ELI OR BRETT?: Manning Giants' Joe Cool

ELI OR BRETT?: Manning Giants' Joe Cool

There are 1 comment on the Connecticut Post story from Sep 2, 2008, titled ELI OR BRETT?: Manning Giants' Joe Cool. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The town chump is now the champ. When it comes to NFL quarterbacks playing in New York, the New York Giants' Eli Manning is the guy you want under center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Nesta

Tucson, AZ

#1 Sep 3, 2008
Since you should take the entire year in account when comparing Brett Favre and Eli Manning not just the fact that Eli's Giants (exspecially their defense) beat Brett's Packers in the NFC Title game, please remind me who finished 2nd in last year's MVP balloting. Who led their young team to a 13-3 record? Who has 3 previous NFL MVP's and had a year last year that statiscially was better than 2 of those previous MVP years? Yes, as the Quarterback Eli gets credit for the Superbowl win, but seriously, everyone knows that the Giants defense is what put them over the top. Now that the Giants are somewhat questionable on defense with Strahan's retirement and Osi's injury, the burden to win will be on Eli's shoulders. Eli has shown in the past that with a subpar defense, he can't win games. On the other side of the city, you have Brett Favre who had to play on numerous Packer teams that were either short on talent on the Offensive and Defensive sides, yet he still led his teams (with of course 2 years exception during the horrible Sherman era and coaching carousel) to the Play-Offs and beyond. Tell me now, with a depleted Giants team and a rebuilt Jets team, you really would take Eli over Brett? That is hiliarous; you might want to stick to picking daisies as your NFL analysis is rubbish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Tyree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heroics and blunders highlight past Super Bowls (Feb '10) Feb '10 Bob Roberts 4
News Top 10 NFL signature moments of the 2000s (Dec '09) Jan '10 putapeta08 8
News Giants ' upset win leaves the Patriots looking ... (Feb '08) Jan '10 Rockin pat fan 242
News Quinn's house reportedly for sale | The Columbu... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Clowns 28
News Ravens sign former Super Bowl hero Tyree (Oct '09) Oct '09 Butchy 1
News Ex-Dolphin Zach Thomas cut by Chiefs (Sep '09) Sep '09 Edward Carson 1
News Manningham ready for breakout season for Giants (Jun '09) Jun '09 tommy v 9
More from around the web