Ravens have eyes on veteran QB McNair

Ravens have eyes on veteran QB McNair

There are 71 comments on the Fox Sports story from Mar 14, 2006, titled Ravens have eyes on veteran QB McNair. In it, Fox Sports reports that:

The Baltimore Ravens seem like they want to make a play to acquire veteran QB Steve McNair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Sports.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Regis

Gallatin, TN

#1 Mar 17, 2006
Noooooooooo!!!!
Alex

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Mar 17, 2006
please!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2006
Steve McNair kept restructuring his contract for the team and now the team can't pay him. If they don't cut him they won't even be able to sign the draft picks. Right now they are 500K under the salary cap. Why should Steve stand around for a year or two and be the backup in Tennesee; or anywhere for that matter? He should come to Baltimore where he will be the starter so Kyle Boller can learn and he will get paid, since we only are paying Boller about 1 and half million dollars. Also, we have Derrick Mason and he definately has some history playing with him. Not to mention the "best" 50 million workout facility in the industry
Kevin

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2006
Out of the 32 teams in the NFL. No other teams would be a better fit. Everyone has a starting QB but the Ravens. We have the $$$$$$$$ and Derrick mason is already here!
Ken

Washington, DC

#5 Apr 6, 2006
Regis wrote:
Noooooooooo!!!!

Hey Regis I agree!Noooooooooo!But it looks as if my my team has messed up royally.Why did they pay David Givens so much?I have never heard at anytime ever,of an situation as this before.Asking your starting QB to leave the workout facility.Steve has got to be irritated as hell after that.I don't think he will be back with the team.It really hurts to even think about him not being there.Especially if he ends up in Baltimore of all places!Oh I think I am going to be sick!
Regis

Gallatin, TN

#6 Apr 6, 2006
It's ridiculous, Bud Adams(The Tittans Owner) is the one who is upset because he thinks McNine should take another pay cut,which is crazy he has taken three already.Just give him more years and let him retire here problem solved. I agree with you said that why would you sign a top reciever to that type of money before you even try to sign your franchise QB. What Adams Probably thought was that if he got a couple of pieces in that Mac would sign cheaper, well it just don't help to through him out because he don't agree with your first offer.
eric

AOL

#7 Apr 9, 2006
If the ravens pick up Mcnair or a qb that will at least manage the game and make a play when the team needs it the ravens are going to be a tough team to deal with the defense is proably if not thew best i nthe league and has been for years with or with out ray lewis. if we can get mcnair and some help on the rig ht side of the o line you mgiht see another run like the superbowl year. nobody def expected it then so it is def karma ravens take mcnair at adelphia coliseium to make there way to to tampa and take the super bowl and now mcnair gets to have his last oppurtunity to win one.
jack steel

Alexandria, VA

#8 Apr 9, 2006
hey if the raven get mcnair the SUPERBOWL HERE COME THE RAVENS!!! and the rest of the nfl WILL once again FEAR the ravens!!
Jan Burns

Lithonia, GA

#9 Apr 10, 2006
I moved to Baltimore two years ago and married a RAVENS fan...I have remained a TITANS fan, which doesn't make life in our house easy when they play each other :) But if Steve McNair comes to Baltimore, I'll have to convert, after all..all my favorite TITANS players would be RAVENS and they also have Jamal Lewis, and I've loved him since his days at UT. Come on up Steve..the Inner Harbor is beautiful and the Ravens fans would appreciate you!!
Lorine

Decatur, GA

#10 Apr 12, 2006
If mcnair take the ravens to the superbowl, Good, he's been trying to get to the superbowl every since he came to Tennessee.Some QB have been there more than twice. SEE
if the ravens appreciate him when he can't deliver. He is a great guy and thats it.
titans

AOL

#11 Apr 12, 2006
Lorine wrote:
If mcnair take the ravens to the superbowl, Good, he's been trying to get to the superbowl every since he came to Tennessee.Some QB have been there more than twice. SEE
if the ravens appreciate him when he can't deliver. He is a great guy and thats it.
get him out!!!!!{rebuilding mean anything}.he didnt want to mentor. bye .bye
titans

AOL

#12 Apr 12, 2006
2 words bill volek.
titans

AOL

#13 Apr 12, 2006
oh!kevin from MD your weak. spoken true ravens fan wants all titans on his team thank god frank wy retired youd want him too your weak. stay on raven chat
Regis

Gallatin, TN

#14 Apr 12, 2006
titans wrote:
2 words bill volek.
Are you SERIOUS!!!!!! Volek. Come on dude we want win two games with Volek, he's a good back up QB and that's it!!!!
I know your just jokin', but if you're not you either must be kin to him or know him very well because thats dumb to even assume that Volek is a quality starter! Just think about it man, he's been a third string QB for long time for a reason. When Neil O'Donnell was here and if they could or i might as well say could of gotten McNair's contract situataed he would be third again. There selecting another QB for a reason and it's because Volek ain't the man.
titans

AOL

#15 Apr 12, 2006
then whos the man answer that.vince, matt,jay please they need two or three years bill knows the system. at least for a year. rebuilding takes time you know that.do some thing.dont you think!!!!!
Regis

Gallatin, TN

#16 Apr 12, 2006
titans wrote:
<quoted text>get him out!!!!!{rebuilding mean anything}.he didnt want to mentor. bye .bye
Man you don't know football. I played collage ball and i can tell you from experience that it's not that you mentor, you just show leadership that means going early, leaving late, doing extra film and being a good teammate. People just get things out of context, Bud Adams just don't want him back and Resse and Fisher do, so it just looks ugly. And as far as rebuilding that don't mean you cut your franchise QB, thats the one person that you don't cut. I never in my life saw any organization do this to thier franchise Qb when they rebuilt,Aikman,Farvre,Marino,J .Kelly,Young none of them were pushed out. The only thing that i see in common and i don't want to even think this but Bud Adams is a country good ol'boy and McNair is a black man with that stigma of thinking to slowly, Adams has his chance to get that typical white QB with Lienhart. I may be right but looks can be deceiving.
Regis

Gallatin, TN

#17 Apr 12, 2006
titans wrote:
then whos the man answer that.vince, matt,jay please they need two or three years bill knows the system. at least for a year. rebuilding takes time you know that.do some thing.dont you think!!!!!
Leinhart is the man, they are doing all they can to get Bush but it's not happening. They are holding the three pick for ransom because they know that the Raiders, Jets , Greenbay and a couple of others would die to get their hands on one of these QB's so they are keeping it smart by not tiping their cap.
titans

AOL

#18 Apr 12, 2006
im just upset i need mac just wont be the same with him in a raven uniform.im just irate. right now. forgive me im just thinking of jack pardee years comming. tell that wont happen
Regis

Gallatin, TN

#19 Apr 12, 2006
It burn's me up too! It's ridiculous, words really can't explain it. Why in you're right mind would you cut somebody that helps in the community, plays hurt, plays without top teir Wr except Mase. For god's sake he gave up part of his chest to play for you this year and everyone includeing management knew we wasn't going to the playoffs, it's ridiculous that's all i can say.
titans

AOL

#20 Apr 12, 2006
im not say it was right what they did to mac. resse is all bisness. look at eddie! looking for work let him go to dallas of all places. that tell you its bisness.mac just whants to play. let him play for the punk a#@ ravens.let us get on foot ball.mac says he wants to play .play elswhere!!.we play to win the game!!! as a team. mac anit part of are winning team we are building. get a hold of that. bud been in here a long time. gots to be doing somthimg right.titans are my team i just hope they do the right thing.regis please dont look down on me for saying so. we got to hurry. becuse indy,jax are still climbing the south we are better then them punks!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Givens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Titans Face Multi-Million Dollar Laws... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bad News 51
News Ravin' about Mason Baltimore knows he was a goo... (Jan '09) Jan '09 YepToo 2
News NewsChannel 5.com Nashville, Tennessee - Titans... (Jan '08) Jan '08 test 1
News Titans Agree to Terms With Eric Moulds (Jul '07) Jul '07 Hank 1
News NFL Draft: Titans have high hopes for 10 picks (Apr '07) Apr '07 Classmate from Ma... 1
News Suspension could cost Jones $182K a game (Apr '07) Apr '07 Diamond Jim 1
News Titans cut Henry; Bennett signs with Rams (Mar '07) Mar '07 Titansfan83 14
More from around the web