It's time to put the Super Bowl rings...

It's time to put the Super Bowl rings away

There are 15 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 30, 2007, titled It's time to put the Super Bowl rings away. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

First things first for the Indianapolis Colts. Hide the ring. Lock it in a safe-deposit box.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Since: Mar 07

Channahon, IL

#1 Jul 31, 2007
O.K., Bob doesn't need to search for controversy anymore. People will find it where there is none. What a goldmine a Sociologist can find at his fingertips with the blogisphere. Just read the following..
BostonJohn

Coatesville, PA

#2 Jul 31, 2007
Lend it to Tom Brady???? Ummmmmm he has three, he doesn't need to borrow one!
dell15

Arcadia, IN

#3 Jul 31, 2007
"They need to see if Tony Ugoh, the rookie left tackle, is ready to replace Tarik Glenn."

Um...something tells me the answer there is going to be "no." And that will lead to a lot of rushed throws until the new guy fits into the system. I was wondering why they don't move Deim over to the left side until the rookie's ready to protect the blind spot?
showyourselves

Erlanger, KY

#4 Jul 31, 2007
This from the guy who criticized every aspect of the team throughout last year. How's that bandwagon feeling now Bob?
Michael Cooper

United States

#5 Jul 31, 2007
BostonJohn wrote:
He was thinking we would trade him (Tom Brady) another one for Kevin Garnett. You see here in Indy, Bob write's on everything!
GO COLTS

Marysville, OH

#6 Jul 31, 2007
Just what is the real deal with C Simon?

Of course Ugoh isn't ready to replace Glenn. Who in their right mind would expect a rookie to replace a Pro Bowl veteran like Glenn right out of the box?

I have all the faith in the world that this years team will be a winning team. Winning another Super Bowl is like everything else at this level. It takes a lot of talent, skill, and luck. You have to rely on things to happen in your favor in each step to another Championship. Just like in racing ... it's not always the fastest car that whens ... just the one that's there at the end.

GO COLTS!!!
GO COLTS

Marysville, OH

#7 Jul 31, 2007
Opps ....*lol*... make that "wins"
Edd

United States

#8 Jul 31, 2007
BostonJohn wrote:
i heard he was going to give one as a gift to each babys mommma, so he can take all he can get. supposedly he was hitting up terry bradshaw too.
Hopeful

Bloomington, IN

#9 Jul 31, 2007
As long as Ugoh learns to do a decent job by the playoffs I could care less. Hes got 5 preseason games, and 16 regular season games to get a feel for the position. With Mudd as the coordinator that should be enough for him to do a decent job, and Manning has been on his scrambling.
IUFan

Palo Alto, CA

#10 Jul 31, 2007
football sux....bring on basketball
Mookie

Orlando, FL

#11 Jul 31, 2007
July is almost over, and really it won't be missed. But the Colts will miss June...Cato that is! And Cato will miss the Colts. Granted, Tampa Bay isn't Arizona, but ask Edge about playing with a bunch of losers! Jon the Big Man Gruden hasn't proven that he's taking the Buc's anywhere. His only claim to fame is that he took Tony's team to a Bowl. Since then, he's proven is own worth. Good luck Cato! Wish you would've stuck around for another shot at it! But, I guess all you athletes are the same...just care about the money! Good luck Colts...sounds as if we'll need a bunch of that to "make it all work out."
showyourselves

Erlanger, KY

#12 Jul 31, 2007
IUFan wrote:
I guess people like football because they win.
Ryan

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2007
showyourselves wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess people like football because they win.
And those people are called fair-weather fans and bandwangoners.
rob

Benton Harbor, MI

#14 Jul 31, 2007
IUFan wrote:
Of course you think football sucks...you're an IU fan! Maybe if your hoosiers had a football team that could actually win a few games, you might get into it more. Word of advice for IU football fans...Petition to drop down to DII!
Reed

Andover, MA

#15 Aug 1, 2007
It's amazing how much authority Peyton has on this team. He doesn't "let" his rookies wear letter jackets or bowl gear. He talks about fines for wearing their rings.

I'm not complaining. The guy deserves it. Without him this team would be nowhere. I also love how he tells his receivers about pre-camp sessions in March "You don't have to come. But I don't have to throw to you."

Peyton = best QB ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daymeion Hughes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Horseshoes Feeling Lucky? (Sep '07) Sep '07 NFL-Insider 2
News Colts sign draft pick Clint Session (Jul '07) Aug '07 Better D 24
News Simon status still a mystery (Jul '07) Jul '07 kenny 28
News Colts begin training camp in Terre Haute (Jul '07) Jul '07 Larry W 4
More from around the web