"Magic feet"

"Magic feet"

There are 62 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 30, 2007, titled "Magic feet". In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Joseph Addai is one of the NFL's most complete backs. He is a threat running, receiving, blocking, faking, inside, outside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LSU fan

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Nov 30, 2007
Hands down this dude is gifted and he never seems to be scared to just go for it. He also comes across as a very humble guy who apperciates the game. It good to see that in pro sports now days.
Olumide

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Nov 30, 2007
i am vry sick of hering that the colts have the best runningback if they did then why did they lose to the patriots. the patriots are going to the superbowl noone can stop them.
Olumide

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Nov 30, 2007
like i said before the colts are not going to the superbowl the patriots already have a egde on them.
Y2Jcub

Chesterton, IN

#4 Nov 30, 2007
This isn't about the Colts going to the Super Bowl, it's about them having a great running back, and they do. The Colts definitely drafted te right player.
BET

Columbia, SC

#5 Nov 30, 2007
RB's are a dime a dozen in this league...very overrated position!
CotlsFan

Waunakee, WI

#6 Nov 30, 2007
What does this article have to do with the Colts losing to the Patroits? Geez...I for one enjoy reading about Joseph and the strategy taken to draft him vs. the others that were available.

He's a stud and Indy is lucky to have him. Go Joe!!
kleckoismyhero

Louisville, KY

#7 Nov 30, 2007
Olumide wrote:
i am vry sick of hering that the colts have the best runningback if they did then why did they lose to the patriots. the patriots are going to the superbowl noone can stop them.
Apparently you were washing your socks on Nov. 4th. If you cared to watch the game Addai had 226 total yards from scrimmage, a 21 yard run and caught a pass for a 73 yard touchdown. He almost single-handedly won the game. The Patriots had no answer for him in the first half. Had the Colts used him more in the second half they would have easily won. Compared to Maroney, the Colts do have a superior runningback. Addai has twice as many rushing yards and over 200 more receiving yards than Maroney. Addai is ranked 5th among runningbacks, Maroney is way back in 35th position. There may be a few backs in the league who has more rushing yards than Addai, but he is more complete as a receiving threat as well as a great blocker. Next time try using spell check!
SLee

North Judson, IN

#8 Nov 30, 2007
BET wrote:
Yeah its an overrated position...you obviously have never played a snap of football in your life. A dime a dozen in the NFL? Yes, does that make the position overrated? No. How good is a team with no running game? How easy is it to game plan for a team with no running game? Hmmm, lets go nickel and dime all day long, cover three's and clouds. Got a running game? You have to keep 7 or 8 in the box, less db's on the field...nuff said...
BET

Columbia, SC

#9 Nov 30, 2007
Olumide wrote:
This guy is right!
GO Colts

Fort Thomas, KY

#10 Nov 30, 2007
SLee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah its an overrated position...you obviously have never played a snap of football in your life. A dime a dozen in the NFL? Yes, does that make the position overrated? No. How good is a team with no running game? How easy is it to game plan for a team with no running game? Hmmm, lets go nickel and dime all day long, cover three's and clouds. Got a running game? You have to keep 7 or 8 in the box, less db's on the field...nuff said...
This person posts idiotic comments all the time to get a rise out of people. Just ignore him, he'll get bored and go away.
Major Colts Fan

Newport, KY

#11 Nov 30, 2007
CotlsFan wrote:
What does this article have to do with the Colts losing to the Patroits? Geez...I for one enjoy reading about Joseph and the strategy taken to draft him vs. the others that were available.
He's a stud and Indy is lucky to have him. Go Joe!!
Can we have one post where no one mentions the Patriots? Please! The article is about Addai, so talk about Addai, not the freakin Pats. My daughter says he has "happy feet". I like that better! Go Colts!
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#12 Nov 30, 2007
I love watching him dash into a crowd of defenders. He looks like he's swallowed up, then his head pops up above the mass of bodies. Next thing you know, he's shot off to the left, the right, sometimes up the middle, and makes 1st down and more. He's also got great YAC. Well-rounded indeed.
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#13 Nov 30, 2007
BET wrote:
Indigestion, again BET? There are meds for that. Besides isn't it a little early in the morning to be so freakin' bitter?
Our Time

Warwick, MA

#14 Nov 30, 2007
Olumide wrote:
i am vry sick of hering that the colts have the best runningback .
Sorry to hear you're sick. Stay away from here and you might get better.
Bryant Gumble

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 30, 2007
Olumide wrote:
Amazing all you need to do in the NFL is have the best running back and you win every single game. Now that I think about it, Barry Sanders and the Lions did go undefeated all of those years. Thanks for the great analysis!
dwindle

Kaukauna, WI

#16 Nov 30, 2007
Olumide wrote:
maybe you should focus on the ravens
MsCleo

Fernandina Beach, FL

#18 Nov 30, 2007
Major Colts Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Can we have one post where no one mentions the Patriots? Please! The article is about Addai, so talk about Addai, not the freakin Pats. My daughter says he has "happy feet". I like that better! Go Colts!
OK. "Indiana ranks among the most depressed states in the nation, reflecting the fact that fewer mental health professionals practice here than in other states and that many people here who need help do not receive it."

Imagine all the new depressions after Addai is held to 40 yrds and Manning sacked 3 times on Sunday.

Jags 34
Colts 24
skidrow wilson

Glendale, CA

#19 Nov 30, 2007
GO Colts wrote:
<quoted text>
This person posts idiotic comments all the time to get a rise out of people. Just ignore him, he'll get bored and go away.
Well if he is so good at getting a rise outta people...why don't the Clots step it up a bit? This article is about Addai, but apparently many of of Colts fans don't want feel good lame articles we want a SUPERBOWL...

It's sad that we can't compete with the Patriots this year and that is whats really eating our azzes. It's scary to think that we will end up on the back-side of a "New England" cleat again if we are lucky enough to "limp" in to Foxboro.
Our Time

Warwick, MA

#20 Nov 30, 2007
MsCleo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. "Indiana ranks among the most depressed states in the nation, reflecting the fact that fewer mental health professionals practice here than in other states and that many people here who need help do not receive it."
Imagine all the new depressions after Addai is held to 40 yrds and Manning sacked 3 times on Sunday.
Jags 34
Colts 24
Right.

A team that averages 22 points per game is going to score 34 points on the road against a team that hasn't given up more than 24 points to any team all year, including the mighty Pats who average 40 points per game.

And this is the same team that got spanked 29 - 7 on their home field by the team they're now going to score 34 on?

Watcha been drinkin or smokin?
Bob

West Chester, PA

#21 Nov 30, 2007
using Maroneys stats in this case is a bad comparison. Maroney was hurt a few games, shares duties with other backs and the pats are concentrating more on the passing game than the running game.
kleckoismyhero wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you were washing your socks on Nov. 4th. If you cared to watch the game Addai had 226 total yards from scrimmage, a 21 yard run and caught a pass for a 73 yard touchdown. He almost single-handedly won the game. The Patriots had no answer for him in the first half. Had the Colts used him more in the second half they would have easily won. Compared to Maroney, the Colts do have a superior runningback. Addai has twice as many rushing yards and over 200 more receiving yards than Maroney. Addai is ranked 5th among runningbacks, Maroney is way back in 35th position. There may be a few backs in the league who has more rushing yards than Addai, but he is more complete as a receiving threat as well as a great blocker. Next time try using spell check!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derrick Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs should have draft options at receiver (Feb '15) Feb '15 Farce 5
News Chiefs lose LB Johnson with leg injury (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Chiefs' fortunes turn in a hurry in a stunning ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Police arrest fifth suspect in sexual assault o... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Billy R 30
News How Will Kansas City's Defense Do Without Romeo... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Chiefs but 1
News 4 Best Free Agents for Andy Reid, Kansas City C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 badnews59 1
News Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 12/26 (Dec '12) Dec '12 ty schumacher 1
More from around the web