dec 30, 2008
Eric quote: "we are talking a pro bowl quality player who will take some cap money."

Eric if there was a genuine pro bowl player available in FA who was 30 or under, he may be worth the money, and more important he may be able to help the team. I don't know of any such player this year.

Most teams will do everything possible to keep a player like that. There is the RB from KC who wants out, but do we need another RB?
eric

Poseyville, IN

#24 Dec 30, 2008
Hey Jerry,I think Wynn did well enough that they will give him a shot at 2nd behind Jackson.I think you mean Larry Johnson,but,he has been banged up and has had some dis. problems as in suspended ( i believe it was him but could be wrong).
we need to rebuild both lines depth adn an upgrade adn esp a new blocking system on offensive line and new defensiive scheme.i think they will can the d coordinator and maybe go after one of the released HC to be a d coordinator like the former coach in Jacksonville Williams.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#25 Dec 30, 2008
Greg Williams is his name.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#26 Dec 31, 2008
First, this season was not a disappointment. Failing to improve on last year is a disappointment. What happened this year was an absolute disaster!

Second, for everyone suggesting that the Packers sign some FAs or replace an assistant coach, etc.: These ideas merely address various symptoms that are the result of the real problem with the Packers. The Packers have been mismanaged. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy need to be replaced. They were tesponsible for picking and signing the players and coaches that you say are problems. Why do you think they will do any better picking replacements? Ted Thompson has failed to effectively use free agency for the last decade. It is irresponsible to trust him to turn the team around through FA now. The Packers need to do more than address the symptoms. They need to fix the problem! Every fan that wants to see Aaron Rodgers and the Packers be successful should want a new GM and coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons (Oct '14) Oct '14 VaJayna 2
News NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
News Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
News The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web