Quinn's house reportedly for sale | The Columbus Dispatch

Oct 14, 2009 Read more: Columbus Dispatch 28
Brady Quinn's home in Avon Lake was listed for sale yesterday, according to multiple reports. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff

Westerville, OH

#1 Oct 14, 2009
not a browns or a quinn fan but isnt it amazing how the nfl draft can make a career or ruin one. quinn will never get another chance at starting QB in the NFL again and yes I believe he had a bright future but by this time next year he'll be a 3rd shift manager at a dublin mcdonald's all because of the NFL draft.
Dan

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 14, 2009
Cleveland is the place that quarterback's careers go to die. They will never invest in an offensive line, and it's hard to survive when you are running for your life on every down. A trade would be the best thing that could happen to Quinn.
John Galt

Grove City, OH

#3 Oct 14, 2009
If the Browns have any decency, they will trade Brady this week. It will be best for all involved.
SterlingSilver

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 14, 2009
Does anyone really care? How is this news?
Donut Shop Owner

Baltimore, MD

#5 Oct 14, 2009
Sterling Silver, are you obtuse? This is a newspaper and this is sports news, go listen to NPR!
claw71

Dublin, OH

#6 Oct 14, 2009
Brady can go ahead and accept responsibility for his own failures. First of all, he was not drafted highly. He slipped dramatically because people who know about quarterbacks realized that Quinn's had a lot of work to do. Then Brady decided to negotiate an incentive-based contract.

As this season began, Brady Quinn was not good enough to justify the escalators in his deal so rather than letting him take 70% of the snaps and make an extra 9 million bucks, the Browns benched him.

If Brady had distanced himself from Derek Anderson this discussion would be moot. The Browns would have happily paid him the extra money if he had proved himself to be a winner. So far, he looks average at best and he clearly hasn't won over that team with his leadership ability.

Quinn will get another shot and he might even be a good quarterback someday, but he didn't rise to the occasion with the Browns.
SterlingSilver

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 14, 2009
Donut Shop Owner wrote:
Sterling Silver, are you obtuse? This is a newspaper and this is sports news, go listen to NPR!
I was referring to the report of him putting his house up for sale. More of a crack on the headline, which had very little to do with what the story was about. But I think I'll take you up on your suggestion and get back to my NPR.
Good

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 14, 2009
This guy is so arrogant. After having a silver spoon in his mouth, practically his whole life, it is nice to finally see him humbled.
Ron Burgundy

Columbus, OH

#9 Oct 14, 2009
Dan wrote:
Cleveland is the place that quarterback's careers go to die. They will never invest in an offensive line, and it's hard to survive when you are running for your life on every down. A trade would be the best thing that could happen to Quinn.
Dan, you're blind. The Browns have drafted 1st rounders Joe Thomas and Alex Mack in the past 3 years, as well as signed Steinbach away from Cincinnati. While there are definitely holes on the other side of the line, to say they never invest in an offensive line is dumb and ignorant.
Ron Burgundy

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 14, 2009
Good wrote:
This guy is so arrogant. After having a silver spoon in his mouth, practically his whole life, it is nice to finally see him humbled.
How do you know he had a silver spoon? Did you know him, his family, etc.? Do you assume everyone from a place like Dublin is rich? Do you just hate prestigious universities like Notre Dame? My bet is you're just making that comment because you're poor and/or uneducated, and you don't like anyone from the 'burbs and/or who went to college?
Seth

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 14, 2009
Quinn should move to the Short North. That way he and his buddies don't have to drive far after they get drunk and yell obscenities at people. Hopefully he losses all his money and the only thing he will have left to say is..."do you want fries with that?
John Galt

Grove City, OH

#12 Oct 14, 2009
Seth wrote:
Quinn should move to the Short North. That way he and his buddies don't have to drive far after they get drunk and yell obscenities at people. Hopefully he losses all his money and the only thing he will have left to say is..."do you want fries with that?
Poor Seth. Envy is not a healthy emotion.
GHT

Beaverton, OR

#13 Oct 14, 2009
Look, we all agree the Browns have issues, but in all reality, he is not an NFL QB and I am sure all the homers on here posting good wishes are from ND and it's Alumni. DA should have never lost the job in the first place. Now Mangina has 2 QB's looking over their shoulder. Total lack of confidance from everyone.
earplugs

Columbus, OH

#14 Oct 14, 2009
So I guess wearing Edwards shoes didn't help him?
Seth

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 14, 2009
hah that is not envy my friend. Disgust maybe, but defintiely don't envy Brady Quinn. I do envy people such as lottery winners...but not a person who grows up in a rich neighborhood, goes to the richest college in the nation, and then expects to be given much more money than he is worth. I'm not totally blaming it all on Brady, I'm sure his parents are mostly to blame.
GHT

Beaverton, OR

#16 Oct 14, 2009
Look, we all agree the Browns have issues, but in all reality, he is not an NFL QB and I am sure all the homers on here posting good wishes are from ND and it's Alumni. DA should have never lost the job in the first place. Now Mangina has 2 QB's looking over their shoulder. Total lack of confidance.
John Galt

Grove City, OH

#17 Oct 14, 2009
I doubt Mangini wants either in the long run. Trade Brady before the deadline and let him have a chance to become an NFL quarterback somewhere else. He may or may not be NFL material, who really knows based on his Cleveland experience. I agree that Mangini is entitled to bring in his own players, whether that be quarterback or any other position.
Cindy

Dayton, OH

#19 Oct 14, 2009
GET RID OF QUINN, HE MAY BE A PRETTY FACE, BUT HE IS A LOUSY QUARTERBACK......GO BROWNS, I AM WITH YOU THROUGH THICK AND THIN.
Enzyte Bob

Westerville, OH

#20 Oct 14, 2009
John Galt wrote:
I doubt Mangini wants either in the long run. Trade Brady before the deadline and let him have a chance to become an NFL quarterback somewhere else. He may or may not be NFL material, who really knows based on his Cleveland experience. I agree that Mangini is entitled to bring in his own players, whether that be quarterback or any other position.
It's hard to tell if Brady has what it takes based on his run with the Browns. Chances are he doesn't, but I would still like to see him get plugged into a team that is compatible with his talents and see where he goes. Take Neil O'Donnell, for instance. He was a decent quarterback with the Steelers and the Titans, but stunk up the house with the Browns. I wouldn't pull the plug on him just yet.
Enzyte Bob

Westerville, OH

#21 Oct 14, 2009
Meant: Bengals in the last post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Tyree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heroics and blunders highlight past Super Bowls (Feb '10) Feb '10 Bob Roberts 4
News Top 10 NFL signature moments of the 2000s (Dec '09) Jan '10 putapeta08 8
News Giants ' upset win leaves the Patriots looking ... (Feb '08) Jan '10 Rockin pat fan 242
News Ravens sign former Super Bowl hero Tyree (Oct '09) Oct '09 Butchy 1
News Ex-Dolphin Zach Thomas cut by Chiefs (Sep '09) Sep '09 Edward Carson 1
News Manningham ready for breakout season for Giants (Jun '09) Jun '09 tommy v 9
News Giants' Pierce ready to move past disappointing... (Jun '09) Jun '09 pierce 5
More from around the web