Packers collapse 'disappointing'

Packers collapse 'disappointing'

There are 25 comments on the Daily Chronicle Online story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Packers collapse 'disappointing'. In it, Daily Chronicle Online reports that:

LAKE FOREST It's the NFL. That is pretty much the extent of any explanation for the Green Bay Packers' collapse during the past five weeks, a turn of events that mystifies even some of the Bears' players.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Chronicle Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ooo

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Dec 23, 2008
THE GAME was F I X E D SO THAT CHICAGO would WIN
THEY are ALL CROOKED LIKE the STOCK MARKET
michael ligato

Edison, NJ

#2 Dec 23, 2008
the defense needs draft choices and free agents if tt would finally spend money and we need bill cowler to be the new choach and we need a running back in the draft and a new defensive corrdinater
Jerry

Kenosha, WI

#3 Dec 23, 2008
michael ligato wrote:
the defense needs draft choices and free agents if tt would finally spend money and we need bill cowler to be the new choach and we need a running back in the draft and a new defensive corrdinater
Don't give us that same old spend the money routine. Try to understand the NFL before making such remarks.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#4 Dec 23, 2008
Teams need both FA and draft picks.Its very hard to name a championship team with all draft picks Jerry.Ted needs to sign a Julius Peppers type vet with leadership qualities or a very good interior lineman ( d line).There just isn't time to let rookies take 3 years to get the system down.Picks are fine don't get me wrong,but,a vet. needs to be included and after this years defensive collapse,we are talking a pro bowl quality player who will take some cap money.
love morneau

Cleveland, OH

#5 Dec 23, 2008
favre wouldn't have done any better...favre is the most overrated in nfl, why doesnt the media see this like sports2debate does
wal

Yorktown, VA

#6 Dec 24, 2008
The Bear gamejust typlifies how the season has gone. Last season we won all those close games and it was magic. This year, poor execution has killed us. Whether special teams, the defense, offense missing a beat, or poor play calling; it all adds up. I also am hoping that TT brings in a quality FA or two to help get us again to the next level. There is some talent on this team and we should have a productive draft. We need that immediate impact that Woodson and Pickett gave us.
zack

Sugar Grove, IL

#7 Dec 24, 2008
haha game was fixed huh?? take the loss like a man ooo
Jerry

Kenosha, WI

#8 Dec 24, 2008
eric wrote:
Teams need both FA and draft picks.Its very hard to name a championship team with all draft picks Jerry.Ted needs to sign a Julius Peppers type vet with leadership qualities or a very good interior lineman ( d line).There just isn't time to let rookies take 3 years to get the system down.Picks are fine don't get me wrong,but,a vet. needs to be included and after this years defensive collapse,we are talking a pro bowl quality player who will take some cap money.
What I was saying eric is those "TT is too cheap to spend the money" commenst gets tiring. He wants to win, and if there was a player of value out there, he'd sign him. One thing he won't do is throw money at some overrated veteran.
rick

AOL

#9 Dec 25, 2008
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
What I was saying eric is those "TT is too cheap to spend the money" commenst gets tiring. He wants to win, and if there was a player of value out there, he'd sign him. One thing he won't do is throw money at some overrated veteran.
Bad example: The Washington Redskins.

Good example: The New England Patriots.

Ted will be under alot of pressure this year and I wholeheartedly agree with eric. Pull the money Trigger to bring veteran leadership in the packers Locker room.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#10 Dec 25, 2008
I think what bothers me is Mike is talking on Talk radio in Madison and Milwaukee about pad level! Pad Level should have been delt with in TRAINING CAMP!,by November,the lines ( defense and offense) whould have that pad level down to a science!In that aspect Mike didnt do his job.Ted was screwed either way.....

Folks if Favre kicked ass in NY Ted was screwed...
if Favre did this bad and was still in GB ,Ted was screwed for not trading him because they would say Favre should have been traded after that whole fiasco.
12 TD 4INT in hte beg.
1 td adn 6 INT and a 54 qb rating in hte last 5 games with the playoffs on the line,BF is struggling and its not secret,his shoulder is hurting and hes not himself.
as for Brett Favre to answer why do people dislike Brett,for me,,,,it was when he said
"its not my job to teach him"
and
"
"what are they going to do,trade me?"
his arrogance is what pissed me off and turned a person that i liked to a person who i assumed get rid of!
and to the Favre supporters like Dewey and PFISOP,im NOT bashing Favre,,his stats are legit and fact and im stating my opinion of what would have been said if Favre stayed here or not and how TT was on the short end of the stick.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON THE BOARD! Everyone is in my prayers for a safe healthy and Merry Christmas full of love,health and the wealth of family!
eric

Poseyville, IN

#11 Dec 25, 2008
sorry folks BF said "what are they going to do ,cut me?' i will get it right!
rick

AOL

#12 Dec 25, 2008
eric wrote:
I think what bothers me is Mike is talking on Talk radio in Madison and Milwaukee about pad level! Pad Level should have been delt with in TRAINING CAMP!,by November,the lines ( defense and offense) whould have that pad level down to a science!In that aspect Mike didnt do his job.Ted was screwed either way.....
Folks if Favre kicked ass in NY Ted was screwed...
if Favre did this bad and was still in GB ,Ted was screwed for not trading him because they would say Favre should have been traded after that whole fiasco.
12 TD 4INT in hte beg.
1 td adn 6 INT and a 54 qb rating in hte last 5 games with the playoffs on the line,BF is struggling and its not secret,his shoulder is hurting and hes not himself.
as for Brett Favre to answer why do people dislike Brett,for me,,,,it was when he said
"its not my job to teach him"
and
"
"what are they going to do,trade me?"
his arrogance is what pissed me off and turned a person that i liked to a person who i assumed get rid of!
and to the Favre supporters like Dewey and PFISOP,im NOT bashing Favre,,his stats are legit and fact and im stating my opinion of what would have been said if Favre stayed here or not and how TT was on the short end of the stick.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON THE BOARD! Everyone is in my prayers for a safe healthy and Merry Christmas full of love,health and the wealth of family!
He had every right to feel that way, Eric. Brett came into Chaos, no established head coach and no winning ways for the last 20 years.....

He blazed his own trails and what he was saying to Rodgers is you have to make your own WAY!!!!!

Sorry. Favre fecking rocks!!!! He should have never left! Ted pushed him out......

I love him.

many do....
eric

Poseyville, IN

#13 Dec 25, 2008
Well BF came to GB after he was traded as you know and Ron Wolf was the one who made the trade for him,so he had a very established GM who would bring winners to GB.Reggie White was very instrumental in bringing FA to GB which helped bring a winner to Packerland!
He may have the right to feel that way,but,if he is a leader,he should understand he was a hit away from retirement and being 05 and 13 years or so in the NFL he has been beaten up.Saying its not my job to teach him to me was classless and very selfish.it was his job and until he retired it was.He lost his job in GB because he retired for a few months adn you cant expect the team to stop everything and wait for him to come back.Both handled it badly.

“NFL + NCAA Football!!”

Since: Dec 08

Annandale, VA

#14 Dec 26, 2008
As a neutral Packer observer the thing that shocks me about the Pack this season is their defensive collapse. I remember heading into the NFC championship game last year I was rooting for Green Bay because I believed that their defense has a better chance of stopping Brady and the Pats in the Super Bowl than the G-men (given that Brady had smoked the Giants for 38 in the regular season finale). And after the Favre saga saw him going to the Jets I figured the Pack would live or die with Rogers at QB. But it's been the GB defense that's beena disappointment. They gave up 30 at Tampa, 27 at home to Atlanta, 28 at Minnesota, 51 at New Orleans and 35 to Carolina. In all five of those losses the Pack offense scored enough points to win the game. This season's collapse can be placed on the defense and their coaches.
michael ligato

Piscataway, NJ

#16 Dec 26, 2008
LIKE I SAID WE NEED A DC AND ST COACHES
normallylikeyell ow

Martinsburg, PA

#17 Dec 26, 2008
Pretty much a microcosm of the whole season Monday night. D actually played pretty well. Fixed? I guess you could argue that but we fixed ourselves weeks ago. BF has his own problems--guys that can't separate--or catch clutch throws--not to mention himself. No point talking about him as a Packer. I was NE this weekend for Xmas (happy happy everyone) and they called BF "the most overrated QB in history." No paraphrase there. When somebody else wins the 3 MVPs we'll see about that huh? Ironically they are depending on the Jets for a win this Sunday. I just hate arrogance don't you? Where will Matt Cassell sign?
rick

AOL

#18 Dec 27, 2008
normallylikeyellow wrote:
Pretty much a microcosm of the whole season Monday night. D actually played pretty well. Fixed? I guess you could argue that but we fixed ourselves weeks ago. BF has his own problems--guys that can't separate--or catch clutch throws--not to mention himself. No point talking about him as a Packer. I was NE this weekend for Xmas (happy happy everyone) and they called BF "the most overrated QB in history." No paraphrase there. When somebody else wins the 3 MVPs we'll see about that huh? Ironically they are depending on the Jets for a win this Sunday. I just hate arrogance don't you? Where will Matt Cassell sign?
I could see the Redskins going after him...
normallylikeyell ow

United States

#19 Dec 27, 2008
Yes Cassell would make a great West Coast system guy.
Ken

United States

#20 Dec 28, 2008
Hahhahahaha... Possible Superbowl contenders my
A-$-$... Rodgers who? Enjoy the off season losers... hahhahhahahahhaha!!!

Vikes
2008 Division Champs
Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#21 Dec 30, 2008
Packers collapse disappointing? SAYS WHO?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Hester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons (Oct '14) Oct '14 VaJayna 2
News NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
News Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
News The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
More from around the web