Bernard Berrian the one that got away for Bears

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Of all the regrets that eventually could define this Bears season, the biggest one popped up Sunday on your TV screen.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 172 of172
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
DaBears

Valparaiso, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

While Berrian did burn the bears, the Vikings did overpay for him. Angelo would be taking just as much flak if he got into a bidding war and overpaid for Berrian. Could Berrian have boosted the Bears to the playoffs? Possibly. But keep in mind that while Forte is good he is no Adrian Peterson, and I suspect that Berrian benefits more from AP then AP benefits from Berrian. The Bears can find much better ways to spend 42 million dollars then on a solid yet not quite spectacular receiver like Berrian. When it comes down to it, AP is more to blame for the Bear's loss than Berrian.
sweet34

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

Keith wrote:
The Bears miss Ayenbadejo more than Berrian. Ask Devin Hester.
very true Keith !!!

as i said before most bears fans didn;t mind losing BB,

And ppl saying we needed to keep him lose fact that we didn;t go after a decent w/out so, losing him and what we got are not the same argument and should not be part of that statement of what we feel about BB .... he is (was) limited. Definitey not worth Matching Vikes offer. Say all you want, but economics is part of decision making in the NFL.
This is nonsense

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

This is nonsense,
The bears lost 3 games this year because the couldn't finish the game. Finishing the game requires two things.
1. Run the clcok out. Wear the opposition down throughout the game and when it counts, your line has to beat the other guys and drain the clock.
2. If plan 1 doesn't work, The defense can not let the opposition march down the field playing a prevent defense and take the lead during a game with you had outplayed them.
The Bears outplayed Carolina and lost, outplayed Tampa to lose. Somehow we find ourselves with a lead with less than half a minute remaining and let a rookie beat us with one throw.
Now tell me, has lost more close games than its won, and if it weren't for the inability to finish games would be 11-3 right now and the likely holder of homefield advantage.
How is not having Berrian have anything do with this? Put this on the players inability to finish, maybe the aging of a defense. Berrian is not worth the money he got and everyone in Chicago knew that when went to the Viqueens. Don't start complaining now Berrian found himself on a more likely playoff team.
the truth is out there

Matteson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

The Realist wrote:
I can't believe how dumb some Bears fans are. Berrian is not a #1 quality receiver he is very one dimensional and again not even close to worth the money, Hester can do what he does run fast and in a straight line.
Also can we stop the BS Orton can't go deep talk, if you have watched every snap this season you would know that is not the case, or even last week for that matter against the Saints.
For some reason Bears fans have this perception that there are QB's out there that throw deep balls and connect every time, not even close, passes over 40 yards are usually only complete 20-30% of the time, not sure where these ridiculous expectations come regarding homerun balls.
Grossman could throw it but its not like he was more accurate than anyone else or Orton for that matter, will the ignorance ever die?
Poor orton supporter. This people is a sign of the organization fooling people into thinking that the Dink and Dunk will be a good option as a franchise qb. It is not, so please dont justify the fact that orton sucks on the deep pass.
the truth is out there

Matteson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

D Garcia wrote:
You are giving Berrian too much credit.
In the 2006/2007 seasons, he did have some sweet catches. However, I remember that he had quite a few drops and he wasn't that great of a route runner. His best route was to run straight downfield past the defenders and have Grossman chuck him the ball. That worked nicely, sometimes, but he was not worth the amount that a franchise tag would mean. I am **** that the Bears fail to evaluate Earl Bennett or even Riddeaux to see what these guys can bring to the game. Anything is better than what we have right now.
Yes i also remember a time when he quit on a nice pass in the endzone and it resulted in an interception. I was pissed. The guy had gator arms all year long and thats why they didnt pay him. The bears organization only gives money to yes men and people that intimidate them into paying more money. Its sad that i would still take him. I still think that these are the types of wide outs that orton should have. He cant really pass well so they just run slants and comebacks. It is what ortons game is based on. They knew what they were doing.
the truth is out there

Matteson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

chicagobear wrote:
Berrian definately has the height, speed and talent to become a no.1 receiver; it's too bad the bears let a great player get away. however, the bears are a better team than the vikings.
lol said the poor bears fan that didnt watch the last game they played. Said the poor bears fan who doesnt realize that their team is ranked pretty highly. Said the poor bears fan that doesnt know that the bears are out of the playoffs, before they play monday, if the vikes win sunday. Poor Poor bears fan, and yes i am one of you lol
the truth is out there

Matteson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Dave wrote:
I don't remember Berrian stretching the field for Cedric Benson...not that he wouldn't have been nice to have this year but for $42 million, I say you can have him. If I had written this article, I would have asked where the hell Brandon Lloyd went.
The games Haugh highlighted were not lost cause we were missing a big play receiver, its because we played stupid. Winning teams don't do that in critical games.
first off, benson is bad and the oline was worse lol. Everybody one the bears offense looked bad last year. Orton is just lucky that the old trench workers are health this year. Now we have an okay line.
the truth is out there

Matteson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Steve wrote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong again Haugh. In every close game this year, it was the offense that kept our hopes alive, the defense squandered leads and made several journeymen QB's look like all stars. We would be easily in 1st place if the defense had lived up to it's own billing this year. The offense has been better than expected with the exception of the few weeks Orton has had to handle a bad high ankle sprain. Don't try and pin this season on Berrian. You're fooling yourself and letting those responsible for a mediocre season off the hook far too easily. Shame on you.
This is the problem with bears fans. They expect the defense to play offense. I would take this defense over the offense still. We need to build our team around offense. I never understood why the bears dont do the Colts game plan. They know that the coach is a defensive minded guy, so that will naturally take care of itself. They should only be thinking offensively. Then and only then will we get rid of orton lol
the truth is out there

Matteson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Steve wrote:
Come on folks. Lovie has this team overachieving??? Are you insane? A more talented, and hire paid defense than the one that dominated for us two years ago? These guys are overachieving? Perhaps you should check the definition in the dictionary. The offense has overachieved this year based on what we saw in our starting line, unproven QB play, and a rookie RB. If this defense were in fact overachieving we would have the NFC North wrapped up and a first round by. Put down the bong folks, the defense is a bunch of whiney, poorly coached underachievers this year. I still love them though, GO BEARS!!!
yes he does. They do have pride and talent of defense, they just dont have what they used to have. They need offense or better yet a real qb
ZONASOTA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Typical idiotic move by the stupid front office of the Bears... that franchise should dominate year in and year out... yet they always underachieve.

Go Vikes!

Since: Nov 07

Elmwood Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

the group running the Bears can't wait until Virginia dies so they can sell the team and get their money.

Bear management have the Chicago Park District, not to mention the people of Chicago and the Bear nation by the balls. Considering they can sell out every game and still have people spending 8-9 bucks a pop for a cold beer even with a -20 wind chill, do you ever think they will spend big money on real football players. They surely aren't going to invest in Fresno bandit.

You want to win...it's easy, sell the BEARS so the Harvard boy can get his money.....

Since: Dec 08

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

jerseyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
**** are you mad your ryle ortman is stinking up the place. what **** loser this guy can't even beat his divisional opponents and you want to come in here talking shhh. cry me a river little boy. go back on your paper route and stay off the grown folks boards.
I DO NOT CARE WHO THE QB IS!! I don't care if his name is Grossman, Orton or McNabb. Your the one with the man-crush on Grossman. I'm sure you think he's cute an all but I think he's taken.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 172 of172
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Devin Hester Discussions

Search the Devin Hester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... Mar 30 Steven 1
Bears QB Cutler out at Redskins with groin injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mike Dickta 2
Offense not clicking, Bears beat Chargers 33-28 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Darren Sharper Think the Bears Can Compete with... (Jun '13) Jul '13 DagoT 21
The question:Who should be the Green Bay Packer... (Jun '13) Jun '13 GBPfan 6
How Much is Jay Cutler Worth Heading into 2013? (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bad Things Small Packages 1
Devin Hester Hints at Possibility of Requesting... (Feb '13) Mar '13 Halas 1 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••