Unlikely hero Tyree makes catch of a ...

Unlikely hero Tyree makes catch of a lifetime

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 3, 2008, titled Unlikely hero Tyree makes catch of a lifetime. In it, Newsday reports that:

GLENDALE, Ariz. - To grasp just how unlikely David Tyree's clutch performance was Sunday night, understand this: He had more receiving yards and touchdowns in Super Bowl XLII than he did in his entire 2007 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

PJM

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2008
He was the MVP, way to go Tyree!!! Or at least co-mvp, Eli did a great job getting free. D-line was also MVPs, I think Eli should let everyone borrow the truck ;^) Great job all around from the Defense & Offense.
Jim

East Quogue, NY

#2 Feb 4, 2008
I guess David Tyree is the new Phil McConkey.
lamartrotti

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2008
Jim wrote:
I guess David Tyree is the new Phil McConkey.
That was in incredible catch. And Eli's scrambling around helped a lot.
All in all the Giants saw the end zone and there was no stopping them.
What a ending to a great Super Bowl game.
Just Saying

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2008
Simply amazing catch, and great all-around play by the entire team, especially the defense, who sacked Brady 5 times, and kept the pressure on him the whole game.
RodneyStillMyMan

Burlington, MA

#5 Feb 4, 2008
I've lost NO respect for Rodney, who no doubt wishes he could have twitched, or done something, to jar Tyree before Tyree seemed to land on Rodney as a "cushion" while doing the magic super-glue trick on the ball.

Hope he's up for one more year...though the "perfect" season was really a lot of good fortune on some games. Will wait to see what 2008 brings!
GMEN Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Feb 4, 2008
RodneyStillMyMan wrote:
I've lost NO respect for Rodney, who no doubt wishes he could have twitched, or done something, to jar Tyree before Tyree seemed to land on Rodney as a "cushion" while doing the magic super-glue trick on the ball.
Hope he's up for one more year...though the "perfect" season was really a lot of good fortune on some games. Will wait to see what 2008 brings!
rodneys fat, slow, short azz will be replaced within 2 weeks...
Kevin Carrick

AOL

#7 Feb 5, 2008
Considering no one expected the Giants to even be in the Super Bowl, the way they got there, the magnitude of Tyree's catch and the whole Giants season in general, the reception should be nicknamed 'LEAP OF FATE'
Kevin - Park Ridge

AOL

#8 Feb 5, 2008
"The ELIMANNator"
PJM

United States

#9 Feb 7, 2008
Kevin Carrick wrote:
Considering no one expected the Giants to even be in the Super Bowl, the way they got there, the magnitude of Tyree's catch and the whole Giants season in general, the reception should be nicknamed 'LEAP OF FATE'
That's a good name for the play, better than some of the others in the newsday poll. But it leaves out Mannings escape. Why must we have a catchy name for this play. Just call it what it is, "The greatest, most incredible play in Super Bowl history." Or just the greatest play EVER!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Tyree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heroics and blunders highlight past Super Bowls (Feb '10) Feb '10 Bob Roberts 4
News Top 10 NFL signature moments of the 2000s (Dec '09) Jan '10 putapeta08 8
News Giants ' upset win leaves the Patriots looking ... (Feb '08) Jan '10 Rockin pat fan 242
News Quinn's house reportedly for sale | The Columbu... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Clowns 28
News Ravens sign former Super Bowl hero Tyree (Oct '09) Oct '09 Butchy 1
News Ex-Dolphin Zach Thomas cut by Chiefs (Sep '09) Sep '09 Edward Carson 1
News Manningham ready for breakout season for Giants (Jun '09) Jun '09 tommy v 9