Pressure on quarterback could key win...

Pressure on quarterback could key win in Chicago

There are 8 comments on the Star Tribune story from Oct 11, 2011, titled Pressure on quarterback could key win in Chicago. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

Defensive end Brian Robison ranks ninth in the NFL with 4 1/2 sacks. Yes, teammate Jared Allen -- with 8 1/2 sacks -- is on pace to shatter the NFL's single-season sacks record, blazing toward a total in the mid- to high-20s. But Robison has only been a step behind on several of Allen's sacks, continuing to play with admirable energy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

ezg357

Madera, CA

#1 Oct 11, 2011
I think Allen & Robison can get to Cutler. Robison is playing better then Edwards ever did for the Vikes The Vikings sure dont miss Edwards If the Vikings secondary plays as good as last week & Allen & Robison Rattle Cutler & the game is won
GBPmies

Finland

#2 Oct 12, 2011
I had my doubts about the DE position in MN this year. I thought Allen as about to slow down and didn’t think all that much of Robison. I guess they shut me up on that one because the two of them are playing real well. Edwards is a disappointment in ATL, I don’t think they are the slightest bit happy about the contract he got. Nice work by MN to let him leave a promote Robison.
Procynic

Milton, FL

#3 Oct 12, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
I had my doubts about the DE position in MN this year. I thought Allen as about to slow down and didn’t think all that much of Robison. I guess they shut me up on that one because the two of them are playing real well. Edwards is a disappointment in ATL, I don’t think they are the slightest bit happy about the contract he got. Nice work by MN to let him leave a promote Robison.
Yes GB, they are playing well so far. I think this will also be a key match-up when the Vikes play the Packers, Vikings defensive ends vs. the Packs new LT and RT. If the Vikes cant keep constant pressure on Rodgers, I have a feeling he may kill them with 15-20 yard passes over the middle. Just a hunch, your thoughts?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Oct 12, 2011
Procynic wrote:
<quoted text>Yes GB, they are playing well so far. I think this will also be a key match-up when the Vikes play the Packers, Vikings defensive ends vs. the Packs new LT and RT. If the Vikes cant keep constant pressure on Rodgers, I have a feeling he may kill them with 15-20 yard passes over the middle. Just a hunch, your thoughts?
It thought Clifton was done years ago, but he keeps bouncing back. This injury may finish him though.
Secondaryfarts

Houston, TX

#5 Oct 12, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
If the Vikings secondary plays as good as last week & Allen & Robison Rattle Cutler & the game is won
And, more importantly, the win pushes the Suck for Luck farther out of the picture...then we wont have to hear about wasting another QB draft pick...
eric

Arpin, WI

#6 Oct 12, 2011
IM pretty sure if Clifton plays again this year,it will be his last year as a Packer.The man has done a tremendous job,but, as in all careers,its time to go.
The Packers should have Bulaga back this week vs STL @ Lambeau a end if he plays STL this week ( unless he re injures his knee or suffers another injury) he should be ready to go vs Minn.( although id be a bit careful on turf with any sprain,but again,id expect him to play.
Take no team for granted,I still believe Minnesota is a whole lot better then the record indicates,there is a ton of talent there and the 4 games they lost,they were never blown out,they just lost 3 leads late ( obv. a lose is a lose and it sucks but they are still in it is my point) and their 1 win was a pretty darn convincing game from what it looks like.
Thank you to 40 for depressing me. Clifton;'s injury is bad enough,that it might not be for another week or 2 until they can determine how long he will be gone for, so certainly doesnt look good.Im a team fan,but, Chad Clifton is one of a few players i really like,Hes never in the headlines for something negitive,he has handled himself at the LT spot for over a decade and even after the whole Warren Sapp bs,he didnt fire back,handled it with class.
Injuredfarts

Houston, TX

#7 Oct 12, 2011
Bulaga can rest another week and the Packers would still win vs the pathetic Rams...lol...
GBPmies

Finland

#8 Oct 12, 2011
Procynic wrote:
<quoted text>Yes GB, they are playing well so far. I think this will also be a key match-up when the Vikes play the Packers, Vikings defensive ends vs. the Packs new LT and RT. If the Vikes cant keep constant pressure on Rodgers, I have a feeling he may kill them with 15-20 yard passes over the middle. Just a hunch, your thoughts?
DEs against the Tackles will definitely be one of the main keys to the game. If MN wants to have any chance of slowing down Rodgers they need to get pressure with just the front four and allow more guys in coverage. I am not sure they can stop Rodgers right now but maybe slow him down a bit. Then the flip side of GB stopping AD. GB has been good against the run and if MN can’t chew up some clock and limit the Packs possessions they are for a long day.

I think the Pack will walk all over the Vikes. I am not trying to be rude or cocky. From what I have seen so far this season, and I have seen all but a few quarters of both teams, I don’t think the Vikes match up well at all with the Pack. I am not saying the Vikes are horrible but the match ups do not favor them.

But then again who knows? It’s a black and blue division game so nothing is unheard of. I think many things will have to go the Vikes way this year for them to have a chance vs. the Pack

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin Aromashodu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Devin Aromashodu Could Help the Chicago Bears i... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 10
News Bears Sign Wide Receivers Aromashodu and Jackson (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News 6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 Things That Must Change fo... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Peterson 5
News Unlike the Minnesota Vikings, the Minnesota Gop... (Nov '12) Nov '12 DMAN 3
News Minnesota Vikings: Receivers have quiet day as ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 dman 4
News Ponder Starts Taking Steps Forward (Sep '12) Sep '12 Urinal Mints 9
More from around the web