Panthers Slow Falcons for 10-3 Victory

Panthers Slow Falcons for 10-3 Victory

There are 7 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 24, 2006, titled Panthers Slow Falcons for 10-3 Victory . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

The Carolina Panthers snapped a four-game losing streak and all but ended Atlanta's playoff hopes Sunday, beating the Falcons 10-3 by shutting down the league's top running attack.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Since: Dec 06

Bladenboro, NC

#1 Dec 24, 2006
John Fox mention earlier in the season that "Weinke was not a viable option at this time". After his embrassing display of quarterback ability or the lack thereof.Why is he still in Charlotte.This is the NFL(Not for Long).Coach Fox please give this team the tools to compete in the league.If not effective you must remove the weakess link.I donot see any particular reason you keep a quarterback that you donot allow to throw pass.I guess you donot trust to throw a pass.
ray

Overland Park, KS

#2 Dec 25, 2006
Geez, the Panthers won the game, right? Weinke threw the game's only TD, right? And I seem to remember him passing for more than 400 yards his first game back off the bench, right? Give the guy a break already.
rdc5445

Clover, SC

#3 Dec 25, 2006
I, A 52 YEAR-OLD NON-ATHLETE, COULD HAVE PROBABLY THROWN AS WELLAS WEINKE!! SHOW ME THE DOUGH HE GETS AND I'LL EVEN TAKE THE SACKS HE'S TAKEN.

Bladenboro, NC

#4 Dec 25, 2006
ray wrote:
Geez, the Panthers won the game, right? Weinke threw the game's only TD, right? And I seem to remember him passing for more than 400 yards his first game back off the bench, right? Give the guy a break already.
He pass for more than 400 yards in a losing effort right... We have given him about 5 seasons matter of fact no pun intended.This is a business for heavens sake.These are professional athletes I do recall.This means they get paided for their abilities to perform at any given moment right...
foster fan

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2006
I do agree that Weinke is not a good backup option. Jake is good, but we need someone that we KNOW can put together some wins if we get in a situation like this. Jeff Garcia is a great example of that. He is old, but he can get the job done. I think we should definitely draft a QB in the first round and see if we can sneak a guy like Brady Quinn or David Booty. They can sit for a year or two and then take over for Jake then.
smith

Matthews, NC

#6 Dec 28, 2006
A better question is why Fox and Henning are still on the payroll rather than Weinke. Its hard to show what you can do when you've been on the bench for 4 years. 2 games is not an accurate gauge since your playing on a crappy team thats already quit. Im sick of all you Weinke bashers. Whats Dudlomme done, absolutely nothing. He was 6-6 when he went out. How soon you all forget all of his fumbles and floaters for ints.

Bladenboro, NC

#7 Dec 28, 2006
smith wrote:
A better question is why Fox and Henning are still on the payroll rather than Weinke. Its hard to show what you can do when you've been on the bench for 4 years. 2 games is not an accurate gauge since your playing on a crappy team thats already quit. Im sick of all you Weinke bashers. Whats Dudlomme done, absolutely nothing. He was 6-6 when he went out. How soon you all forget all of his fumbles and floaters for ints.
Didnot win win the Heisman Trophy in college. Why did he sit on the bench for four years? Please answer?Wasted money huh.The Heisman is awarded to the top offensive and I mean offensive player for that year right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeAngelo Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carolina Panthers injury updates: RB Jonathan S... (Dec '14) Dec '14 BonerRants Part 2 3
News DeAngelo Williams gives up business-class seat ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Tobar 1
News Newton focused on results, not speed (May '13) Sep '13 Jim1 2
News Carolina Panthers: Ted Ginn Jr. Signing Overloo... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ted Ginn Family 2
News Former Carolina Panthers safety Chris Harris no... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Panthers In Danger Of Losing Fans (Nov '12) Nov '12 Harry Horton 2
News NFL Trade Rumors: Viable Chance Exists that Pan... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web