Harper makes his move, to division fo...

Harper makes his move, to division foe Titans

There are 55 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 13, 2007, titled Harper makes his move, to division foe Titans. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

More videos - select from menu Colts parade and rally - 02/05 Time-lapse of the Super Bowl - 02/05 Fans in Indy celebrate - 02/05 Blue Crew party in Miami - 02/04 Super Bowl XLI: Miami style - 2/3 Coaches speak ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Drew

Union, KY

#43 Mar 14, 2007
I don't know why most people are thinking this is so terrible that we didn't try to resign harper. I believe that he is expendable just like rom rhodes. I like the idea of seeing him twice a season matched up against dallas clark, reggie wayne and espeically matched up against marvin harrison, marvin will burn harper every time, with out a doubt. Marlin Jackson is a good nickle back, david is a pretty cover corner and what kelvin hayden did in the Super Bowl was amazing and remember the jets game where our DBs kept getting hurt, hayden did an amazing job covering L.Coles and not letting coles catch the ball and break it for huge yardage. I have faith in the Colts and what they do, players will come and go and who knows what will happen, nothing is garunteed! Go Colts! Stop complaining about who the colts sign or don't sign in this case. Have faith, wait till the season starts and then you can't start bitching, right now there is nothing to bitch about! go Colts!
thomas lusk

Stockton, CA

#44 Mar 14, 2007
AT 32 I CAN SEE LETTING NICK HARPER GO. I THINK WE DEFINITELY NEED TO MATCH ANY OFFER FOR JASON DAVID
Walter Skinner

Toledo, OH

#45 Mar 14, 2007
Rhodes and Harper were decent - at best. And it's true Rhodes had a great SB game, but he needs to face up to reality: he's not an every down RB. He doesn't have the wheels for it. And Harper? I've lost track of the number of times he got burned over the last 2-3 years.

I don't think Harper going to Tennessee is a big deal. Thornton going there didn't make the Titans all that much better. Tennessee was better because of Vince Young. That pretty much sums it up.
luda

Cincinnati, OH

#46 Mar 14, 2007
u say colts will be 8-8 next year at best, u obviously know nothing about football u ignoramus.
zionsville

Indianapolis, IN

#48 Mar 14, 2007
Is his knife-wielding wife going with him??
INDY COLTS FAN 1945

Greenwood, MS

#49 Mar 14, 2007
The Colts better be careful & don't lose too many free agents!!!!

WE need to have a good draft & get some A+++ FREE AGENTS!!!!!

"Let's maKE it 2 in 2008"!!!!!
kenny

Indianapolis, IN

#50 Mar 14, 2007
who cares
Teacher

Indianapolis, IN

#51 Mar 14, 2007
kenny wrote:
who cares
You do you A-HOLE!
Carolina Tom

Miami, FL

#52 Mar 14, 2007
Goodbye Nick, we knew this was coming. Now let,s get a real good corner.
Sonia

Auburn Hills, MI

#53 Mar 14, 2007
Great news!

This will save Carmel and Hamilton County taxpayers money from future "disturbances."

Now, if we can just get rid of the other troublesome "Indianapolis" athletes in Hamilton County.
Coltsville

Carmel, IN

#54 Mar 14, 2007
It's easy to see who actually follows the Colts and knows something about football on this message board.

Listen, everything is going according to plan. Rhoades and Harper were simply beneficiaries of playing with incredibly talented teammates. Anyone who watched the preseason last year or paid any attention when Hayden was in during the regular season would not be stressing this "loss". He's better than Harper. He may be better than David. On that note, I used to be a Jason David hater. Then it was pointed out to me by someone more knowledgeable than myself that most of the time David was getting burnt in the earlier part of his career that it was actually the safeties fault. I watched every snap of every preseason & regular season game and I don't recall anyone burning David this past season. I don't even recall anyone throwing in his direction. I hope that we can retain him but if not, I'm confident that either Jennings (who I thought looked impressive in the few minutes he saw in preseason) or Jackson can step in and do an adequate job.

Rhoades is out of his mind thinking he's an every down back. He was absolutely expendable..I fully expect De De Dorsey to fill in nicely or you could pretty much throw any decent back into the mix just to give Addai a blow. You know they're making the investment in Freeny and I seriously dobut that June is going anywhere. Either way, I'm looking foward to seeing Kieaho get some minutes. He looked like a stud in the short amount of minutes he saw last year. At safety, well that position speaks for itself. Doss was having a terrific year, but Bethea is a stud. With Reagor gone, Simon doubtful, we need defensive tackles and I expect Polian to address that in the draft.

To the guy who said the Titans are shaping into a contender...last time I checked they've lost both of their starting wideouts, their top defensive and special teams player, as well as their star tailback. That doesn't exactly equate to a contender.

Further, I can't believe the way the Patriots are throwing money around at other teams 'star' free agents. It's only evidence of how desperate they really are these days. They're abondoning all of their Patriot principles. And the demise continues.

In closing...repeat.

bcoltfan

United States

#55 Mar 17, 2007
if you think nick harper wasn't one of the top corners in the nfl the last few seasons, you don't know much about defensive football. this guy was constantly batting down footballs, making tackles, and intercepting passes. jason david is not very good. lets hope hayden and jackson are able to make david a nickel corner and mike doss gets healthy to give us some depth in the secondary. are next year might remind you of the jim mora days
Coltsville

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Mar 17, 2007
bcoltfan wrote:
if you think nick harper wasn't one of the top corners in the nfl the last few seasons, you don't know much about defensive football. this guy was constantly batting down footballs, making tackles, and intercepting passes. jason david is not very good. lets hope hayden and jackson are able to make david a nickel corner and mike doss gets healthy to give us some depth in the secondary. are next year might remind you of the jim mora days
Harper had a great year. With that said, lots of DB's bat down footballs, make tackles, and intercept passes on a routine basis. Most importantly, he's aging and getting slower by the game. Youth is paramount in this league today.

A lot of folks want to say David is not very good..but that's usually the bandwagon talk'n. I disliked him his first season..but I thought he was solid last year. Anyone recall any major errors or poor performances from him last year??

I agreed with Dungy 100% when he said that Hayden was our best DB in the preseason last year...in which all of our DB's played. Harper got the nod with his experience. Grant it, Grossman was throwing those balls..but Hayden sure did step up big on the world's biggest stage.

I don't believe Doss will be returning.

Exit June, Harper, and Rhoades...enter Kieaho, Hayden, and any scrub off the street that can give Addai a breather + a defensive tackle in the first round of the draft = REPEAT.
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#57 Mar 18, 2007
Mabey the Tennissee Titans should change their name to the Tennissee Convicts with Harper and Jones in the backfeild.
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#58 Mar 18, 2007
Brian wrote:
A national columnist (sorry, I can't remember who) has Clement as a "B+" DB, and Harper as a "B" DB (assuming he is used primarily in Cover 2). There is no guarantee that the replacements will play at that level. Harper has been the Colts' best corner, and wasn't slowing down last season. He'll be missed.
Another note on Free Agents. The ability to keep rookies as indentured servants with long rookie contracts has been severly diminished. By the time they are producing now, they are out on the market. It becomes less attractive to let veterans go with the new CBA; the young replacements become available to other teams after only two years. The landscape has changed. I'm sure that's why the Patriots are altering their philosophy. The six year rookie contracts are no more.
WHOOPTY DO. So what the Patriots still suck next year they will get the old Sports Illistrated Super Bowl champions Jinx and most likely not make the playoffs and even if they do theY WILL LOSE ONCE AGAIN AT THE COLTS' VERY OWN DOME SWEET DOME AND LATER WATCHING THIER LONG TIME MEMIOUSES BECOME A DYNASTY TIEING THEM IN SB WINS!!!!!!!!

Remember the Patriots have lost 2 big name LONG-TERM Key players in Danniel Grahm and Corey Dillon who I might add lead the Team in TD's last season. Just look at the Washinton Redskins or should I say Deadskins, ALL THEY RELIGH ON BIG NAME FREE ADGENTS LIKE ADALIOUS THOMAS AND DONTAI STALLWORTH TO MAKE AN IMEDIET IMPACT EVERY YEAR. Later the team is in the top 10 for worst in the NFL and fires their old free adgents and highers new ones going through the SAME GRULING PROCESS over and over again. So remember NFL free adgents are A REBUILDING MOVE WHO ONLY WORK 50% OF THE TIME!!!!! HA I REST MY CASE 3 IS ALL YOUR PRESCHIOUS PATHETIC PATRIOT PANZIES SEE IN SB TITLES!!!!!!!!! GET USED TO LOOSING TO THE SB CHAMPIONS WE DID AND MAN DID IT SUCK A$$!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Thornton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fisher: Young not welcome at team meeting (Nov '10) Nov '10 Disappointed 3
News Fisher: Young not welcome for 'obvious reasons' (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
News Titans' younger D work in progress due to injuries (Aug '10) Aug '10 triple6vamp 1
News Keith Bulluck Out For Season With Torn ACL - Ne... (Dec '09) Dec '09 banger 4
News Genesco Teams With Titan For Shoe Giveaway - Ne... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Sugaray 1
News Tennessee still Peyton's place (Dec '09) Dec '09 josh tankersley 2
News On their day off, Titans staying busy in the co... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Samantha 1
More from around the web