A Giant shocker

A Giant shocker

There are 62 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 4, 2008, titled A Giant shocker. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

From their owner to their star receiver, the New York Giants told everyone that they would win the Super Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Völklingen, Germany

#2 Feb 4, 2008
Too bad for AD, but Harrison being outjumped on that pass- that one will stick with him. There's a big lid on Pats fans self righteousness. The cheaters got beat, and I think that is only fair. Way to go New York !!! You desoive it !!! Btw,Plax, you dont look so stupid now...
mred

Parkville, MD

#3 Feb 4, 2008
I hope Belicheat filmed this game.
John

Baltimore, MD

#4 Feb 4, 2008
Belicheat & the Pats are the most classless losers I have ever seen. They couldn't even stay on the field until the game was finished. Classless.
Jack12345

Fort George G Meade, MD

#5 Feb 4, 2008
John wrote:
Belicheat & the Pats are the most classless losers I have ever seen. They couldn't even stay on the field until the game was finished. Classless.
Completely agree - How can anyone say this is America's Team - No Class

Brian Billick - The Laziest Coach in Football

Since: Sep 07

Midlothian, Virginia

#6 Feb 4, 2008
Belicjick answered 7 questions and stepped away from the mike! WOW, what a way to take it like a man. Parcells would have answered more questions, Coughlin would have done it too.

Arrogance killed the Patriots.
RavenKen

Baltimore, MD

#7 Feb 4, 2008
Damn fine game to watch and I'm glad the Giants won. I always felt a little bit - a little bid mind you - sorry for them they way the Ravens had beaten' the S$!# out of them in SB XXXV. That was a real fun SB to watch :-)
Go Ravens. Next Year Baby, ALL THE WAY!!!
Drew

Brandon, MS

#8 Feb 4, 2008
I couldn't believe that Belichick came onto the field before the game was over and then left before the last play. He is an egotistical piece of garbage and he showed on national television that he is incapable of any humility.

I'm happy for the Giants, and this hopefully, is a good transition to the offseason where the Patriots antics of breaking and bending the rules is thoroughly investigated.

I am tired of hearing them compared to other football dynasties that did things the right way, like the Cowboys, the Niners, and the Steelers. Those are dynasties, not the Patriots. The whole team is classless from top to bottom.
jjames

Abingdon, MD

#9 Feb 4, 2008
Did Brady stick around to congratulate Manning and the other Giants?

Since: Jan 08

Rochester, MI

#10 Feb 4, 2008
Where's Patsfan1111 ? You called me a fool to suggest that the Giants would hold the Pats to 2 touchdowns and win. Other people made jokes about my user name saying "you are raving mad". Don't hide...come out and admit you were wrong. Okay Baltimore let us talk draft. For most of the season I was big on Matt Ryan, but this kid from Delaware (Flacco) is impressive and might be available in rounds 2 or 3 (although I hear the Bears and Dolphins love him too). At 6-6 230 he reminds me of Carson Palmer but can move like Ben Roethlisberger. He has the strongest arm coming out of college, great mechanics, quick release, but at times inaccurate. Would you gamble to see if he is still around in 2 or 3 and take a top corner or Desean Jackson(wr)or draft Ryan who the team has coveted for awhile?
Scott G

Frederick, MD

#11 Feb 4, 2008
While I dont really hate the Patriots, I find it ironic that , I believe it was Burress, predicted a 21-17 victory, and Brady scoffed at him. "Give us a little credit, we can score more than that" Actually, you scored less. And outside some bogus plays and calls, Baltimore would have beaten you too. I will give credit where credit is due, the Patriots were definitely a good team. But kudos to the Giants. You had to see this coming. They beat two other very good teams on the road in the playoffs. They were just on a roll, and sometimes, thats what it takes.
Rick

Glen Burnie, MD

#12 Feb 4, 2008
Pats coach will be villified for the rest of his career for making so many bad decisions in the SB game. Always thought he was the best until this game. Team that wanted it the most always wins. Looked like R Harrison didn't take his vitamins before the game. Eli made many sportswriters eat their words from earler in the season.Way to go Giants.
pstroms

United States

#13 Feb 4, 2008
Turns out to be just a season for the Pats, nothing special. Awesome game!
Adalius T

Baltimore, MD

#14 Feb 4, 2008
I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS!
Scott G

Frederick, MD

#15 Feb 4, 2008
And can some one answer this... I am not being sarcastic, I would like a straight answer...since when do do challenege a non called penalty? THAT alone had me rooting for the Giants. I have never seen that done. Not arguing it has not happened, but this was the first I saw it. How do you argue to the refs they didnt call a penalty? I dont get that.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#16 Feb 4, 2008
The only people who were "shocked" at the Giants victory were the mass media "experts" who were so far up Brady's butt they couldn't see that the Pats were an over-hyped media creation. Philly almost beat them. The Ravens almost beat them. And the Giants played them tough in an otherwise meaningless game. The Pats failed to dominate ANYBODY in the last few weeks of the season, and throughout the playoffs.

Major props to the Giants -- Spagnuolo, Coughlin, Gilbride, Manning & his O-line, Strahan and the D-Line, Burress, Tyree Bradshaw, & Boss and the rest of the team. They played as a team and took care of business. One of the best Super Bowls of all time, and one of the best officiated games as well. There were no "funny calls", and the refs let em play, and the best team won.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#17 Feb 4, 2008
I left out Smith, who played a hell of a game for a rookie, even with some of his drops. And Toomer made some clutch catches as well. And while Jacobs didn't have a great game, he kept on pounding the rock all game long.
SUNSHINE

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Feb 4, 2008
YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW CHEATERS, GOD DON'T LIKE UGLYNESS,HE LET YOU GET ALL THE WAY UP ON YOUR HIGH CHEATING HORSES AND THEN HE KNOCKED YOU DOWM, SLAPPED YOUR FACES NATION WIDE. WAY TO GO GIANTS YOU EARNED IT AND YOU DESERVED IT.
Rich

United States

#19 Feb 4, 2008
Great season of football. It takes 2 great teams to play a great championship game and that's what we had yesterday. Football at its best. The Giants played great and deserved the win. Well what do I do now that football is over. Life will be good but just not as forfilling. Thanks to all the good teams. The Cowboys, Chargers, Kolts, Giants, Jacksonville, but most of all the Patriots. They played with class in winning and in there loss yesterday. Sadly the real winners are the crummy low class '72 Miami team. Well that's football. On any given Sunday. Thanks for all the great posts. Hope to here from all of you next year. Go Ravens!
Jimmy V

Blacksburg, VA

#20 Feb 4, 2008
That game really sucked. The Super Bore gets worse and worse every year.
DDL

United States

#21 Feb 4, 2008
John wrote:
I agree with that 1000%! How classless but then again, they are bunch of cheaters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Tyree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heroics and blunders highlight past Super Bowls (Feb '10) Feb '10 Bob Roberts 4
News Top 10 NFL signature moments of the 2000s (Dec '09) Jan '10 putapeta08 8
News Giants ' upset win leaves the Patriots looking ... (Feb '08) Jan '10 Rockin pat fan 242
News Quinn's house reportedly for sale | The Columbu... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Clowns 28
News Ravens sign former Super Bowl hero Tyree (Oct '09) Oct '09 Butchy 1
News Ex-Dolphin Zach Thomas cut by Chiefs (Sep '09) Sep '09 Edward Carson 1
News Manningham ready for breakout season for Giants (Jun '09) Jun '09 tommy v 9
More from around the web