Getting the boot from Raiders shocks Hall

Nov 7, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Calgary Herald

Thursday night's Broncos-Browns NFL game was still in progress at press time. For coverage, please log on to calgaryherald.com The agent for DeAngelo Hall said the Oakland Raiders' release of Hall eight games ...

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2008
Renee

Ford City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

I think it was a big mistake getting rid of Hall.That was only one of just a few things they had going for them.I'm sure someone will grab him up.
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Renee wrote:
I think it was a big mistake getting rid of Hall.That was only one of just a few things they had going for them.I'm sure someone will grab him up.
Hall is a very good player and the Raiders gave him a huge contract to be a man-to-man shut down corner. Unfortunately, Hall was not that player and the Raiders have to resign Asomugha (a true shut-down corner) which will require big bucks. The Raiders asked Hall to renegotiate his contract to eliminate a 16 million dollor injury clause and Hall would not. His departure has caused a lot of disruption on the Raiders. It's too bad the Raiders offered this type of contract that they could not honor for the long term in the salary cap era and Hall did not see his performance was tied directly to the contract given. At least the Raiders are willing to correct their "mistakes" now. In the past, the Raider-fans had to suffer much longer with denial-issues from the front office.
Jokeland

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Asomugha (a true shut-down corner)...if this is the case, why are the Raiders about to go 2-7?

He sucks like the rest of the roster.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent DeAngelo Hall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ponder injures non-throwing shoulder (Nov '13) Nov '13 Magnum Man II 9
Redskins Mailbag (Nov '13) Nov '13 cscowardin 1
2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
Redskins to Meet with Veteran CB Antoine Winfie... (Mar '13) Mar '13 viking nation 1
Redskins' free agency starts quietly: Santana M... (Mar '13) Mar '13 skinsfan90 1
Dallas Cowboys Want To Sign DeAngelo Hall As A ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Always the Star 3
The Biggest Question Marks Surrounding the Reds... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Walez 1

Search the DeAngelo Hall Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••