NFL Rumors: Why Oakland Raiders Must Cast Darrius Heyward-Bey Adrift

Aug 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

The Buffalo Bills cut ties with Aaron Maybin today, officially conceding that they made a bad pick two years ago.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#1 Aug 17, 2011
Hes time has come and gone

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#2 Aug 17, 2011
there is many reasons why i believe his time is up! and, we shouldn't even invest on him not even for this year. infact, i wouldn't even miss him if he was gone. BUT i gotta say, if he is still here by the beggining of the season, i hope he has a breakout season. that will guarantee his stay. just like mcfadden. "i'm still crossing my fingers" that he does well cause he is a hard worker, study's hard and gives it his all. problem is, his injuries. and with that, his amount of playing time. and with that, less throws from his (qb). eventually they see hope in him in practice!? he has been a dissapointment so far from the stance of a pro football player.
RAIDERS 2011!!!! GO DHBEY!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Aug 17, 2011
The biggest thing is that Al Davis will draft any receiver or corner with 4.2 speed no matter if they can catch the football or not. What hurts DHB is that 2 years ago, he couldn't catch the football and last year along came Jacoby Ford and he could. Now Denarius Moore is stealing the show in camp. Murphy and Schilens are more traditional receivers rather than deep threats. I've been hearing David Hagan's name a lot too. Nick Miller is the punt returner, so that may save his spot. I don't know how many WRs Hue Jackson plans on carrying; normally you carry 5, but Tom Cable carried 6. I hate to see a good worker go, but if he can't get the job done on game day, then we need the guys that can.
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

#4 Aug 17, 2011
Year three is often the make or break year for many talented draft picks who finally "get it", or not. DHB knows he needs to "get it" this year, or a Denarius Moore will gladly come along and take his roster spot. Law of the jungle that is the NFL.

Some West Texas County

#5 Aug 17, 2011
That's right Captain. Buffalo just cut that DL/LB they drafted the year we took DHB for not racking up the stats that a high first round pick should. We cut JBust after 3 years and I wish we had done the same with Huff, but he's actually doing decent now. DMac shined in year 3. Gallery and Nnamdi shined in year 4. Long and forgotten Fabian Washington did decent for us in his second year and was shipped away in year 3. I do think it is make or break for DHB.
mwgfret

Alameda, CA

#6 Aug 17, 2011
Captain Canada wrote:
Year three is often the make or break year for many talented draft picks who finally "get it", or not. DHB knows he needs to "get it" this year, or a Denarius Moore will gladly come along and take his roster spot. Law of the jungle that is the NFL.
I agree with the third year being make or break for many talented draft picks. However Heyward-Bey is a long way from being talented. He's fast, that's all. He sucked in college and continues to do so in the Pros. As receivers go, it doesn't get much worse than Heyward-Bey.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#7 Aug 18, 2011
mwgfret wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the third year being make or break for many talented draft picks. However Heyward-Bey is a long way from being talented. He's fast, that's all. He sucked in college and continues to do so in the Pros. As receivers go, it doesn't get much worse than Heyward-Bey.
The thing about dumping players in the 3rd year is most of their cap hit comes in the 2nd year of the contract
oakraiders25

AOL

#8 Sep 7, 2011
Since the Raiders are weak at cb why not try converting dhb. He's got the speed to cover, sounds crazy but you never know.
oakraiders25

AOL

#9 Sep 7, 2011
Why don't the Raiders take a shot a Maybin, it's hard to for me to believe they can't find a position for this guy. If he would have stayed at Penn State through his Sr. year he would have been a top pick, 6'4" 228 with speed and only 23 he's worth a gamble. Remember he was only 21 when he left Penn State, some of these kids need time i.e. McFadden.

Some West Texas County

#10 Sep 7, 2011
oakraiders25 wrote:
Since the Raiders are weak at cb why not try converting dhb. He's got the speed to cover, sounds crazy but you never know.
You know, that may be worth a shot.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#11 Sep 7, 2011
(wr)________problem
ford________none
dhb_________injuries, route running
murphy______average
n miller____average
moore_______good-rookie
hagan_______+good-vet
schilens____good-injury prone
i have no problems with none of these guys. maybin would be good but our main problem has been injuries. we haven't been able to be consistent with our (wr's) and about the only one was murphy but i don't concider him a great (wr). ford was a rookie, and wwe hardly use n miller. right now, most are healthy and im loving our starters!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#12 Sep 7, 2011
Jags cut David Garrard,,,Raiders should jump on him....

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#13 Sep 7, 2011
there's word that we could,should,would, but i doubt we will. specially with pryor now a RAIDER. but if it was up to me? I WOULD!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#14 Sep 7, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Jags cut David Garrard,,,Raiders should jump on him....
Al Davis lays awake at night fantasizing about jumping on David Garrard

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#15 Sep 7, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Al Davis lays awake at night fantasizing about jumping on David Garrard
SH.T, me too!(LOL). AND you should too. well, unless you fantasize about cuntler still?
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Some West Texas County

#16 Sep 7, 2011
I like Garrard better than Boller, but this late, Garrard would really have to learn our playbook quick.
mwgfret

Alameda, CA

#17 Sep 7, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
I like Garrard better than Boller, but this late, Garrard would really have to learn our playbook quick.
I like most anything better than Boller, even Garrard. How complicated is our playbook? Run right. Run left. Throw the long bomb. Punt. Repeat.
late report

Spring Hill, FL

#18 Sep 7, 2011
Bad news ..........

LB Oris L'Quance suffered a flactrin strain and a torn daslefra ligament during the last exhibition game and is expected to be out until late November according to team doctors.
They're optimistic of a mid October return.
Harvey

Red Hook, NY

#19 Sep 7, 2011
Nice

Some West Texas County

#20 Sep 8, 2011
mwgfret wrote:
<quoted text>
I like most anything better than Boller, even Garrard. How complicated is our playbook? Run right. Run left. Throw the long bomb. Punt. Repeat.
I like Boller better than Jamarcus Russell or Charlie Frye; other than that...I think a better description of our offense is McFadden to the outside, Bush to the inside, Long Bomb...Jacoby Ford makes the catch and he's gone...20...15...10...5...TOUC HDOWN RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denarius Moore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Things Oakland Raiders Must Accomplish During... Jun '14 Haleys Commet 7
Reggie McKenzie Strikes the Wrong Note in Claim... May '14 Haleys Commet 1
Raiders claim WR Greg Little off waivers May '14 Haleys Commet 2
5 Creative Moves the New York Jets Can Pull on ... Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Four of ten worst catch rates made up of curren... Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Oakland Raiders Rumors: DeSean Jackson a Perfec... Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 43
Charles Woodson wants DeSean Jackson on Oakland... Apr '14 Go Blue Forever 7
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000