Giants prevent perfect season, beatin...

Giants prevent perfect season, beating Patriots 17-14

There are 26 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Feb 4, 2008, titled Giants prevent perfect season, beating Patriots 17-14. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

The Giants had the perfect answer for the suddenly imperfect Patriots: a big, bad defense and an improbable comeback led by their own Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sammy

Dedham, MA

#1 Feb 4, 2008
What a shame. Perfect season? Oh, man. This one hurts!

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#2 Feb 4, 2008
A Shame? It is GREAT! GO G-MEN!!!!
Dave

Dedham, MA

#3 Feb 4, 2008
G-Men? Oh, please. Go away.
Keith

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Feb 4, 2008
Pats still rule. giants got lucky. 16-0 Perfect regular season! way to go Pats. We'll just own again next year. booyah!!!
johnny bananas

Westminster, MD

#5 Feb 4, 2008
Perfect regular season or not it doesn't matter unless you win the super bowl......
RJB

Lincoln, RI

#7 Feb 4, 2008
Pats are still AWESOME 42 NFL records broken!!! We should still have a parade for them. Thank you Patriots for the AWESOME SEASON!
MJB

Smithfield, RI

#8 Feb 4, 2008
Once again a New England team can take credit for the biggest CHOKE in sports history !!!!!
wolf

Pawtucket, RI

#9 Feb 4, 2008
hard to swallow...just have to wait til next year
kmc

Providence, RI

#10 Feb 4, 2008
it doenst matter pats are still the best! go pats!
soup

Meriden, CT

#11 Feb 4, 2008
What would you rather be. A team that goes 18-1 and chokes or be a team that goes 14 and 6 and wins the Big One? The Giants weren't lucky, they were good. Tom Brady was lucky that he didn't see too much of the game being on his back most of the night
Luv New England Area

Augusta, GA

#12 Feb 4, 2008
That was the best football game that I have seen in long time.Both teams went back to basics of football. I agree the giants weren't lucky, they were good.
LAG

Newport, RI

#13 Feb 4, 2008
The PATRIOTS gave Eli this one it will be his one and only superbowl win don't forget Tom Brady and the Patriots have 3 superbowl rings yes I said 3 Eli has 1 and only one he better enjoy it. It's not like the GIANTS played a great game they just got lucky and luck does not strike in the same place twice so they better enjoy this one and only one. PATRIOTS are still the best football team around and there's always next year. In a day or two people will be saying GIANTS,GIANTS who? Eli,Eli Who? Who cares the PATRIOTS rule!!! I say have a home coming parade any way. They earned it.
Dee

Guilford, CT

#14 Feb 4, 2008
RaiderFaith wrote:
A Shame? It is GREAT! GO G-MEN!!!!
The Giants got lucky!!!!! They were no where near a perfect season and like baseball and the wildcard, teams get lucky and and so did the Giants!!! Get over it!!! Let's face it, Eli's not that great, if he were, the NYG would have had a perfect season, just like the Pat's!!!
GO PAT'S!!!!! THEY'LL BE BACK!!! GOD BLESS THE PATRIOTS - THEY RULE!!!!
Joe Joe

Wakefield, RI

#15 Feb 4, 2008
Best franchise in SPORTS. Ever.
Hilarious C

San Diego, CA

#16 Feb 4, 2008
LAG wrote:
The PATRIOTS gave Eli this one it will be his one and only superbowl win don't forget Tom Brady and the Patriots have 3 superbowl rings yes I said 3 Eli has 1 and only one he better enjoy it. It's not like the GIANTS played a great game they just got lucky and luck does not strike in the same place twice so they better enjoy this one and only one. PATRIOTS are still the best football team around and there's always next year. In a day or two people will be saying GIANTS,GIANTS who? Eli,Eli Who? Who cares the PATRIOTS rule!!! I say have a home coming parade any way. They earned it.
Losers shouldn't have parades. They lost the biggest game in the history of the NFL. They could have been 19-0. 18-1 and 1-18 is the same thing, no championship!!! Giants weren't luck, try better!!!
Lynn Rossier

Providence, RI

#17 Feb 4, 2008
I actually think football REALLY STINKS. I watched some of the game between the pats and the giants and
I feel both teams played hard and their best. The giants just got lucky. I would have liked the pats to have won being the home team but they were undefeated going into the super bowl game which was a great thing. I just cant wait until baseball season. Now that is worth the time watching all of and getting excited about. Congrats to the pats for
doing as well as they did and trying their best. Maybe next year will be a superbowl win for the pats.
Hilarious C

San Diego, CA

#18 Feb 4, 2008
Joe Joe wrote:
Best franchise in SPORTS. Ever.
I agree,Giants are the best franchise on the east coast.
Sue Swansea M A

Rehoboth, MA

#19 Feb 4, 2008
It was a great game!! I would have loved to see the Pats go all the way, but they didn't. A true Pats fan would say GREAT JOB for winning 18 games in a row and look forward to next year. PATS ROCK!!!
LAG

Providence, RI

#20 Feb 4, 2008
Hilarious C wrote:
<quoted text>
Losers shouldn't have parades. They lost the biggest game in the history of the NFL. They could have been 19-0. 18-1 and 1-18 is the same thing, no championship!!! Giants weren't luck, try better!!!
GIANTS WHO FORGOT ALREADY!!! ENJOY THE GIANTS LAST SUPERBOWL WIN FOR AWHILE. NEXT YEAR THEY WON'T EVEN MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS. ANYONE CAN WIN ONE GAME, 18 IN A ROW NOW THAT'S TALENT NOT LUCK. AND NO MAYBE THEY DON'T DESERVE A PARADE FOR NOT WINNING BUT JUST FOR BEING A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM ALL AROUND. HAVE THE GIANTS EVER WON 2 SUPERBOWL'S IN AROW? CATCH NEXT YEAR!!!!
soup

Meriden, CT

#21 Feb 5, 2008
Yes anyone can win ONE game, but can the Patsies win THE game?
Best franchise in sports ever? Please.I will give the Patsies credit for being the best football team this decade, but the best team in all sports ever? Try 26 for the Yankees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Tyree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heroics and blunders highlight past Super Bowls (Feb '10) Feb '10 Bob Roberts 4
News Top 10 NFL signature moments of the 2000s (Dec '09) Jan '10 putapeta08 8
News Giants ' upset win leaves the Patriots looking ... (Feb '08) Jan '10 Rockin pat fan 242
News Quinn's house reportedly for sale | The Columbu... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Clowns 28
News Ravens sign former Super Bowl hero Tyree (Oct '09) Oct '09 Butchy 1
News Ex-Dolphin Zach Thomas cut by Chiefs (Sep '09) Sep '09 Edward Carson 1
News Manningham ready for breakout season for Giants (Jun '09) Jun '09 tommy v 9
More from around the web