Bob Matthews Best Bets: Atlanta Falco...

Bob Matthews Best Bets: Atlanta Falcons should beat Pittsburgh Steelers decisively

There are 8 comments on the Democrat & Chronicle story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Bob Matthews Best Bets: Atlanta Falcons should beat Pittsburgh Steelers decisively. In it, Democrat & Chronicle reports that:

The Pittsburgh Steelers will begin missing suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday afternoon at home against the Atlanta Falcons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Democrat & Chronicle.

Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#1 Sep 10, 2010
This is typical know-nothing pseudo-analysis. He predicts the Falcons will absolutely trounce the Steelers, based on the fact that the Steelers "no longer have a stellar running game," and that "Dennis Dixon can't be counted on to pick up the slack." I'll bet Bob Matthews can't even name an RB beyond Mendenhall, and that he hasn't paid attention to a single moment of Steelers training-camp or preseason games. And how is the Falcons offense supposed to rack up 23 points on the Steelers D? Well, it's possible, if all you're going by is last year's fantasy stats. It's scary that gamblers might actually be listening to losers like this guy.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#2 Sep 10, 2010
23-10 falcons? are you kidding me? What kind of dipsh!t thinks a bird-team is going to score 23 points against the steelers? lmao! maybe if they popped off 2 or 3 kick or punt returns for TDs but I don't think that will happen.

turner will be held to under 65 yards rushing the mighty black and gold will destroy the bird-team QB. This is going to be all kinds of fun to watch!
steelers 23 - bird-team 6
Guy

Greensburg, PA

#3 Sep 10, 2010
I can understand predicting a Steelers loss; but how do you predict any easy domination? The Steelers D was 5th best in the league last year and has only gotten better with the additions of Polamalu and Smith. Also, Timmons is beginning to play like he might be worth the draft pick we used to get him.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#4 Sep 10, 2010
Guy wrote:
I can understand predicting a Steelers loss; but how do you predict any easy domination? The Steelers D was 5th best in the league last year and has only gotten better with the additions of Polamalu and Smith. Also, Timmons is beginning to play like he might be worth the draft pick we used to get him.
Guy, I haven't seen you on here before, but I like you already. You've summed up the points this Bob Matthews idiot should have known but didn't. Add to them the fact that the CB position is unquestionably improved, no matter what Ron Cook says. Even if McFadden isn't fully healed, Lewis' poor play in Denver was a weird glitch on a night when almost the entire team looked like they'd taken Oxycontin before the game, and even if Gay starts, expect to see a much better player than we saw last year. He kicked his own ass all summer, forcing himself through Tommy Shaw's conditioning camp and playing possessed all the way through camp. And the ST CAN'T be any worse.

Welcome.
Laura

Baltimore, MD

#5 Sep 10, 2010
This article made me cry when I heard that Ben cried after the last game he played last week and I hope Ben has learned his lesson. I'm still divided on my opinion but I'm hoping from this day forward he get's it right.

http://pit.scout.com/2/998599.html

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#6 Sep 10, 2010
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
Guy, I haven't seen you on here before, but I like you already. You've summed up the points this Bob Matthews idiot should have known but didn't. Add to them the fact that the CB position is unquestionably improved, no matter what Ron Cook says. Even if McFadden isn't fully healed, Lewis' poor play in Denver was a weird glitch on a night when almost the entire team looked like they'd taken Oxycontin before the game, and even if Gay starts, expect to see a much better player than we saw last year. He kicked his own ass all summer, forcing himself through Tommy Shaw's conditioning camp and playing possessed all the way through camp. And the ST CAN'T be any worse.
Welcome.
ST could get worse Rex but I'm thinking it won't. the D will have to dominate if arians doesn't learn how to close out a game. I'm tired of him blaming the players for us not having a good running game on short yardage. he doesn't seem to understand how to bludgeon a defense with the run. he abandons it way too early but will stick with the pass regardless of how many sacks and misfires happen. We hang out hopes on the D this season that's for sure.

Since: Mar 10

Gibsonia, PA

#7 Sep 10, 2010
Ya...dah...dee...Ya...dah...da h! This writer is writing out of his dark spot! C'mon 7!

STEELERS ROCK !!!
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#8 Sep 11, 2010
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
ST could get worse Rex but I'm thinking it won't. the D will have to dominate if arians doesn't learn how to close out a game. I'm tired of him blaming the players for us not having a good running game on short yardage. he doesn't seem to understand how to bludgeon a defense with the run. he abandons it way too early but will stick with the pass regardless of how many sacks and misfires happen. We hang out hopes on the D this season that's for sure.
I don't know, Bob--the kick coverage last season might have been the worst I've EVER seen on ANY NFL team. I wonder if anyone's checked out the stats on that...

Couldn't agree more about Arians. As I argued on another thread, if Arians really believed we couldn't gain inches on the ground against the Browns 2nd-string D, then the whole team should have been retired right there and rebuilt from scratch. It was him trying to outthink himself, as usual, and as usual it was a flaming disaster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dennis Dixon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Vick Ranked 21st Best QB In NFL (May '13) Dec '13 just do it 67
News Who has the worst quarterback situation enterin... (Jun '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Report: Kansas City Chiefs interested in tradin... (Feb '13) Feb '13 just do it 3
News Leftwich to start at QB for Steelers on Sunday (Nov '12) Nov '12 We Are Marshall 8
Dixion (Jun '12) Jun '12 Terry 1
News Rashard Mendenhall is Dancing, Too (Mar '11) Mar '11 CLS 09-28-1975 1
News Big Ben to Gentle Ben (Jan '11) Jan '11 Woot 1
More from around the web