Suggs: Smith 'better man'

Full story: Baltimore Sun

"But like I said, in the end, Troy should be the starter [because he's] the better man for the job." Smith, the 2006 Heisman Trophy winner at Ohio State , was considered the front-runner for the starting job in ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 164 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2009
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Bob S

Augusta, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Nice display of intelligence by Suggs. Brilliant. Must be a member of Mensa.
Kevin

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Sugg's needs to shut his trap and just play football. This is the kind of attitude this team is trying to get away of. Keep your comments to yourself and just go out and produce because next thing you know Sugg's is your getting another salary cap and getting dumped off to a team dumb enough to pay you the type of money you think your worth. We have a pure pass rusher in the making in Antwan Barnes and it's only a mattor of time till he starts making sacks and you fade off in the distance of a great Baltimore Ravens defense.
James from Carroll County

Finksburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Suggs should STFU and play defense.
patrick

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

So Suggs has one good game (versus Miami, another of those teams "in the bottom of the league", maybe?) and now he's some sort of quasi Sensei?

My favorite part is Suggs' belief that Smith is the "better man." WTF?
smelly tramp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

I like his game, but I hate it when semiliterate millionaires talk about anything. Thank god he can play football or we'd be paying tax dollars to keep him alive.
SevernDave

Fort George G Meade, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

All you gotta do is listen to Suggs speak ONE TIME and it's plain to hear what a mental midget he is!! Saying something this stupid to possibly damage team unity just proves it. Hopefully, Harbaugh is on a mission to cut out the cancer on the team. Suggs can take his fat mouth and over-inflated ego somewhere else. He ain't all that!!! Now if he were to bust Hines Ward in the face and hurt him, THEN I'd be the biggest Suggs fan in the WORLD!!!!
Mr Football

Mount Rainier, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

This just in. Suggs prefers Obama over McCain!!!
CPBELL

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Suggs is basically an animal who is sort of good at knocking people over. Oh by the way, he is paid millions for this "skill." Why not just keep quiet and thank the gods that you are in this situation?
No, T-Sizzle has to share his wisdom with all of us. Hey T-Sizzle- advice for you ... "STOP TALKING" you stupid ape.

p.s. I love the way he always shows up late to his own local radio show- can you imagine showing up late to your own show?

He should be kept in a zoo.
Tone

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Troy was the starter but he got sick. so the coach also thought he should have started over Flacco. The truth is that Joe has more upside and he's learning each week. Troy only played a few games but I didn't see the progression each game like I see with Flacco. Troy never got a chance after getting sick and he'll never start in Baltimore because Joe is our guy.Plain and simple.
BigdaddyRaven

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

So what happens if he really didn't say it like it was reported? You know reporters are known to embellish some. And as far as the Obama comment or the animal comment, they both are beneath contempt unless you can say it to his face. Internet Cowards!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Judged:

CPBELL wrote:
Suggs is basically an animal who is sort of good at knocking people over. Oh by the way, he is paid millions for this "skill." Why not just keep quiet and thank the gods that you are in this situation?
No, T-Sizzle has to share his wisdom with all of us. Hey T-Sizzle- advice for you ... "STOP TALKING" you stupid ape.
p.s. I love the way he always shows up late to his own local radio show- can you imagine showing up late to your own show?
He should be kept in a zoo.
I love it when people (fans) show their true color and express how they really feel. Suggs comment (ill-advised) was just an excuse to do it. Hey to all you "animals" out there that should be kept in a zoo, have you notice how lately it's hard to find white linen in stores. Think on that for awhile.
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Yo Sizzle..just keep playing football and stay off the airwaves dawg!!
hfdg

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Suggs is right, what's the big deal? It really doesn't matter because Ozzie/Eric will draft Sean Shaefer in the 1st rd. next year.
hfdg

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

News Flash: hicks prefer McCain!
Tanisha

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

I read the article and I saw nothing wrong with Suggs saying Troy and Joe bring atributes to the QB spot BUT I wish people would get their facts straight on Troy!

Troy got sick BEFORE the QB position was filled so Joe had to step in. Now I'm a Buckeye-Raven BUT the team needs continuity and consistency. If it were Troy playing and Joe got sick I would still say the same.

Thanks Troy for autographing your #10 Heisman jersey for my Osu daughter!!!!! She will wear your #10 Ravens jersey with Buckeye-Raven luvvvvvv!
Tanisha

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Shout out to the Raven community rep Kenny Abrams as well for helping me SHOCK my Osu baby!!!!!
T Drizzle

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

I've been to Sugg's radio show, he has trouble putting together coherent sentences. Though he is a good player he has no business speaking in public on matters out of his job description. The "bounty" remarks are going to wind up hurting the Ravens in the long run, it's not like we are friends with the league/refs anyway. I do agree that Harbaugh is cleaning up the organization though it will take a little time. Full time Ravens fan, part time optimist. GO RAVENS
Mike

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

I think Suggs is right about Ward. He is a dirty player, and takes cheap shots every chance he gets.

Its hard to understand why Suggs got that roughing the passer call....he hardly even touched him....yet...Hines Ward takes cheap shots and breaks jaws....and nobody says a word.

Oh wow...Samari Rolle...out again....theres a suprise. What are the Ravens keeping him for? Year after year, its something else with this guy.

Rolle is still a good player, IMO....but what does that mean if you're never on the field?
Mix it Up

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Suggs is a punk, pure and simple, and I say let him go. I would rather have quality players with INTEGRITY than some of the punks we have (McAlister, Suggs, Frank Walker, McGahee, Bart Scott). They all have big mouths, all get stupid penalites when they are trash talking or doing other stupid things (see McAlister). Get rid of the cancers. Start with Suggs. I would still trade him in a heartbeat for Boldin, once Boldin is cleared and ready to play.

No one wants to say it, but anyone who thinks Smith should play over Flacco is saying so because of race and nothing else.
Perm

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

OK Ravens fans who know what they are talking about beacuse they watch every game intently, Suggs is a good player. His comments (whatever they are) were INCREDIBLY stupid. This is supposed to be a "team". I could go on for an hour about this beacuse I am so f-in tired of this team falling below expectations, and NOT JUST ON THE FIELD expectations but overall organization expectations. Look at Tennesse. You going to sit here and tell me that they have more talent then we have? NO WAY but they win because they are a TEAM!!!!!!!! The Ravens need to let go of 2000 and start playing to win. Suggs needs to SHUT UP and play. Get your stupid ten sacks and request "Freeney" money Suggs cause in a different defensive system your not a pro bowler but a college SAM linebacker. GO RAVENS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dawan Landry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calvin Pace: Jets have 'the best' defense in th... Jul 28 Belichick 2
Jets' Rex Ryan raves about Calvin Pryor, who sa... May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 NFL Mock Draft, Week ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Contrarian 1
Nevermore, New England (Jan '10) Jan '10 wahhhhhh 2
Vick to get courage award, NFL fans in Baltimor... (Dec '09) Jan '10 proud hater 6
Secret documents and big loss to Cowboys - news... (Jan '10) Jan '10 NONO Palin 2
Eagles players honor Michael Vick with award fo... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Todd Palin 4

Search the Dawan Landry Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••