Why the Oakland Raiders Need Terrelle Pryor to Line Up at Multiple Positions

There are 10 comments on the Rant Sports story from May 1, 2013, titled Why the Oakland Raiders Need Terrelle Pryor to Line Up at Multiple Positions. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

The 6'5 240 pound Terrelle Pryor has been steadfast in his belief that he can become a starting quarterback in the NFL although many scouts disagree with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#1 May 2, 2013
pryor has not lost his starting job even though it appears that way. you gotta battle to the end! but you know what? this article is right. you may want to be a (qb). marcus allen wanted to be a (qb)! but if in case you don't make it, t pryor, don't give up on the other options. you never know, with your speed and talent? you never know, give your next option a shot! just give in to it if opportunity comes up! but if (qb) is an option elsewhere, it's your call. i just pretty much say, if olson and sparano can find a spot you can win here? take it. it would be cool to use your talents here.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
raiderfaith

Linden, NC

#2 May 3, 2013
Lost the starting job? He never had the starting job. He was third string. If Pryor wants the starting job he has to prove it, he obviously hasn't done that or he would be the starter. Nothing against him. But everyone wants to give him a chance..why? He has to earn it in practice. He hasn't.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#3 May 3, 2013
i misquoted or it didn't sound right the way i wrote about him losing his starting job. and i do feel he does deserve a shot and has to earn and prove himself. and i know if he earned it he would have had it. about why everyone wants to give him a chance? cause he's a RAIDER at the position. but it's not so much that i want him as a starter. i was basically reading about this story and was basically trying to say that if he don't make it as a (qb) here, i hope they find a spot for him in the team.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
wiscraider

Eau Claire, WI

#4 May 3, 2013
The way he played last pre-season,and the game against Chargers last season,showed me that the team plays hard for him...let's remember he threw for 2tds & ran for 50&td...With Soprano in town this can only be a positive...yes I agree Flynn deserves a chance too,but don't count TP out yet from starting,too me he gives a demention this offence will need....

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#5 May 3, 2013
pryor does play hard. he studies hard. AND, he's in position to still earn the starting job. yeah, they 'gave' the starting job to matt flynn automatically. but just in case he doesn't keep the starting position, they hired a new (qb) rookie in the draft. or two? and have more visiting the team.. mckenzie say's he wants to go into camp with at least four (qb's). unless wilson surprizes and wins the job, it's up to pryor to take the position. why i say he still has a chance? cause we now have olson and sparano to call the shots. look, i love a running (qb). pryor is that! he had a lil problem completing passes, but who's to say he hasn't gotten better? thing about that is that i have an issue about a "running" (qb), and that is that he risk's injury pretty fast because of the hits he will take as he tries to run. it happens to all running (qb's). injury waiting to happen! so, personally, i prefer a pocket (qb) that can scramble around in the pocket and run if he is asked to or needs to. but hell, he needs great protection as well. i don't care how we all look at it. the starting job was given to flynn by mckenzie and maybe coach allen, but it's up to the coaches of the (O)(sparano and olson) and what they plan together. this move starting matt flynn sounded like a "al davis" dictator call to me by mckenzie? matt flynn has not even started a game here! allen does not trust pryor. wilson gets picked up in the draft. so the starting position should have been given in training camp! not because flynn was chosen by mckenzie in green bay! it really should have read, "the job is terrelle pryor's job to lose in oakland". just saying!
i've said it before, it would be funny if flynn lost his starting job to another wilson!(lol).
RAIDERS 2013!!!
raiderfaith

Linden, NC

#6 May 3, 2013
I didn't mean that towards you RM. Just a general statement. I really don't care which one starts. I just want the best qb to shine for us. Doesn't matter who.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#7 May 3, 2013
raiderfaith wrote:
I didn't mean that towards you RM. Just a general statement. I really don't care which one starts. I just want the best qb to shine for us. Doesn't matter who.
AHAHAHAHA!(LOL), check me out getting all on the defensive!(lol), naugh, i wasn't, but i was trying to correct myself because i didn't want to sound like i was all for pryor starting. no, but i'm cool.(lol) and thanks!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Captain Canada

Hartney, Canada

#8 May 4, 2013
I'm looking forward to the QB competition in camp. Nobody should ordain Flynn anything until the rubber meets the road.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#9 May 6, 2013
No, no and no. This is silly and should not be done. He has shown enough talent as a QB. Keep him there.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#10 May 6, 2013
That was in response to the general thread lol, not the convo in here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denarius Moore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders have to settle for moral victory (Sep '14) Sep '14 That Fart Guy 10
News 5 Things Oakland Raiders Must Accomplish During... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Haleys Commet 7
News Reggie McKenzie Strikes the Wrong Note in Claim... (May '14) May '14 Haleys Commet 1
News Raiders claim WR Greg Little off waivers (May '14) May '14 Haleys Commet 2
News 5 Creative Moves the New York Jets Can Pull on ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Four of ten worst catch rates made up of curren... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Oakland Raiders Rumors: DeSean Jackson a Perfec... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 43
More from around the web