Green Bay Packers really like David Q...

Green Bay Packers really like David Quessenberry - so, who is he?

There are 13 comments on the LombardiAve story from Apr 7, 2013, titled Green Bay Packers really like David Quessenberry - so, who is he?. In it, LombardiAve reports that:

Senior Bowl north squad offensive lineman David Quessenberry of San Jose State prior to kickoff of a game against the Senior Bowl south squad at Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LombardiAve.

Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#1 Apr 8, 2013
He's a cheap third tier player. All the Packers will be able to afford trying to make Gay Rog the most overpaid QB in the NFL
GBPmies

Finland

#2 Apr 8, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
He's a cheap third tier player. All the Packers will be able to afford trying to make Gay Rog the most overpaid QB in the NFL
What are saying the Pakcers should only draft 3rd tier players becasue they can't afford other palyers, do they need to trade back out of the 1st 3 rds then, that is silly LBF rookie ocntracts are that expensive?

Rodgers most overpaid? I don't think so, not even close!
Cuntler is scheduled to make 10,5 mil this year! He sucks!
That is the most "over paid".
Cuntler is then over paid 10 million over his worth making him "most overpaid".
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#3 Apr 8, 2013
Rogers should play for the love of the game
GBPmies

Finland

#4 Apr 8, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Rogers should play for the love of the game
That is what the Bears told Urlacher. ;)

If Rodgers makes 25mil / yr what do you think the contracts for QBs will look like in 4-5 yrs? How much do you think Luck will get when his rookie contract is up? There has to be a limit as to how much you can really give 1 player before it becomes self-defeating or self-defecating, whateverÂ…
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#5 Apr 8, 2013
If the cap does not go up, this will be a problem. Either you have a greay qb but no surrounding talent or a good team but no difference maker at qb. bad for the league imho

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#6 Apr 8, 2013
Between Aaron and Clay, the Pack will have to draft really well every year and hope those 4-7th rounders can actually play because they won't be able to afford any top shelf veterans. The squeeze play is on....
eric

Verona, WI

#7 Apr 8, 2013
The one good thing is Rodgers will still have his current deal and the new deal added to it,In other words a new 5 year deal puts AR in GB for 7 years and some of the new money will be added to his current 9.5M cap number and his 10M next year,so while his contract itself is going to be gaudy,his cap number prob. doesnt hit much higher then 15M so thats doable i believe
The other good point is, there are a few vets who will prob. be cut to save some cash.Mason Crosby being 1 of them and 1 of the handful of TE on the current roster,then next year Finley frees them up 8.5M,Im still convinced Tramon Williams ( unless hes a probowler next year and is totally healthy) is gone with the nerve problem in his shoulder,Hawk is prob gone as well. so thats darn close to 22M right there,but, TT will have to hit on quite a few and the good news is GB is always near the top of the youngest teams in the NFL and they have made the playoffs quite often in the past handful of years,SO, Ted has proven to be a good drafter ( except D line)GB always seems to need them.OLine needed help but you cant help when 2 1st round picks both get hurt and are out at the same time ( Bulaga and Sherrod) shit happens and it did to GB unf. but hopefully both are back this coming up year.
GBPmies

Finland

#8 Apr 8, 2013
40for60 wrote:
Between Aaron and Clay, the Pack will have to draft really well every year and hope those 4-7th rounders can actually play because they won't be able to afford any top shelf veterans. The squeeze play is on....
They might not be able to sign ANY veterans pending how big the two contracts are:)

I mostly worry about the Dline - Almost every player will be a FA in 2014 (Raji, Pickett, Wilson, Neal) They also will have to pony up some money to S Burnnet and bit CB Sheilds too and maybe S Jennings. On offense they have startes C EDS, LT Newhouse, WR J Jones TE Finley all FA in 2014 as well.

I have no idea where the Packers will find the room for them all, not that I want to see them all back but they must be replaced too.

Looks like TT needs to trade back in this draft to get more picks. I hope there are some teams that want to move up into the Packers spot to get a QB...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#9 Apr 9, 2013
eric wrote:
The one good thing is Rodgers will still have his current deal and the new deal added to it,In other words a new 5 year deal puts AR in GB for 7 years and some of the new money will be added to his current 9.5M cap number and his 10M next year,so while his contract itself is going to be gaudy,his cap number prob. doesnt hit much higher then 15M so thats doable i believe
The other good point is, there are a few vets who will prob. be cut to save some cash.Mason Crosby being 1 of them and 1 of the handful of TE on the current roster,then next year Finley frees them up 8.5M,Im still convinced Tramon Williams ( unless hes a probowler next year and is totally healthy) is gone with the nerve problem in his shoulder,Hawk is prob gone as well. so thats darn close to 22M right there,but, TT will have to hit on quite a few and the good news is GB is always near the top of the youngest teams in the NFL and they have made the playoffs quite often in the past handful of years,SO, Ted has proven to be a good drafter ( except D line)GB always seems to need them.OLine needed help but you cant help when 2 1st round picks both get hurt and are out at the same time ( Bulaga and Sherrod) shit happens and it did to GB unf. but hopefully both are back this coming up year.
Eric, New contracts supercede existing contracts so they can spread the cap pain out. If A/r wants to be there for an additional 5 years his deal will be a 7-year deal (assuning its done now.
eric

Verona, WI

#10 Apr 9, 2013
Thats been exactly my point LBF..They will keep his current deal,add years to it and spread the money out over 7 years instead of the 5 hes going to sign.He is currently 9.5M after his new deal,his cap number is prob. 15M or so and next year hes at 10M currently and they can bump it up to 16M,,so thats 11.5M new money eaten already.
There are a few vets like Tramon Williams who can be cut to make space w/o hurting the team a whole lot.
I hope they draft a FB so they can cut or trade Kuhn as well. I think they will be ok,TT seems to be very informed and dedicated as far as the cap is concerned

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11 Apr 14, 2013
Mulligan and Quesenberry.Sounds like the new look Packers below Detroit.Lmao
Mister Pack

Rochester, MN

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Remove your emotions and you will realize that as good as Rodgers is, he couldn't carry Brett Favre's jockstrap to the laundry. Brett was a very special player who saved the franchise from the 1970's, 1980's and the first part of the 1990's that aren't a great chapter in the history of the Packer. In the end TT traded Bret, he didn't want to leave. So Brett is free to make a living where he saw a fit (Minnesota).

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13 Apr 16, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what the Bears told Urlacher. ;)
If Rodgers makes 25mil / yr what do you think the contracts for QBs will look like in 4-5 yrs? How much do you think Luck will get when his rookie contract is up? There has to be a limit as to how much you can really give 1 player before it becomes self-defeating or self-defecating, whateverÂ…
I agree with you on that.Theirs got to be some kind of cap on how much a single player can make so you can assemble a decent team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derek Sherrod Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marshall Newhouse odd man out in Green Bay (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 2
News Don Barclay is making strong push to start at r... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 1
News Extra Points: Teflon Ted is stumbling in Green Bay (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mister Pack 15
News Green Bay Packers Shuffled Offensive Line Looks... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Will Derek Sherrod be a Factor for Green Bay Pa... (Apr '13) May '13 normallylikeyellow 25
News Expectations high once again for Packers (Jul '12) Jul '12 GBPfan 16
News Derek Sherrod or T.J. Lang: Who Will Win Green ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 eric 9
More from around the web