Oakland Raider's Undrafted Gems 2010: Alex Parsons

Jul 17, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Undrafted gems are a good way to fill a team's need. I believe that center Alex Parsons is this year's undrafted gem.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jul 20, 2010

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Jul 17, 2010
Wow I didn't even know that this Alex Parsons guy played center at all. I wonder if the Raiders have been working him there. He seems like he'll be a good upgrade over Satelle.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#2 Jul 19, 2010
A little concerning that he was not drafted by anyone in a year that Center and Guards were considered "weak" in this year's draft. The fact he knows the zone-blocking system can only be a plus. It may work out for him and the Raiders.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Jul 20, 2010
There is always that concern when guys go undrafted. I do remember an undrafted rookie named Barry Sims in 1999 that ended up being our starting left tackle over first round picks from 1998 and 1999 named Mo Collins and Matt Stinchcomb...and in 2004 held off highly touted first round pick Robert Gallery. every now and then you find one that pans out
Freddy

Granger, IN

#4 Jul 20, 2010
TexasRaider wrote:
There is always that concern when guys go undrafted. I do remember an undrafted rookie named Barry Sims in 1999 that ended up being our starting left tackle over first round picks from 1998 and 1999 named Mo Collins and Matt Stinchcomb...and in 2004 held off highly touted first round pick Robert Gallery. every now and then you find one that pans out
Good point and example. Hopefully, it will work out for Parsons and the Raiders. They need help in the middle of the O-Line.
ALZADOISGOD

United States

#5 Jul 20, 2010
Is it too soon to call him the Alex Parsons Project ?(sorry)
Freddy

Granger, IN

#6 Jul 20, 2010
ALZADOISGOD wrote:
Is it too soon to call him the Alex Parsons Project ?(sorry)
Good One!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desmond Bryant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Central Michigan offensive linesman Eric Fisher. (Apr '13) Apr '13 Cook 1
Oakland Raiders 2013 Draft Preview (Apr '13) Apr '13 Haleys Commet 1
AFC West team needs: Raiders in a deep hole (Apr '13) Apr '13 who cares 2
Team needs: Oakland Raiders (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Autumn Wind 26
Raiders take major dead money now for major cap... (Apr '13) Apr '13 touchdowntimmybrown 3
2013 NFL Mock Draft Round 1: Complete Predictions (Mar '13) Mar '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 6
Raiders release DT Tommy Kelly (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dan 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Desmond Bryant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••