McAlister done for the season

McAlister done for the season

There are 86 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 7, 2008, titled McAlister done for the season. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister plans to have season-ending knee surgery, coach John Harbaugh announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Matthew

Valencia, CA

#1 Nov 7, 2008
I think this is a sign from the football gods saying get him now so that in the offseason we can get a reciever in the draft
unbelievaboh

Baltimore, MD

#2 Nov 7, 2008
"the Raven way"

does that involve a full length white fur coat, stretched SUVs and a bloody knife? lol
unbelievaboh

Baltimore, MD

#3 Nov 7, 2008
... or getting caught using a cell phone to unload some blow? lol
gbw

Glen Burnie, MD

#4 Nov 7, 2008
Its time to end Cmacs place with the ravens. Just one more leftover from the billick team gone. Who wi;; the tv stations get now to replace him.
Rafael Joseph McFadden

Silver Spring, MD

#5 Nov 7, 2008
This is good news, let C-Mac get surgery and heel up for the rest of the season. Then go after Hall who is a speedy CB with cover skills, and then sign him again for next year and get rid of Rolle and Frank Walker. Keep Fabian Washington as a nickel back. That way when C-Mac comes back we have to good CB in C-Mac and Hall something we haven't had since Starks and C-Mac. Then go after a deep threat WR. Let Clayton stick around for another year and if he is the same old Clayton we have to say goodbye.
unbelievaboh

Baltimore, MD

#6 Nov 7, 2008
Rafael Joseph McFadden wrote:
This is good news, let C-Mac get surgery and heel up for the rest of the season. Then go after Hall who is a speedy CB with cover skills, and then sign him again for next year and get rid of Rolle and Frank Walker. Keep Fabian Washington as a nickel back. That way when C-Mac comes back we have to good CB in C-Mac and Hall something we haven't had since Starks and C-Mac. Then go after a deep threat WR. Let Clayton stick around for another year and if he is the same old Clayton we have to say goodbye.
wake up! c-mac and his tude are finally done with this team.
unbelievaboh

Baltimore, MD

#7 Nov 7, 2008
i used to frequent the same bar as c-mac. he'd park his yellow hummer in the fire lane in front like he owned the place.
Bob

Cockeysville, MD

#8 Nov 7, 2008
Rafael Joseph McFadden wrote:
Sir you have seen the last of c mac as you so fondly refer to him as for the last time in a raven uniform. I told everybody 2 weeks ago that he was going to season ending surgery and i will also still standby the fact that he will be given a injury settlement or his out right release sometime in the very near future. There is no way the ravens will pay him 16 million over the next 2 years for a guy who is i year older and 1 more year slower and less effective. Don't let the door hit you in your A##. He is just another player that didn't fit into coach harbaugh's framework.There are a few more that still need to be weeded out and you will see that happen before next year. A new Sheriff is in town boy's so you better get use to it.

Since: Aug 08

Chestertown, MD

#9 Nov 7, 2008
I repeat: DeAngelo Hall does not have the necessary character to play solid team football and the only great game he has played all season is against our soft recievers who you'd be lucky to see go up and fight for the football.

Hall melted down on the field several times in Atlanta and has done the same in Oakland this year. He showed no respect for Lane Kiffin. What makes you think he will show respect for another young HC in Harbaugh.

He managed to be the first player cut in a rare clean house effort by Al Davis of the players. That should speak volumes there.

Do not sign him. Get your corner in the draft next year. Let McAlister come back healthy and let him play until his contract runs out. Let Fabian Washington battle Rolle for the #2 spot with a solid rookie draft pick battling Walker for the 4th.
mike- nottingham

Baltimore, MD

#10 Nov 7, 2008
Too bad he did not make this decision BEFORE the Colts game.
Grub

Hyattsville, MD

#11 Nov 7, 2008
Hall is going to the 'skins
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/
Josh

Royal Oak, MI

#12 Nov 7, 2008
Randy Moss looked liked crap in Oakland and when he signed with the Pats, he started playing like the best wide reciever he once was in Minnesota. The same could happen for Hall. I'm not making any guarantees but it could happen.
Ravens

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#13 Nov 7, 2008
There is no chance that Hall becomes a Ravens as Adam Schefter on NFL.com reports he signed a 1 year deal with the Skins.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/
Tired of The BS

Elkridge, MD

#14 Nov 7, 2008
sun paper allways a day late and a dollar short. Hall going to skins.
Marcus

Henniker, NH

#15 Nov 7, 2008
Yeah I think that's it for C-Mac as a Raven and now they'll make an even bigger push for Hall, if he does join the team I hope Ray can keep him under control. He is a guy that could potentially disrupt the team chemistry.
Big Herb

Niceville, FL

#16 Nov 7, 2008
Shudom wrote:
I repeat: DeAngelo Hall does not have the necessary character to play solid team football and the only great game he has played all season is against our soft recievers who you'd be lucky to see go up and fight for the football.
Hall melted down on the field several times in Atlanta and has done the same in Oakland this year. He showed no respect for Lane Kiffin. What makes you think he will show respect for another young HC in Harbaugh.
He managed to be the first player cut in a rare clean house effort by Al Davis of the players. That should speak volumes there.
Do not sign him. Get your corner in the draft next year. Let McAlister come back healthy and let him play until his contract runs out. Let Fabian Washington battle Rolle for the #2 spot with a solid rookie draft pick battling Walker for the 4th.
Why should Hall respect the new ypung head coach? Because there happens to be a guy named RAY LEWIS on the defensive team to rein him in if he causes any problems. He'd learn real quick how to show the proper respect for all members of the team.
Zack

AOL

#17 Nov 7, 2008
Cya-Mac
Rafael Joseph McFadden

Silver Spring, MD

#18 Nov 7, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Sir you have seen the last of c mac as you so fondly refer to him as for the last time in a raven uniform. I told everybody 2 weeks ago that he was going to season ending surgery and i will also still standby the fact that he will be given a injury settlement or his out right release sometime in the very near future. There is no way the ravens will pay him 16 million over the next 2 years for a guy who is i year older and 1 more year slower and less effective. Don't let the door hit you in your A##. He is just another player that didn't fit into coach harbaugh's framework.There are a few more that still need to be weeded out and you will see that happen before next year. A new Sheriff is in town boy's so you better get use to it.
He'll be back mark my words, he didn't want to have surgery in the first place but it was a necessity. Ravens fans kill me, when guy tries to go out there and play hurt you don't give him credit when he finally decides to sit out you hassle the man. YOU ARE NOT A FOOTBALL PLAYER, NOR ARE YOU A PART OF THE RAVENS ORGANIZATION. WHY DON'T WE STOP TRYING TO RUN THE TEAM AND LET THOSE WHO ARE IN THOSE POSITIONS DO IT. I don't you have any athleticism in your entire body. What attitude does the guy have, he has been one of our most behaved star players

“Trust, but Verify”

Since: Oct 08

Baltimore, MD

#19 Nov 7, 2008
Think of all the penalty yardage the Raven won't give up anymore!
eman

Newark, DE

#20 Nov 7, 2008
Its ashame the Ravens didnt make a bigger push for Hall. Now the Skins get him and we are left with even less depth at secondary

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeAngelo Hall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ponder injures non-throwing shoulder (Nov '13) Nov '13 Magnum Man II 9
News Redskins Mailbag (Nov '13) Nov '13 cscowardin 1
News 2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
News Redskins to Meet with Veteran CB Antoine Winfie... (Mar '13) Mar '13 viking nation 1
News Redskins' free agency starts quietly: Santana M... (Mar '13) Mar '13 skinsfan90 1
News Dallas Cowboys Want To Sign DeAngelo Hall As A ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Always the Star 3
News The Biggest Question Marks Surrounding the Reds... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Walez 1
More from around the web